UNC, Butch reportedly reach agreement.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC, Butch reportedly reach agreement..

nyjunc said:
I can do it. Just go check out Parcell's drafts from '97-'99 w/ the jets. it's only 3 years but have a glance. I'll look up other teams later but i know fro a fact that his drafts were MUCH better than our drafts under BP.

I did....not too shabby. For all the Jet's fans continual bitching about Parcells he did all right. No first rounders for two years straight and he manages to get Farrior, Ferguson, Ward, Fabini, and Randy Thomas. Thats what, one pro-bowler a year? Thats about what Jimmy did here with Taylor, Madison and Surtain over the same stretch. No complaints here.

Ferretsquig said:
I did....not too shabby. For all the Jet's fans continual bitching about Parcells he did all right. No first rounders for two years straight and he manages to get Farrior, Ferguson, Ward, Fabini, and Randy Thomas. Thats what, one pro-bowler a year? Thats about what Jimmy did here with Taylor, Madison and Surtain over the same stretch. No complaints here.

Not one of those guys made a PB w/ the Jets and the only one who has made one is farrior. He got farrior AFTER trading down from the #1 pick and farrior w/ us wasn't the Farrior that has been in Pitt, freg was a good pick, Dedric Ward was noting more than a #3, fabini a solid RT, Thomas a good Guard but you failed to mention:

Rick Terry, terry Day, Lamont Burns, Raymond Austin, Tim Scharf, Chuck Clements, Steve Rosga, Dorian Boose, Scott frost, Casey Dailey, Doug Karczewski, Blake Spence, Eric bateman, Eric Ogbogu, Chris Brazzell,Dustin Johnson, Lawrence Hart, David loverne, jason Wiltz, Jermaine Jones, Marc megna, JJ Syrud.

Thomas made it in '03. I didn't know Fabini never did....he was a good player for a while. He certainly missed a lot, but then again so did Jimmy. JJ just always manged to get a starter in the late rounds. Anyways the point remains. Butch had very high selections and what he had to pay those guys vs what he got out of them.....it had a serious impact on that team. If he had hit right just once a year like Parcells did he may still have a job.

Ferretsquig said:
Thomas made it in '03. I didn't know Fabini never did....he was a good player for a while. He certainly missed a lot, but then again so did Jimmy. JJ just always manged to get a starter in the late rounds. Anyways the point remains. Butch had very high selections and what he had to pay those guys vs what he got out of them.....it had a serious impact on that team. If he had hit right just once a year like Parcells did he may still have a job.

He wasn't a Jet in 2003 and he did not make it in 2003, he was a THIRD alternate.

http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=321

Butch hit more than once per year:

'01 Gerard Warren, Quincy Morgan, Anthony Henry
'02 William Green, Andre Davis
'03 Jeff faine
'04 Kellen Winslow, Sean Jones

Ok man...I can see you shall believe whatever it is you have convinced yourself....Butch is a fantastic talent evaluator and he'll be the next head coach/GM of the Cowboys. Enjoy the fantasy till it ends I guess.

Anyways if the UNC rumors are true hes here for the next five years at a cool 2 mil per. Its going to take a couple years...the O and DLines are a mess, but hopefully he can glue something together and get a watchable product on the field. UNC is going to have a hell of a lot of skill position talent next year....he needs to find an OCoordinater that knows how to utilize it.

Ok man...I can see you shall believe whatever it is you have convinced yourself....Butch is a fantastic talent evaluator and he'll be the next head coach/GM of the Cowboys. Enjoy the fantasy till it ends I guess.

Accept the fact I have proven your notions wrong, don't be condescending towards me- I always treat you w/ respect and I expect the same in return. I never said butch was great, is said his drafts were not bad and they weren't. he did a decent job in Cle, things soured in '04 for whatever reason. he began to lose the team and they made a chang but pre-Butch and post-Butch the Browns have been a disaster while they were at least competitive(and even a playoff team 1 year) under Butch.

I also said he won't be a GM w/ his next job in the NFL(if he got another chance) so his tarck record as a GM is irrelevent. If he ever gets another job it will be w/ a GM in place where he can just concentrate on coaching.

As for UNC, they have talent. there's no way this tem should be as bad as they are this year. They'll be competitive from the start under Butch and hopefully in a few years after a few of his classes they can compete for ACC Titles.

UF Fin Kat said:
there's no reason for that.

especially after I proved all his theories wrong. I just lost a ton of respect for him, insteasd of countering my opinion he takes the low blow but that happens alot of times when people know they are wrong.

By the way ferret: I never said warren was a great player nor did I say he livd up to draft position BUT he was a solid starter in Cle and has continued that in Den. He drafted alot of quality starters and he had them in the playoffs in year 2. he had some bad luck w/ injuries and w/ the QB he was left w/ but overall he did a decent job.

No need for that? I thought I was being gentle. This guy insults my intellegence and preens his ego and I'm not allowed to repond?

Man I sure hope you aren't a UNC alum. That would be depressing.

Ferretsquig said:
No need for that? I thought I was being gentle. This guy insults my intellegence and preens his ego and I'm not allowed to repond?

Man I sure hope you aren't a UNC alum. That would be depressing.

Where did I insult your intelligence? You are a very fragile person to go off like this during this discussion. As I posted yesterday I have always treated you w/ respect and in this thread you started to act like a 12 year old who didn't get their way. I proved what you said was wrong(remember the parcells drafted a PB player a year? and NONE of those guys were PBers) and you cannot accept that. I'm fine w/ that but at least come back at me w/ some info to back up your argument but instead you resorted to silly put downs and you continue to do so today for some reason and now you are saying I insulted your intelligence. please show me where? All I did was refute statements you made and I backed it up w/ facts.

Why the hell does it say on the front page of this forum that this thread was started by 'ferretsquig' :confused:

Apparently it's a done deal, Butch davis will be the next HC at UNC.

Back
Top Bottom