UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread

Looks like they shot the ball pretty well from 3pt range and pretty much over all. I think NC will go pretty far next year watch out you guys will be ACC killers.

byroan said:
Missed FT's in the first half and bad defense in the second cost us. Oh well, we rarely win the ACC tourney anyways. It would have been nice though. My power went out in the first half here and I had to listen to the rest of the game on the radio. Been a pretty horrible afternoon. :lol:

BC won b/c they shot lights out but putting that aside 3 sequences won that game for BC. The long 3 to end the first half for BC, the inexcusable layup by BC when they had the ball out of bounds w/ 2 secs on the shot clock then 3 Heels were down low w/ 1 BC player and we must have missed at least 4 shots/dunks in that sequence.

I think we'll be a 3 when the pairings are announced today, hopefully we aren't in UConn's bracket.

They got the three as expected.....Mich St. will be a tough matchup in the second round.

Ferretsquig said:
They got the three as expected.....Mich St. will be a tough matchup in the second round.

I have no problem w/ a 3 seed but it's insane that UT loses 4 of 6 and gets the 2 seed and Greensboro over us. I am very confident if we get by MSU(they REALLY worry me) we'll beat UT but it's a joke they got the easier draw and Greensboro over us.

As for the ACC Title game, isn't it interesteing how UNC gopes to the line for 16 FTA's and duke gets 30 against the same BC team which all they do is hack?

They have to turn it into a running game. Roy needs to get that famous secondary break back into motion....get Terry, Noel, Wes, and co. the open looks from 3 land. I really think if Carolina can force a team to play its up-tempo way they have the depth to beat anyone. As a side note....incredible how you are a thin team one year....lose your top 7 players, then become one of the deepest teams in the ncaa the next year. Roy is a great coach.

nyjunc said:
I have no problem w/ a 3 seed but it's insane that UT loses 4 of 6 and gets the 2 seed and Greensboro over us. I am very confident if we get by MSU(they REALLY worry me) we'll beat UT but it's a joke they got the easier draw and Greensboro over us.
It sucks that we don't get to play in Greensboro. I was looking forward to going to the games. I went last year when they played in Charlotte. It was great.

MSU is a tough team. Their problem is playing good defense. It wouldn't surprise me to see GM upset them.

Look at these predictions. It's amazing they have us in the FF.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ja-washpicks031306

Here's another article:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]North Carolina: As a No. 3 seed, the Tar Heels earned the right not to be the visiting team in an early round game. But as it turns out, North Carolina earned bupkis. The Tar Heels were sent to Dayton, a manageable flight from North Carolina, so it's not so bad on the surface. Unfortunately, the selection committee didn't look beneath the surface. If the tournament unfolds as expected, UNC would meet Michigan State in the second round in Dayton. Any idea how far Michigan State is from Dayton? Less than four hours, and not by plane. By car. Get mad, UNC. I got your back on this one.[/FONT]

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9303466

I wouldnt say its probable....but certainly not impossible. Both UT and UConn have big time question marks. I would love to see UConn get beat down by a team like Carolina.

byroan said:
MSU is a tough team. Their problem is playing good defense. It wouldn't surprise me to see GM upset them.

:D

They played like crap, especially on defense......lucky to get out of the first round. But UT and UConn looked pretty bad as well.....Carolina has a real shot to make it to the elite eight, and if things fall their way, the final four.

Hansbrough saved your bacon. Again. Man, that kid's good. I don't like the fact that Chad Ford's down on him. If Hansbrough is legitimately smaller than his advertised 6'9, 225# frame, then so be it. But the guy works his butt off on the glass, he's got a refined face-the-basket game AND a quality back-to-the-basket game, he's got excellent hands, a decent handle for a big, runs the floor well, plays quality defense on the perimeter and in the post...where's the problem? At worst, he's Corliss Williamson with better defense.

I like the kid, and I think he should consider jumping to the pros. And I'm not just saying that because I hate Carolina (as usual, Syracuse's exit brings out my inner Blue Devil). Think about it: how many draft-eligible bigs would you DEFINITELY take over Hansbrough right now? LaMarcus Aldridge and Shelden Williams. If you want to throw the Euro, Andrea Bargianni in there, that's fine. That's three guys. Chad's got Tyrus Thomas ahead of him, and compared Thomas to (I kid you not) "a more energetic Stromile Swift". Isn't that like saying "a thinner David Wells" or "a less crazy Ron Artest"? Not exactly high praise there. I'll take a guy who will be, at worst, a quality sixth man, thanks.

In any event, this is a horrible draft for big men. Just abysmal. Hansbrough's game is already remarkably refined, and if the concern is that he's not tall enough...well, he's probably not going to grow more anyway. Why not strike while the iron is hot?

phunwin said:
Hansbrough saved your bacon. Again. Man, that kid's good. I don't like the fact that Chad Ford's down on him. If Hansbrough is legitimately smaller than his advertised 6'9, 225# frame, then so be it. But the guy works his butt off on the glass, he's got a refined face-the-basket game AND a quality back-to-the-basket game, he's got excellent hands, a decent handle for a big, runs the floor well, plays quality defense on the perimeter and in the post...where's the problem? At worst, he's Corliss Williamson with better defense.

I like the kid, and I think he should consider jumping to the pros. And I'm not just saying that because I hate Carolina (as usual, Syracuse's exit brings out my inner Blue Devil). Think about it: how many draft-eligible bigs would you DEFINITELY take over Hansbrough right now? LaMarcus Aldridge and Shelden Williams. If you want to throw the Euro, Andrea Bargianni in there, that's fine. That's three guys. Chad's got Tyrus Thomas ahead of him, and compared Thomas to (I kid you not) "a more energetic Stromile Swift". Isn't that like saying "a thinner David Wells" or "a less crazy Ron Artest"? Not exactly high praise there. I'll take a guy who will be, at worst, a quality sixth man, thanks.

In any event, this is a horrible draft for big men. Just abysmal. Hansbrough's game is already remarkably refined, and if the concern is that he's not tall enough...well, he's probably not going to grow more anyway. Why not strike while the iron is hot?

I wouldn't be shocked if he left but I think another year will do him well, by the way rumors are that Josh McRoberts(McShav) will delcare for the draft.

Back
Top Bottom