UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread

nyjunc said:
I wouldn't be shocked if he left but I think another year will do him well, by the way rumors are that Josh McRoberts(McShav) will delcare for the draft.

McRoberts?!? Terrible move if he does.

If Hansbrough measures a legit 6'9, I'd pick him no later than 8th in this year's draft. I can't get over how bad a draft for bigs this is. Shelden Williams will probably go in the top 5 when he's probably just a slightly more skilled version of Kurt Thomas.

culpepper2chambers said:
scary at the end for us UNC fans.

It was pretty much scary all the way through, Murray State was relentless on the offensive boards and that was the sole reason it was a game. UNC wasn't great but they didn't play that badly they just didn't have the usual energy this team has had. Hopefully they bring that on Sunday.

phunwin said:
Hansbrough saved your bacon. Again. Man, that kid's good. I don't like the fact that Chad Ford's down on him. If Hansbrough is legitimately smaller than his advertised 6'9, 225# frame, then so be it. But the guy works his butt off on the glass, he's got a refined face-the-basket game AND a quality back-to-the-basket game, he's got excellent hands, a decent handle for a big, runs the floor well, plays quality defense on the perimeter and in the post...where's the problem? At worst, he's Corliss Williamson with better defense.

I dont know who you have been watching, but Tyler doesnt have a refined face or back to the basket game. He has power and footwork....gets in great position and finds ways to finish. He doesnt have any post moves, and his only face to the basket move is a pump fake and drive to the right.

The problem is most of what he excells at will the nullified in the NBA. He needs to develope a jumper and a face to the basket game. I'm sure hes smart enough to know that hes not close to being ready, the question is whether the NBA scouts know it. It only takes one idiot.....and I think we have figured out there are always those willing to take flyers on the likes of Telfair, Kwame, Diop etc... who 90% of the people in the world can tell arent ready. If some team promises him a top 5 selection I couldnt blame him for going. Just like Marvin last year.....everyone who had seen him play knew he wouldnt do anything in the NBA for at least a couple years, but he knew hes was going in the top 5....just cant pass up money like that.

Ah well tough loss. Noel played his heart out....wish the best for him. At least we can probably put all this Tyler to the NBA talk to rest. Its going to be a fantastic season next year. Tyler dominating the post, Wright blocking shots...Ellington, Terry, Frasor, Wes, and Green knocking down the threes, and Lawson dishing it out. This trio coming in is even better than the May, McCants, Felton combo...and they actually have a real coach. Look out. :D

We got absolutely screwed today. FOUR FTs???? That's a joke, Tyler had 4 fouls(all touch fouls) and while he was getting mugged all day they did not call 1 on the GM players guarding him. It was atrocious out ther and dampens what was a great year. It's a horrible way to lose, I felt we were outplayed the other night and MSU deserved it if they beat us but GM did not deserve this win, they were given the duke treatment. We were treated like the mid-major and GM was trated like basketball royalty today and I don't want an advnatge I just want a fair and consistent game called.

Next year we'll be cutting down the nets and winning it all but that's a long way away.

GOOD LOSS TODAY YOU GUYS!

HAHAHAHAHAH

we beat you guys twice IN the STATE of NORTH CAROLINA and you still got a 3 while we got a 4. BULL**** that WAS.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

you guys got what you deserved.

death7star said:

HAHAHAHAHAH

we beat you guys twice IN the STATE of NORTH CAROLINA and you still got a 3 while we got a 4. BULL**** that WAS.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Your days of beating us are over, enjoy it now b/c our 2nd team could easily win the ACC next year and be a top 5-10 tam. I can't wait to demolish the BC thugs and sweep duke.

I'm pulling for the Blue Devils, but as you can see from my sig, my #1 team gives me exactly ZERO bragging rights in this tournament. So, I'll just say that's a tough loss for you guys rather than come into your thread and be a dick.

Honestly, I didn't even think UNC played that badly in the second half, it just seemed like Mason shot the lights out. When 5 guys get hot at once, there's not a lot to be done.

death7star said:

HAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

You can keep your trolling out of this thread. Thank you.

Ducken said:
:sidelol: Whoops sorry about the loss today guys. Better luck next time. :sidelol:

:sidelol: At least we won last year. Better luck next time. :sidelol:

Big game JJ comes through aagin, can we PLEASE put to rest the idea that he was a great player? This was an annual occurrecne from '03 to '06.

By the way, in 5 of the 7 seasons of this decade duke has lost in the Sweet 16(4 times as a 1 seed) but something tells me the media will ignore this.

Is Tyler going to go pro?
(from draft express)

Sources tell us that Hansbrough is exploring his NBA draft stock to find out where he stands and how much he has to lose by coming back next year to a loaded UNC team with less shots and production, openly wondering how much higher his stock can get after an outstanding freshman season.

I hope he stays. He still has a lot to learn.

Ferretsquig said:
Is Tyler going to go pro?
(from draft express)

It is definitely expected that he and Roy would explore his draft stock but I still expect him back. He might get less touches next year but that doesn't mean he won't have a better year. He'll look alot better when teams can't double and triple him and he can work on his post moves and his jumper which he'll need at the next level.

Back
Top Bottom