Under 20 World Cup thread (soccer) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Under 20 World Cup thread (soccer)

Disgusting job by the refs in this game, yellow cards for everything, result to a US red card on Wallace, which led to a free kick for Austria and they scored on it, 2-1 Austria with the last 15mins of extra time left to play. Not looking good.

The refs have sucked for everyone in this tourney, though that second yellow card (didn't see the first one) was well deserved.

Well, the run is over. USA eliminated. Final: Austria 2 USA 1

Atleast Altidore and Adu looked great and promising for our future.

Well.. I'm still proud of what these guys did. The win against Brazil and that comeback win against Uruguay was good. I think for much of the match the US just didn't have the legs after the overtime win against Uruguay. The kinds of errors made were a bit untypical.

In any case, it's clear now that Adu has all the skills to be a very good player. He needs to play A-mid though, and I think one reason he hasn't done well in MLS is because he's always had defensive duties (which he's terrible at) and they put him out of position.

Otherwise, though Altidore isn't great or so, he's probably ready for the full Nats. I mean the big weakness of the US full men's team is at forward, and the EJ experiment hasn't really gone as planned. Altidore right now can't be worse than Twellman for example, so I say call him up as soon as possible so we can see if we finally have a decent foward. I mean in the history of US men's soccer we've had what? 2 decent forwards? Wynalda and McBride, and that's it!!

Otherwise, a few names that stood out were Zizzo, Seitz, Sturgis and Szetela. Which will pan out and which won't who knows...

Unfortunate. This win would've guaranteed us two more games. Tough break for the guys. Adu and Altidore look promising though. I think Zizzo might pan out as well.

WOW

Chile goes into extra time 0-0 then wins 4-0

Yes Canada sucked in this tourney. The only somewhat saving grace is 2 teams in their group made the semi's

Ines Sainz > you

:lol:

Who??

And by the way this U-20 WC team brought me a lot of hope for the future.

Adu, Altidore, Seitz, Zizzo, Szetela, Sturgis looked good...AND I am looking forward to seeing how Gabriel Ferrari pans out. American born, Italian descent. He unlike Giussepe Rossi decided to play for USA if he can. He plays for Sampadoria in Italy.

There's also a good future on our side, at least 6 players with great potential without counting Vela or Gio. Heck one of the guys I believe has an offer on the table from Arsenal (though it's probably the same deal Vela got where they would send him to Salamanca)

Back
Top Bottom