Undrafted free agent updates | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undrafted free agent updates

I think I'm the only one who thinks Nate Allen can hold down the safety job until McDonald is cleared to play. I'm not saying he's a stud but he's an experienced vet that started the final 4 games for the Raiders last season. Again he might not be a stud but he should be better than a 7th round draft pick or udfa.

Last edited by a moderator:
following the conclusion of the draft on saturday night, seven michigan players reportedly signed with teams as undrafted free agents. The group includes offensive linemen erik magnuson (san francisco 49ers) and kyle kalis (washington redskins), defensive tackle matt godin (houston texans), safety dymonte thomas (denver broncos), cornerback channing stribling (cleveland browns), punter kenny allen (baltimore ravens) and running back de'veon smith (miami dolphins).

That left only offensive lineman ben braden among former michigan players who had a chance to be drafted that hadn't reportedly signed as a free agent, as of 9 p.m. Saturday.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/04/seven_former_michigan_players.html

get him

I agree, time for Stephen Ross to make a phone call or two. Best FAs so far imo are Eric Smith and Praise Martin-Oguike. I think that Oguike started out as a LB, I'm curious to see if he can play the SAM or if he'll be an undersized DE like Charles Harris. Braden- just move him to OG and see what he can do. He was a darned good hockey player, just a very good athlete.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/04/michigan_rt_ben_braden_goes_fr_1.html

I agree jim, also think allen can make it as well, I like him better then hull, think he will be a good special team player and a good back up to start

Very happy with Chase Allen. He's a very good athlete and seems to know how to play.

Linebacking corps: Alonso, Timmons, McMillan, Hewitt, Misi, Allen, Hull.

Ben Braden was very high on my wish list, though. He could have a very nice opportunity in a Miami.

Wow. Can anyone out there explain why this guy wasn't drafted?

Probably small school stigma...comp, etc.

I said the same thing last year with Akil Blount...

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Very happy with Chase Allen. He's a very good athlete and seems to know how to play.

Linebacking corps: Alonso, Timmons, McMillan, Hewitt, Misi, Allen, Hull.

Ben Braden was very high on my wish list, though. He could have a very nice opportunity in a Miami.

Allen looks like he can get up in that mix. One year on the practice squad...come on up.

I didn't see the full list anywhere on FH, so here it is:
Dolphins
Malcolm Lewis/WR/Miami
Drew Morgan/WR/Arkansas
Cameron Malveaux/DE/Houston
Torry McTyer/CB/UNLV
Matthew Haack/P/
Maurice Smith/CB/Georgia
Larry Hope/CB/Akron
Eric Smith/OT/Virginia
Praise Martin-Oguike/DE/Temple
Francis Owusu/WR/Stanford
De’Veon Smith/RB/Michigan
Damore’ea Stringfellow/WR/Ole Miss
Joby Saint Fleur/DE/Northwestern Oklahoma State
Chase Allen/LB/Southern Illinois

Anyone know anything about Walker, the dt from Oklahoma?

ok just based on names I am rooting for joby saint fleur and praise martain-oguike to make the team or practice squad

Smith is an RB thatif he makes the team is going to be incredibly frustrating. He is a h
Great blocker and insany hard to bring down, but he's insanely slow and has poor vision for a runner. So if he mKes the team its to br a short yardage back

You would think there would be more free agent safeties and guards plus linebackers on this list.

Anyone know anything about Walker, the dt from Oklahoma?

Don't know if he's signed anywhere yet, but on the field he was one of my top 5 DT talents in the draft.

The problems for Walker off the field are what scared teams away. His coaches at Oklahoma probably feel like he quit on the team after suffering a concussion last season. He chose to begin preparing for the draft instead of coming back to finish the season.

Furthermore, he was diagnosed with clinical depression. I think that was the big one for him.

He has a small child that he must provide for so I don't fault the kid for entering the draft early and choosing to prepare rather than go back and finish a few games left on Oklahoma's schedule. Hopefully for his sake a team will be willing to give him a chance. He's talented.

This might be helpful if accurate:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/undrafted-free-agents/

has some info but seems very incomplete. We'll see as it's updated.

Also heard Miami signed Francis Owusu from Stanford. Big, fast and raw receiver. If I remember correctly he's a bout 6'2 225 pounds and runs sub 4.4.

THis is a better list:
http://walterfootball.com/draft/UDFASigningsByTeam

"Stanford Pro day: While Stanford’s superstars certainly were the big story in Palo Alto, wide receiver Francis Owusu enjoyed the type of workout that will force scouts to take a closer look. The 6-2, 223-pound wideout was reportedly clocked as fast as 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash and recorded a 39-inch vertical jump. Owusu, the younger brother of former Stanford and NFL receiver Chris Owusu, caught just 34 passes for 482 yards and three touchdowns over his career. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com "

4.38 seconds at 223 lbs is pretty damn good even if it's at a Pro Day and not an official Combine number.

Back
Top Bottom