Universal Draft Mock Draft by CK (1st of 3) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Universal Draft Mock Draft by CK (1st of 3)

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. If you know me at all, you know I'm not particularly in love with the concept of a mock draft as the measurement of whether a person knows draft prospects. Mel Kiper is pretty awful at setting up a mock draft but he does a lot of research and knows a ton about draft prospects. But, they do have their place in the entertainment world.

So for anyone that may have been interested, here it is. If you're not interested, no big deal.

http://www.universaldraft.com/2010-mock-draft/cks-mock-draft-v1-0/

Just a quick note, this will be the first of three mock drafts I do for Universal Draft. I allow myself as many as three iterations because this pre-draft process of Combines and Pro Days and intrigue is very long and carries new pieces of information on the wind every day, and yet the emphasis is on getting one out as early as you can because that's what readers generally want. I keep myself to only three where I've seen others have about 10 different updates, because I don't want to end up being in position where I can technically claim to have been right about everything, at one time or another, simply by virtue of having covered all possibilities. That's a little disingenuous.

Enjoy.

I would be happy with Graham. the guy fits virtually every criteria the Trifecta look for and yes, OLB is the biggest need on the team.

The only way I see Graham being our pick is if Sergio Kindle or JPP are both gone. Even so though, one of Rolando McClain, Eric Berry and Earl Thomas should be available and would also be our pick.

I put our chances of selecting Graham as VERY slim. I think people need to get over this Brandon Graham fetish right now. He's just not a Top 15 pick and I think our FO knows that.

Good mock. I could see Cleveland going elsewhere because they'll have another Clemson RB, James Davis, coming back next year. I really like that guy. I also think that Bulaga would be a great pick for Buffalo at #9. As for the Dolphins, if Denver wants Dan Williams I'd love to see us trade up with them and take Dez Bryant. If not that then maybe swap with the Raiders at #8 (would love to dump Ginn on them but they have DHB, et al- money tied up at WR) or maybe send Ginn home to Cleveland for a swap and their #7. If not Bryant for us then I'm hoping for Benn in the 2nd. For the life of me I cannot shake the idea of Sean Lee in the 3rd and Mike Williams in the 4th.

I don't want any part of JPP or Kindle at 12th overall, I can barely see them behind their immense question marks

I put our chances of selecting Graham as VERY slim. I think people need to get over this Brandon Graham fetish right now. He's just not a Top 15 pick and I think our FO knows that

But you have JPP as our pick in your mock? You have a guy who learned from Jake Long, one of the best LT's in football and played insane at the senior bowl and has improved every year and played on a horrific Michigan defense.

Then you have JPP a very athletic player who had ONE year of division 1 college exp. JPP is a project pick, and a man you draft on potential.

Don't see how JPP is a top 15 pick if Brandon Graham isnt.

Love the Graham pick, but really cant see the Browns going RB that early after the success Harrison had at the end of last season.

Love the Graham pick, but really cant see the Browns going RB that early after the success Harrison had at the end of last season.

Great point, I forgot about him. As I mentioned I like James Davis, too.

Do you really think Ireland will look past Graham's short arms and 6'1" height?
Lots of people think he's best suited for a 4-3 D.

Based off his play I'd be happy...but his measurables leave much to be desired. I know, I know...they said the same thing about Zach Thomas. But he was a 5th round pick.

So much criticism of arm length...for a guy that is going to be a stand up linebacker. I don't get that. I know it's important but people have to realize it's much more important for a D-End than it is an OLB in a 3-4.

And when it comes to "measurables" I think the thing that is being ignored is what he'll test out at the Combine when they put a stopwatch on him.

Remember, he is easily as much a "freak" as Everson Griffen. Easily. I think he was a higher recruit. He ran a 4.43 at 240 lbs back in high school...we're talking about a 17 year old running Patrick Willis numbers at Patrick Willis size.

So much criticism of arm length...for a guy that is going to be a stand up linebacker. I don't get that. I know it's important but people have to realize it's much more important for a D-End than it is an OLB in a 3-4.

And when it comes to "measurables" I think the thing that is being ignored is what he'll test out at the Combine when they put a stopwatch on him.

Remember, he is easily as much a "freak" as Everson Griffen. Easily. I think he was a higher recruit. He ran a 4.43 at 240 lbs back in high school...we're talking about a 17 year old running Patrick Willis numbers at Patrick Willis size.

I don't put too much into things like height and arm length, but I know FO types do. To me a player is a player if he's smart and hustles 'til the whistle. And I've seen and heard many things from Graham that makes me think he'll be a player.

I would be more than happy to have BG with the 12th pick. Thanks for the info CK. Hope you are right.

BTW... I'm not sold on Griffen. Those guys who only show anything their last year and are physical "freaks" just scare me.

But you have JPP as our pick in your mock? You have a guy who learned from Jake Long, one of the best LT's in football and played insane at the senior bowl and has improved every year and played on a horrific Michigan defense.

Then you have JPP a very athletic player who had ONE year of division 1 college exp. JPP is a project pick, and a man you draft on potential.

Agree with this immensely:up:

I'm not for taking JPP at #12, but I thought that this was an interesting show of athleticism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-1e6Faglw

Good work CK. No Spikes at all in the 1st round! I personally see us trying like hell to trade out of our slot unless someone like Bryant or Berry fall.

Whether or not we sign Dansby could influence our pick tremendously. I'll be watching that situation closely...

Back
Top Bottom