Universal Draft Mock Draft by CK (1st of 3) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Universal Draft Mock Draft by CK (1st of 3)

I cant see the Browns spending a high pick on running back either. Not with James Davis and Harrison. If they go offense, I see Dez Bryant, not Spiller.

It's up for debate and I basically decided between Bryant and Spiller for that pick but the bottom line for me is they added Massaquoi and Robiskie in the 2nd round, they're going to want to really ramp up Josh Cribbs' value as a player because of what he can do with the ball in his hands, they acquired Chansi Stuckey in the Braylon Edwards trade and they have a Greg Camarillo guy in Mike Furrey.

James Davis took all of 29 snaps in 2009. How anyone can figure him into the mix as far as a reason to not take a guy in the draft, I'm not sure. Jerome Harrison did pretty well but he was behind an offensive line that has a lot of talent and I felt like he was just a mediocre guy carrying the ball, not someone that the defense will have to constantly worry about like I believe C.J. Spiller could end up.

We'll see how it goes. I try to go on Mike Holmgren's history. He does seem to value the RB position as one of his core positions he likes to build on a winner, along with QB and LT. I'm not sure he views the WR position the same way...he may think he can get away with the current guys.

None of those wr's are game breakers. Thats why Id say Bryant there. James Davis was injured, was he not? that, and the Browns continued to trot out Jamal Lewis and his 0.9 yards per carry avg.

just read that miami has met with rodger saffold according to scout.com and that seattle has met with charles brown...

well then they must have met with saffold again at the combine cause scout.com is reporting they've met there

Hey guys. If you know me at all, you know I'm not particularly in love with the concept of a mock draft as the measurement of whether a person knows draft prospects. Mel Kiper is pretty awful at setting up a mock draft but he does a lot of research and knows a ton about draft prospects. But, they do have their place in the entertainment world.

So for anyone that may have been interested, here it is. If you're not interested, no big deal.

http://www.universaldraft.com/2010-mock-draft/cks-mock-draft-v1-0/

Just a quick note, this will be the first of three mock drafts I do for Universal Draft. I allow myself as many as three iterations because this pre-draft process of Combines and Pro Days and intrigue is very long and carries new pieces of information on the wind every day, and yet the emphasis is on getting one out as early as you can because that's what readers generally want. I keep myself to only three where I've seen others have about 10 different updates, because I don't want to end up being in position where I can technically claim to have been right about everything, at one time or another, simply by virtue of having covered all possibilities. That's a little disingenuous.

Enjoy.
I agree that mock drafts are a hit and miss proposition. There are so many variables that go into picking players that it is almost impossible to get much right after the 1st 5 picks.
I really like the Brandon Graham selection. I think we could plug him in at SOLB immediately. I know he is known for getting after the QB and may be projected as a WOLB, but I think with his size and being a former DE make him more suited to the strong side. Like Roth, his size will allow to set the edge. His natural strength and low center of gravity will make it very difficult for OLinemen to block him one on one. Don't now if he can drop in coverage, but we all know that there are many unknowns in the draft and all you can do is make an intelligent decision and hope it is correct.
The similarities between he and Lamarr Woodley are pretty evident. I'm not saying that there are as many questions surrounding Brandon, but that they are just similar players. I remember when Woodley came out there were alot of guys that were undecided on him saying he could be a boon or bust kind of player. But with Woodley going to the Steelers(I have always loved the Steelers evaluation process, getting players that fit their system and knowing how to use them), he was able to maximize his ability. JMHO.

I think they will definitely want a G/T in this draft. They will absolutely take one at some point. They will also take an athletic TE. You can bank on both of those.

Their conversation with Austen Lane at the Senior Bowl? Strictly about the possibility of him playing TE, if I've heard right.

Back
Top Bottom