Universal Draft Mock Draft by CK (1st of 3) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Universal Draft Mock Draft by CK (1st of 3)

slimm just told me dickson weighed in at 249 lbs...he's bigger than i thought...

i like dickson more than graham in the 3rd...a real seam buster...has good get off gets separation an athletic te...

also i'd like to hear some of ya'lls thoughts on which player you think fits miami better both with skill set and current need...

john jerry or rodger saffold...please explain

i've got jerry the more power player and run blocker and saffold the more effective pull player and athlete inside who can get to the 2nd level...plus saffold does have the possibility of playing left tackle in a pinch despite the small hands...unlike jerry who i think would make a solid right tackle if need be but doesn't offer any left tackle versatility...

I think that Saffold could play RT easily. That might be where I would want to plug him first because he's that valuable a player. Jerry obviously has the size advantage and power. Saffold is a much superior pass protector. I'll try and do a work up on them, my queue is pretty big though.

also i'd like to hear some of ya'lls thoughts on which player you think fits miami better both with skill set and current need...

john jerry or rodger saffold...please explain

i've got jerry the more power player and run blocker and saffold the more effective pull player and athlete inside who can get to the 2nd level...plus saffold does have the possibility of playing left tackle in a pinch despite the small hands...unlike jerry who i think would make a solid right tackle if need be but doesn't offer any left tackle versatility...

Jerry can bang people, but he handle moving well is my question. His footwork is my issue.

You might see this regime take athletic guys who need to get stronger over big guys who can't move.

Jerry can bang people, but he handle moving well is my question. His footwork is my issue.

You might see this regime take athletic guys who need to get stronger over big guys who can't move.

yeah...i can see them leaning that way

i actually think saffold may be the preferred player of the two...i wasn't aware of saffolds prior back issues...that's something to keep in mind for his value also...

I like saffold because of his pulling ability I think that will work much better in thre scheme that we run. Can also get out there for the screens that we really like to run. In my opinion I like Saffold better for us

If the Jets can acquire Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins and Brett Favre in one off season, in addition to paying Vernon Gholston #4 overall money, all with a salary cap in place...

...why couldn't Stephen Ross pony up for Karlos Dansby, Antonio Bryant and Anquan Boldin?

Then we could use the #12 and #43 picks on defensive help, maybe double up on the OLB position to make sure we've got some players there. Or maybe you do go ahead and grab an Earl Thomas (or Eric Berry?!?) at #12 and then get an OLB at #43 like a Jason Worilds. And if you can pick up a Rodger Saffold in the 4th round, then maybe an athletic Tight End project in the 6th round.

I like it CK, but I'd rather trade for Cliff Avril, and then use the 12 on Dan Williams and take Jason Worilds at 43.

The only way I see Graham being our pick is if Sergio Kindle or JPP are both gone.

If we take Kindle in the first round I'd be really disseminated. Production is underrated and take a look at Kindle's stats

The problem is he's shown SO much promise as a pass rusher, I would not want to give him up short of a 1st round draft pick...and that's a price that any team that hasn't already been coaching him would be nuts to pay.

LOL...thats a price that the team who has been coaching him would be nuts TO EVEN suggest.

Cam Wake for a first rounder...yeah, right.

I'll answer your question, whoever asked it. Cam Wake right now couldn't garner us a third round pick. He's only special to us, because he plays for us. No other team gives a rats *** about him. Hes not a "great pass rusher". This supposed "great potential" we keep hearing about has been non existent last season.

Maybe hes great this year. If he is, its a bonus for us. And then, maybe next year, he'll have some value. But there is no way before the trading deadline this year that anyone would offer anything for this guy.

He's what? 28 or 29? If he is going to do anything worthy, he better get hot. Its not like hes 23. His age would suggest that he is probably on the downside of his career, not the upswing.

So....anyone putting your futures market on the Cam Wake Stock better hope it pays off in a hurry.

If the Jets can acquire Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins and Brett Favre in one off season, in addition to paying Vernon Gholston #4 overall money, all with a salary cap in place...

...why couldn't Stephen Ross pony up for Karlos Dansby, Antonio Bryant and Anquan Boldin?

Then we could use the #12 and #43 picks on defensive help, maybe double up on the OLB position to make sure we've got some players there. Or maybe you do go ahead and grab an Earl Thomas (or Eric Berry?!?) at #12 and then get an OLB at #43 like a Jason Worilds. And if you can pick up a Rodger Saffold in the 4th round, then maybe an athletic Tight End project in the 6th round.

Didn't we draft supposed TE projects last year? Did those projects fail already?

Eric Berry at #12? You are kidding, right? Or is the "!?!?" routine getting played here so if he falls you can say, "see, I called it" and if it doesn't you can say, "Obviously, I was being facetious".

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL...thats a price that the team who has been coaching him would be nuts TO EVEN suggest.

I'll answer your question, whoever asked it. Cam Wake right now couldn't garner us a third round pick. He's only special to us, because he plays for us. No other team gives a rats *** about him. Hes not a "great pass rusher". This supposed "great potential" we keep hearing about has been non existent last season.

Maybe hes great this year. If he is, its a bonus for us. And then, maybe next year, he'll have some value. But there is no way before the trading deadline this year that anyone would offer anything for this guy.

He's what? 28 or 29? If he is going to do anything worthy, he better get hot. Its not like hes 23. His age would suggest that he is probably on the downside of his career, not the upswing.

So....anyone putting your futures market on the Cam Wake Stock better hope it pays off in a hurry.

He was the 4th highest rated pass rusher in the league last year - in terms of successes per snap.

Fail.

Hey CK, I just read it and I admit that I did not read all the post.

However I cannot see the Rams being so dumb(again) to not take a QB with the first pick. And I think I read into it that we took Graham at OLB because we picked up Dansby for our ILB.

Nobody gives a rats *** about him? Probably explains why so many teams tried to sign him last year. Non existant last year? Probably explains why everytime he was on the field he was in the backfield pressuring the QB. 7 sacks, 6 QB hits, and 20 QB pressures in only 167 snaps... Nobody said anything about what his value is, or that somebody will be offering a 1st rounder for him. He said he's shown too much potential to accept anything less than a 1st, which nobody is going to pay...

Back
Top Bottom