Universal Draft Mock Draft by CK (1st of 3) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Universal Draft Mock Draft by CK (1st of 3)

The only way I see Graham being our pick is if Sergio Kindle or JPP are both gone. Even so though, one of Rolando McClain, Eric Berry and Earl Thomas should be available and would also be our pick.

I put our chances of selecting Graham as VERY slim. I think people need to get over this Brandon Graham fetish right now. He's just not a Top 15 pick and I think our FO knows that.
i agree the way his stock is rising it reminds me of vernon gholston a couple years ago. i am not saying graham is going to suck i am just saying his stock is rising like Vernons did a couple years ago.

That's a good observation A&O.....I was actually just going to ask where Spikes was in this one...

This was intentionally done as a pre-Combine mock. Some things I feel like I know for sure what will happen at the Combine, some things I really don't. The reports that Spikes could have trouble cracking a 5.0 at the Combine have me disturbed, because he played a lot in close quarters in college and so there's not much opportunity to see him try and go sideline to sideline, and so if speed is that much a weakness he's a two down guy at the NFL level unless he can transition to the outside as a pass rusher which I think he actually might be able to do but I wouldn't want to take him with a first rounder on that gamble.

I could actually see the Saints going with Lamarr Houston there instead of Wootton....especially after he gets done shredding this combine...

So you like Charles Brown as much as I do, huh....lol

You like Charles Brown? Simon talked him up to me a while ago so I took a look at him while I was going through all that USC tape on Griffen. Great player. Good body. Long arms.

Yes I've always liked Charles Brown...I've always felt like he was the best "pure" left tackle prospect in this class...basically all season...and I was never 100% convinced that Okung should be higher than him.......until recently....

I think he's the ideal left tackle for a ZBS....I like him almost as much as I liked Clady coming out....not quite...but almost...

To be honest...Brown has never at any point been below the #2 OT on my board.....I just thought it was interesting that you have Pete Carroll snagging him for the Seahawks....I think it's got a 90% chance of happening...

It made sense to me.

What didn't make sense is for Pete to try and bring aboard one of his players that has been a disappointment for him at USC. Everson Griffen and Taylor Mays never delivered on their promises. Even Griffen having a hell of a run in his junior year for a time, got a toe injury and struggled for the rest of the year, and then hurt an ankle in his bowl game.

I think rather Carroll would want to bring aboard a guy he knows has pro ability and pro potential, and who outperformed while at USC. That to me is Charles Brown.

What do you think are the chances that Pete finally reels in young Clausen?

Yeah it makes perfect sense to me....Seahawks need a left tackle...and I don't think they can go wrong with Brown...

The only reason I think it has a 10% chance of not happening is in the case they decide to go with one of the QB's....or an "elite" player slips through the cracks....

Yes that's the way I see it....and with precisely the two players you've forcasted here...

I just think that IF an "elite" player were to slip through the cracks and make it to them at #6 (i.e. McCoy, Suh etc....or possibly even Berry) they would grab him....and still grab either Brown or Clausen at #14...whoever was on the board.....but it all just has such a small chance of happening...

If Okung fell to them I could see them grabbing him a #6...and Clausen at #14 if he were to fall...etc...

But given the board fell the way it did in your particular mock draft....I would absolutely think that Pete Carroll nabs those two guys you have going to them where they are...

i saw where daniel jeremiah said that charles brown is a hot name among nfl people right now...

good player best fit is a zbs imo...

bulaga came in with over 33 inch arms...that's all i needed to hear...may not have quite the upside of some of these other tackles but i don't see any bust potential with him...i think he's gonna be a darn good pro...

Back
Top Bottom