Universaldraft.com's Updated Mock Draft 4/4/09 - 2 Rounds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Universaldraft.com's Updated Mock Draft 4/4/09 - 2 Rounds

No way we pass on Maulauga if he's available at 25. NO WAY! This defense needs that big hitter and Rey fits that mold perfectly. If we're picking a corner with the 25th pick it would be Darius Butler or Vontae Davis, both of which probably won't be available come 25. Kruger and Scott in the 2nd are reaches.....

No way we pass on Maulauga if he's available at 25. NO WAY! This defense needs that big hitter and Rey fits that mold perfectly. If we're picking a corner with the 25th pick it would be Darius Butler or Vontae Davis, both of which probably won't be available come 25. Kruger and Scott in the 2nd are reaches.....

We've met Kruger I believe twice, same as Smith.......and Dorrell Scott...........let's just say we may be interested. :wink:

Smith over Vontae, M.Johnson and Ray? Will the Tuna co CB?
Kruger over Sintim or English? Whats his upside Con?
Scott over Robiskie or Iglesias? When we already have 3 players for that lone spot? (Fergie, Soliai, Mcdaniel)
Thanx Con

I think as much as Sean Smith could be the pick, Donald Thomas' boy Darius Butler could also be picked by Miami. I also have to disagree with Krueger I think a guy like Cody Brown or Clint Sintim have much better chances of coming to Miami.

I think as much as Sean Smith could be the pick, Donald Thomas' boy Darius Butler could also be picked by Miami. I also have to disagree with Krueger I think a guy like Cody Brown or Clint Sintim have much better chances of coming to Miami.

I wouldn't mind going Sean Smith at 25, then Butler at 44 if he was there! :up:

But I certainly wouldn't pick either over Maualuga. :crazy:

You know alot of people love Maualaga, but I think we have a very similiar player in Crowder. I rather us pick a guy like Frantz Joseph in the 3rd or 4th round.

Denver wouldn't pass on him at 18 either. They have Champ Bailey, just signed Goodman, and they take Jenkins over Maualuga? Don't think so.

Would be happy with the Miami picks, especially tthe Kruger pick. Something that stuck out for me was the Bolts taking Wells. I really can not see that happening considering they have Tomlinson and Sproules. If they are looking for a Michael Turner clone to complement Tomlinson then they would be better served going after Shonn Greene in the 3rd or Rashard Jennings in the 2nd (especially Jennings).

I think Tyson Jackson would be a better pickup for the Chargers with the departure of Olshansky and the need for a DE. A Tackle may also be an option if Oher was to drop.

Denver wouldn't pass on him at 18 either. They have Champ Bailey, just signed Goodman, and they take Jenkins over Maualuga? Don't think so.

And both corners are 31 or older. Why would they need a young corner. The Broncos signed Andra Davis to man the middle and currently have their best linebacker D. J. Williams playing strong outside backer. When they do draft their outside rush backer, where do they put D. J. Williams afterwards? Elvis Dumervil is the weal side backer.

Drafting Maualuga does nothing but create a log jam in the middle and neglects other areas that need help.

I wonder if we pick a guy who tackles like my grandmother. :lol:

He's really a guest against the run game, and that may override his feet and quickness. I think in our division, we need size more than bad tackling. Vontae davis may get looks, but word is his attitude leaves a bit to be desired.

I really like that draft, it makes sense. I think it may be a little early for Scott with the Fins 2nd pick in round 2. The problem is that this draft is weak on NT's. So do we reach and hope or go after the BPA.

Smith over Vontae, M.Johnson and Ray? Will the Tuna co CB?
Kruger over Sintim or English? Whats his upside Con?
Scott over Robiskie or Iglesias? When we already have 3 players for that lone spot? (Fergie, Soliai, Mcdaniel)
Thanx Con

Michael Johnson I am not a fan of, just because he has too much tape of him not playing like a first round talent. Rey I don't think is that great a player when compared to his teammates. He doesn't hit the right holes and is not going to replace Crowder on passing downs, so why draft him? We just resigned Crowder who plays the same position.

Ayodele is much more of a coverage linebacker from within the starting lineup. Crowder does more run stuffing than Ayodele, so why draft a guy who plays the same position we just resigned someone to play? Guys like Jason Williams and Marcus Freeman would fit more of the mold of a coverage linebacker, i.e. Kevin Burnett, who was not a full time starter to begin with.

Soliai may eventually learn to play, but this is year three and Tuna and Co. don't usually wait for a guy to develop this long - did they for Satele, did they let him get stronger? Or more refined?

Soliai was suspended (even though they were minor) twice lat season, so he may not have too much more time left. McDaniel was signed to play defensive end, but many think he will be a nose tackle. He could be, but I don't think BP and Co. have had a nose tackle that tal before.

I have some inside info on Scott, let's juts leave it at that (without giving up too much) - the team is interested in him.

Denver really needs front three players. If Raji takes a hit from these allegations they will snap him up in a heartbeat.

Denver really needs front three players. If Raji takes a hit from these allegations they will snap him up in a heartbeat.

I wonder though if there is any real truth to these though. The news has been refuted that anyone tested positive for banned substances at the Combine, that was on Sirius radio I believe.

Raji, is not a real true nose tackle though. He's almost more of a one gap penetrator than anything else.

http://www.universaldraft.com/B._J.html

Just watch his game, and see when he disappears as opposed to when he makes plays. He is not a quintessential nose tackle. The Broncos couls wait and try to get a guy like Dorrell Scott, (if the think he'll be there with their first choice in the third round) who'm we took, Terrance Taylor or Vance Walker is an option as well in the next two rounds or so.

Back
Top Bottom