(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavien Howard is a woman beating, assassination team sending...All Pro CB.

The Phins could care less about public perception if the player can flat out play.
If he were guilty, then he would probably have been out of a job, at least temporarily and on our team. As I understand it, the charges were dropped due to a lack of credible evidence. If the NFL didn't see it fit to reprimand him, the Phins certainly weren't going to. Wouldn't be a good look for the Phins to reprimand him if he was innocent in the eyes of the law. What would you expect them to do? :shrug:
Okay, we've veered enough, time to get back on topic. I've been complicit to this point...

Oh, that's it? Just don't affect the bottom line? Oh, I wasn't aware that this was all that mattered. So if one of your employees goes out and kills someone, he's still got a job with you? If you don't mind, before you answer, try to give it some thought Mr. Simple.
Not if he could still sell from prison... :wnkr:

This aged well.
*shrugs* oh well
I guess wherever he was doing was a big deal to coach Flores.

As people were saying the video indicated that the guy was not focused on football or ready to get help or work hard. Obviously the video wasn’t why he got cut but it gave us a peek that something was going on behind the scenes. Now he is cut and it has come out that he didn’t want help and all ready missed some stuff the Dolphins wanted him to do.
Eh, it is what it is.

Guess that would say a lot about a team if they didn't care about public perception. The NFL certainly does a lot to influence and protect their brand. There are many prime examples of this in recent times that we do not need to discuss but I think everyone can figure it out. The NFL has lost a noticeable amount of viewership over the past few years, so yes, public perception does matter. I'd say he's caused a decent amount of embarrassment to the team and himself. It's obviously it's not only in my eyes, plenty of people are talking about it here in our minuscule slice of society.
'public preception', you are part of the public, so to a certain degree you are correct.
I am part of the public too, and its not as important to me. So i am correct as well.

Sounds like missing multiple scheduled workouts and being hours late for scheduled physical in his first week with the team were the final straw. That whole dancing on top of his car is one thing, but doing that during or about the same time you're missing a scheduled workout is another.

Last edited:
Oh, that's it? Just don't affect the bottom line? Oh, I wasn't aware that this was all that mattered. So if one of your employees goes out and kills someone, he's still got a job with you? If you don't mind, before you answer, try to give it some thought Mr. Simple.
I am disengaging from you. I am not big on name calling.
To answer you post, you are stretching. If an employee committed murder, he or she will get arrested, charged and serve time. So that preson will no longer under my payroll. Not an employee of mind. So your point is invalid.

I'm talking about 3/20/21...

How many starting caliber RT's are there. Compare that tp what you do for a living and you'll see why you would walk a little more gingerly around your boss than a person like Wilson would.
There are several starting caliber RT’s in the draft and every team in the NFL already have starting caliber
RT’s on their roster. So Wilson, who is not a starting caliber RT because he obviously refuses to put in the work needed to be a player in the NFL will not be missed at all.
His spot will just be replaced with a player willing to put in the effort to play in the NFL. Which is no different than how it works everywhere else when a worker refuses to put in the work to get the job done and is replaced by someone who really wants the job and is willing to do what is necessary to get the job done.

Since I have been retired for the past 16 years, I don’t have to walk around anybody gingerly. Yet I worked in law enforcement for 30 years and rose up through the ranks by doing my job and not creating issues with those above or below me in rank.

You infer that Wilson didn’t have to walk as gingerly around his boss than I would have had to walk around mine. Yet the difference is I showed up to work, did my job and retired with a very nice pension after 30 years on the job. Wilson was drafted less than a year ago and yet two teams have already had enough of him and it appears he is probably going have a hard time getting another boss in the NFL to give him another opportunity to continue with his immature behavior. It does appear that Wilson did need to walk more gingerly around his bosses because now he is unemployed and like many former NFL players, he will likely be bankrupt within a few years.

If he were guilty, then he would probably have been out of a job, at least temporarily and on our team. As I understand it, the charges were dropped due to a lack of credible evidence. If the NFL didn't see it fit to reprimand him, the Phins certainly weren't going to. Wouldn't be a good look for the Phins to reprimand him if he was innocent in the eyes of the law. What would you expect them to do? :shrug:
Okay, we've veered enough, time to get back on topic. I've been complicit to this point...
Isn’t it funny how some people just automatically assume that someone is guilty even though they are not charged nor have they had a trial. Individuals who are quick to assign guilt based on accusations but without evidence are the same individuals who would be screaming about their own innocence if someone falsely accused them of a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom