[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night

By trouble, do you mean him wearing an offensive hat?

Good point, how stupid it is to be seen wearing a "Free Hernandez" hat.

Were they all out of 'I want a man like Putin" hats?

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I believe he should be able to go out and enjoy himself wherever and whenever he wants as long as he doesn't cause trouble (which it appears he didn't). it is possible for responsible adults to stay out late and have no problems at all. it's the offseason and his birthday, who has the right to tell him what to do with his life?

I would say the team paying him Millions a year should have a say in it.

I believe he should be able to go out and enjoy himself wherever and whenever he wants as long as he doesn't cause trouble (which it appears he didn't). it is possible for responsible adults to stay out late and have no problems at all. it's the offseason and his birthday, who has the right to tell him what to do with his life?

Your correct, its his right to go out and enjoy himself.

And its this teams right to throw his ass to the curb.

Players do all sorts of things to protect their careers. They walk away from long time friends, they stop partying, they make an effort to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. They do this so they can earn huge chunks of cash. Pouncey has clearly decided what his priorities are, the team should decide what theirs are.

I would say the team paying him Millions a year should have a say in it.

even if he didn't do anything wrong? you think it's ok for his employer to tell him where to go and what to do in the offseason just because they pay the going rate for his services?

Players do all sorts of things to protect their careers. They walk away from long time friends, they stop partying, they make an effort to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. They do this so they can earn huge chunks of cash. Pouncey has clearly decided what his priorities are, the team should decide what theirs are.
I think the team decided that the moment they picked up Pouncey's 5th year option for next season.

Yep. It's usually something or some element of a place
when consistantly negative incidents occur there.

I'm not saying it's illegal or wrong to go there or engage
in a particular activity, but it IS a dumb idea for a person
in his position to combine said elements when it's known
what the result tends to be.
If this incident is unrelated to Pouncey, I just don't see the consistency of incidents happening at that club. Sure he wore an offensive hat that club but I am sure he wore it in his house or maybe in his car or maybe he wore that hat at the gas station, maybe he should avoid those places also because they would be an element of a place where consistently negative incidents occur.

With Pouncey it's never just a simple party or visit to a bar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

or 75% of the other multi millionaire NFL players. Seriously, so what. This is what people in that world do....they find any excuse to go to a club or high society place. If he really participated in something like this and is wasn't defending himself then he deserves all the bashing he's getting on here. Other than that it's kind of ridiculous that the only thing to go on was some guys post on instagram, and now all the sudden it's like its' a complete fact.

It's just stupid that everyone is automatically indicting him because he was at a club and not at rehab. The guy has a life....he's not at rehab 24 hours a day. Wait until we have facts before you hang the guy.

from what I've seen Mike Pouncey just shows up on Sunday and plays at a Pro-Bowl level. He isn't a genius and he isn't a choirboy but he does his job and he does it well. I'm not worried about much else, I guess I'm old-school...

If this incident is unrelated to Pouncey, I just don't see the consistency of incidents happening at that club. Sure he wore an offensive hat that club but I am sure he wore it in his house or maybe in his car or maybe he wore that hat at the gas station, maybe he should avoid those places also because they would be an element of a place where consistently negative incidents occur.
No, it's not. If his names in it, it's related to him rightly or wrongly.

This is twice that negative things happened to him, that we know about
at a certain place, around a certain time, around certain activities.

Probably it's a good idea not to go looking for that
set of circumstances over and over again. I';m not saying
that he can't, I'm just saying that it's not a good idea when
your decision making process leads to negative things happening
in one's life.

By feeling the need to go to a place where he's found trouble previously, and
consume booze until 4AM.

Are you being purposely obtuse, or do you think that's a good idea for a
person to do?

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Exactly. And involve him, justly or unjustly in their drama.

soooo.....then just never go any where or do anything around other people ever????

sorry but the point is unrealistic. Has he done stupid things.....yeah, by my personal standards. but that doesn't automatically indict the guy to every claim by an person that decides to exploit him because he is a celebrity and has money they think they can get some of.

Please...this guy sounds uncredible...I'll wait for the facts.

I run a nightclub....its not always black and white how these fights start.

Pretty much this, though I'd give until the age of 21. After that, if you are celebrating your birthday...Well....At best it's a bit narcissistic
and silly.

Nail on the head.

or 75% of the other multi millionaire NFL players. Seriously, so what. This is what people in that world do....they find any excuse to go to a club or high society place. If he really participated in something like this and is wasn't defending himself then he deserves all the bashing he's getting on here. Other than that it's kind of ridiculous that the only thing to go on was some guys post on instagram, and now all the sudden it's like its' a complete fact.

It's just stupid that everyone is automatically indicting him because he was at a club and not at rehab. The guy has a life....he's not at rehab 24 hours a day. Wait until we have facts before you hang the guy.

To quote/paraphrase Groucho Marx, "The Pounceys may look like idiots. The Pounceys may act like idiots. But, don't let that fool you; they really are idiots."

from what I've seen Mike Pouncey just shows up on Sunday and plays at a Pro-Bowl level. He isn't a genius and he isn't a choirboy but he does his job and he does it well. I'm not worried about much else, I guess I'm old-school...

So as long as he plays football well, he can be a child molester and you wouldn't care?
I'm hoping not, just trying to see where your line is.

soooo.....then just never go any where or do anything around other people ever????

sorry but the point is unrealistic. Has he done stupid things.....yeah, by my personal standards. but that doesn't automatically indict the guy to every claim by an person that decides to exploit him because he is a celebrity and has money they think they can get some of.
Not that at all. I assume you are being absolutely absurd to illustrate a point.

You can absolutely do what you like as long as it doesn't hurt other people in my opinion.
You are certainly free to engage in activity that negatively affects your life. I'm saying
that when you engage in a pattern of activity that affects your life negatively it shows
flaws in your process of making choices about your life.

Stepping on an upturned rusty nail with a bare foot will probably negatively influence
your life. You are free to step on the nail, but if you did, I would tell you that the
process of thought that lead to that choice is flawed, and can be corrected by simply
realizing that the probability of negative consequence will effect you in a negative way.

Do you understand now?

even if he didn't do anything wrong? you think it's ok for his employer to tell him where to go and what to do in the offseason just because they pay the going rate for his services?

Do you think there could be a 2% chance of something going wrong? or even the perception of him doing anything wrong? I would not want a player on my team staying out till 5:00am in the morning drinking and partying.

As a Fan of this team I'd rather be reading about his hard work rehabbing. Now what if he misses 5 or 6 games or does not play well when he returns?

Perception is a real thing.

Back
Top Bottom