[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night

Talk about being obtuse...
The guy goes to a club, does nothing wrong and suddenly you're comparing it to molesting children? Hyperbole much? Obviously it would be different if he committed a crime, but he hasn't. It looks like he went out and had a good time, period.
As long as he stays out of trouble, I couldn't care less what he does with his free time because it's NONE OF MY BUSINESS.
I didn't compare the two at all. You stated more or less that you were "old school"
and you didn't care that much about how he acted or what he did as long as he was
able to do his job (Entertaining you and me) when called on to do it.

I was simply asking when that attitude regarding job performance and
behavior tipped back the other way. The same process of making the
choices in life that lead him to being involved in other people's issues
could well lead to more and more serious issues.

All I'm saying is his thought process is flawed and could lead to more
and greater trouble, and, that's a bad thing. Sorta like smoking and
lung cancer. Cancer may or may not happen, but smoking ciggarettes is
still a bad idea, though not illegal or immoral.

Not sure why you can't accept that.

My bday is just another regular day to me, I might drink a little more than usual but I don't even tell anyone its my bday

Different situations. It's a cultural thing. High profile NFL players, not all, have parties like this. That's where Manziel's been lately. You and I have never have an entourage or access to the things the Pounceys have so it's not anything we'll ever really experience.

Pretty much this, though I'd give until the age of 21. After that, if you are celebrating your birthday...Well....At best it's a bit narcissistic
and silly.

Interesting. I like going out on my birthday to a nice restaurant with my wife and some friends and we enjoy drinking and eating good food. Unless you're talking about a different sort of party, what's wrong with what I enjoy?

I didn't compare the two at all. You stated more or less that you were "old school"
and you didn't care that much about how he acted or what he did as long as he was
able to do his job (Entertaining you and me) when called on to do it.

I was simply asking when that attitude regarding job performance and
behavior tipped back the other way. The same process of making the
choices in life that lead him to being involved in other people's issues
could well lead to more and more serious issues.

All I'm saying is his thought process is flawed and could lead to more
and greater trouble, and, that's a bad thing. Sorta like smoking and
lung cancer. Cancer may or may not happen, but smoking ciggarettes is
still a bad idea, though not illegal or immoral.

Not sure why you can't accept that.
going out to a club doesn't make a "bad choice" or a character flaw.
He did nothing wrong, not sure why you have a problem with it

In this case, out acting a like a fool when. He should be at home resting that hip. You know. The hip that is keeping him out until week 5.

Not to mention making the team look like a laughing stock yet again.

Exactly. This "incident" apparently occurred at 4 in the morning. When you're getting paid millions of dollars to do a job and just had surgery that will keep you from doing that job for months, how much of a ****bag do you have to be not to realize what it looks like when you're out at 4 am. And I'm betting he took a few painkillers -- maybe a shot of Toradol -- so he could get out on the dance floor too because he obviously DGAF. What do you want to bet he invited a few of the young OL there, too. Wonderful lesson he's teaching them about life in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. This "incident" apparently occurred at 4 in the morning. When you're getting paid millions of dollars to do a job and just had surgery that will keep you from doing that job for months, how much of a ****bag do you have to be not to realize what it looks like when you're out at 4 am. And I'm betting he took a few painkillers -- maybe a shot of Toradol -- so he could get out on the dance floor too because he obviously DGAF. I'm thinking he invited a few of the young OL there, too. Wonderful lesson he's teaching them about life in the NFL.

obviously, lol
the dancing while on Toradol didn't bother me as much as doing wheelies in the parking lot on his motorcycle while snorting coke off the gas tank and selling illegal weapons to school children. that was the worst...

going out to a club doesn't make a "bad choice" or a character flaw.
He did nothing wrong, not sure why you have a problem with it
The minuses of going out drinking and staying out, drinking until
four or five in the morning tend to outweigh the pluses.
That, by definition is a bad choice.

obviously, lol
the dancing while on Toradol didn't bother me as much as doing wheelies in the parking lot on his motorcycle while snorting coke off the gas tank and selling illegal weapons to school children. that was the worst...

Not that you'd have a problem with it if he was doing each and every one of those things.

Funny you mention the illegal weapons bit given he's been accused of doing exactly that... buying guns and then shipping them to Massachusetts for Hernandez.

obviously, lol

Pouncey, who played with Hernandez at Florida, was given the subpoena shortly after the Dolphins played the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass.

A source told SI.com that police are investigating Hernandez’s involvement in gun trafficking across state lines, including in Massachusetts where he played for the New England Patriots; New York and Florida.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...-hernandez-patriots-gillette-stadium-dolphins

tumblr_inline_n1kmqsv6dI1r456rw-1.gif

Not that you'd have a problem with it if he was doing each and every one of those things.

Funny you mention the illegal weapons bit given he's been accused of doing exactly that... buying guns and then shipping them to Massachusetts for Hernandez.

he's been accused of many things, what has he actually done?

Seven Hells you yanks take your bar kerfuffles seriously. Best case he did nothing wrong except he was up past his bedtime. Worst case he got in a bar kerfuffle. Yawn.

he's been accused of many things, what has he actually done?

He's inspired a bunch of people who are probably otherwise smart and sensible to make excuses for a grade 1 asshat because he's a good offensive lineman. That's what he's done.

And I'll tell you what he hasn't done. He hasn't been a good citizen (or human). He hasn't been a good locker room presence. And he hasn't represented the Miami Dolphins franchise in a way that should make anyone proud or that lives up to the example set by generations of former Dolphins. All he's done is bring shame and ridicule to the franchise and the city.

Back
Top Bottom