USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY

What has Tannehill done to be placed in the 2nd tier...besides being the QB of a team that made the playoffs for the first time in his career?

Make your argument:

2nd tier QBs:

Ben Roethlisberger - 2 Super Bowls
Philip Rivers - 5th best passer rating all time, 6 time Pro Bowl performer.
Matt Ryan A Super Bowl apperance/league MVP
Cam Newton - A super Bowl appearance/league MVP
Russell Wilson - A Super Bowl
Eli Manning - 2 Super Bowls
Matthew Stafford - Most 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drive in a season (all time).

Are you basing a QBs value JUST on wins/losses?! lol judas priest.

And this is the very reason Tannehill should stay his average a** out of the 2nd tier. I'l give him the 3rd tier...after that, don't make me laugh with one season that helped a team win anything.

I wouldn't have him in the 2nd tier either. The 3rd tier is where I put him currently. He'd have to make the playoffs, play in them, and win a few games for me to put him in Tier 2.

Having to listen to all the locals talk about Matt Stafford makes me want to puke. And he is currently negotiating a huge contract.

Dude has a terrible record against winning teams, he has never won a playoff game, he has been to one pro bowl and the reason he has so many fourth quarter comebacks is because the team, him included, get them into jams for the first three quarters. And he played with one of the best WR of his generation that went into early retirement because he couldn't see himself playing for the franchise.

I would rather build a team with a reasonably paid Tannehill than with an over-hyped Stafford.

I wouldn't have him in the 2nd tier either. The 3rd tier is where I put him currently. He'd have to make the playoffs, play in them, and win a few games for me to put him in Tier 2.

Agree with this.

And Dphinz, I wasn't talking about you. You may have a differing opinion but you are at least here trying to get your point across; whereas others just slink away.

And to state again- no one here tries to call him some elite game changing all world qb. We acknowledge he has areas to improve in. The difference between many of us- some see an above average, developing qb. Others "see" a subpar qb because they only see wins/losses as anything important

You asked for good. All listed were good receivers w/ the exception of Jordan Matthews and Stefon Diggs, they are very good.

All of these receivers (Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson, Jordan Matthews, Stefon Diggs) have two things in common. They have never had a single season with over 1000 yards or over 8 TDs and every single one had his best year when Bradford was his quarterback.

Gather around and take witness. It's not every day you get to see a Sam Bradford apologist. :lol:

To appease you: Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson, Jordan Matthews, Stefon Diggs. RB Darren Sproles is another great pass catcher.

Did this guy just say that Amendola, Gibsob, Matthews, Diggs and Sproles were great pass catchers?

when-your-mom-says-yaass--full.jpg

This is all I've been saying...I'll even go so far as to say that he may be right neat/at the very top of the 3rd tier, but that's his ceiling (not his roof...I hope),yet it would seem his supporters think he belongs in the 2nd tier.

Are you basing a QBs value JUST on wins/losses?! lol judas priest.

Wins and losses are a part of the equation...

If you factor in the Pro Bowls, the league MVPs, all time records...Tannehill is window shopping in the 2nd tier level.

You guys are funny as hell!!! lol

I don't believe anyone on here thinks he's earned elite status... obviously lol

The guys a very good QB who will only get better under Adam Gase.

He's definitely on the top half of Qbs rather than the bottom half.

Didn't Winston make the pro bowl? It means nothing for the most part.

All of these receivers (Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson, Jordan Matthews, Stefon Diggs) have two things in common. They have never had a single season with over 1000 yards or over 8 TDs and every single one had his best year when Bradford was his quarterback.

I really don't give a **** about your fantasy football analysis in all this. It's an irrelevant argument.

First off, I've always thought Bradford was a very accurate QB and that's not something that can be taught. And always thought he would do well wherever he landed b/c of it. You can search my post history for the proof.

Matthews are Diggs are very good receivers and both are very young so their experience with other QBs throwing to them is very limited. Diggs was hurt his rookie year and has only one full year which he played with Bradford. Matthews also played very well last year with a rookie QB in Wentz.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Wins and losses are a part of the equation...

Only if you're a head coach.

Back
Top Bottom