USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY

This comment makes zero sense and has zero context. When exactly has Tannehill not played "team ball" ? And what do you even mean by team ball?

Who knows?! Here's the opinion I care about:

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 54s54 seconds ago
More
Adam Gase says Ryan Tannehill is "one of the reasons we're taking the next step."

lol , the people who say he isn't a franchise quarterback are just ridiculous at this point. Franchise qb is a guy who is a good starter , where you don't need to be looking to replace him for the next several years. Tannehill has already proven he is AT LEAST that with more room to grow, just like Matt Ryan has done as of late.

do you have a link to this.............. . Inside the league: players, coaches and FOs think little of tannehill outside of Miami.

where is the link to this? and who is the source. People around the league think Tannehill isn't a starting caliber qb in the NFL?

Reading obviously isn't your strong suit. I'll help you...

Look up "tier" and "quartile" and tell me the difference...if you can.

In that context they are the same. If you are dividing QBs into FOUR tiers then they quartiles.
I get it. You can't defend your answer.

Funny how when asked to provide a source, evidence, or even simply just their reasons for opinions, people just disappear. Can't defend their weak ass argument so stop in to a thread- post dumb ****, then run off. then rinse and repeat when a new Tannehill thread appears

In that context they are the same. If you are dividing QBs into FOUR tiers then they quartiles.
I get it. You can't defend your answer.

:lol::lol::lol:

I know you...

You're the guy who if a QB throws 32 TDs in a season, tells the bar that the QB threw EXACTLY 2 TDs a game....

20zd2za.jpg

Funny how of the 7 QBs you listed, 5 are in the NFC. Roethlisberger is the exception, he is a HOF player. Rivers? Yes he's made the playoffs 5 times in his career. 4 of those times came from 2006-2009. Since? SD is 51-61 and made the playoffs once (Rivers was 12 for 16 for 128 yards and 1 TD/Ronnie Brown was the leading running back for SD in the win vs. Andy Dalton (losing in the playoffs? Nooooo!) and Cincy).

And this is the very reason Tannehill should stay his average a** out of the 2nd tier. I'l give him the 3rd tier...after that, don't make me laugh with one season that helped a team win anything.

Funny how when asked to provide a source, evidence, or even simply just their reasons for opinions, people just disappear. Can't defend their weak ass argument so stop in to a thread- post dumb ****, then run off. then rinse and repeat when a new Tannehill thread appears

What has Tannehill done to be placed in the 2nd tier...besides being the QB of a team that made the playoffs for the first time in his career?

Make your argument:

2nd tier QBs:

Ben Roethlisberger - 2 Super Bowls
Philip Rivers - 5th best passer rating all time, 6 time Pro Bowl performer.
Matt Ryan A Super Bowl apperance/league MVP
Cam Newton - A super Bowl appearance/league MVP
Russell Wilson - A Super Bowl
Eli Manning - 2 Super Bowls
Matthew Stafford - Most 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drive in a season (all time).

What has Tannehill done to be placed in the 2nd tier...besides being the QB of a team that made the playoffs for the first time in his career?

Make your argument:

2nd tier QBs:

Ben Roethlisberger - 2 Super Bowls
Philip Rivers - 5th best passer rating all time, 6 time Pro Bowl performer.
Matt Ryan A Super Bowl apperance/league MVP
Cam Newton - A super Bowl appearance/league MVP
Russell Wilson - A Super Bowl
Eli Manning - 2 Super Bowls
Matthew Stafford - Most 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drive in a season (all time).

Melty Ice spent 8 seasons choking when it mattered most, especially in 2nd halfs. He had Julio, Roddy, top notch RBs and at one point the GOAT TE and despite that, had 1 playoff win in 8 years.. also with those resources and more won 1 less game over a 2 year stretch than Tannehill. He may be 2nd tier now, but using his timetable, Tannehill has 4 more years to reach the level he's just accomplished.

Cam: 1 great season, a lot due to his defense and his legs. One season- especially 1 season removed does not make a 2nd tier QB, sorry.

Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning: In a "what have you done for me lately" league, both have been shooting blanks, especially Rivers since Eli does get some legacy credit for winning 2SBs

Stafford: 51 and 58 on arguably better defensive teams than Tannehill had to work with who's 37-40

Big Ben is a top tier QB so he's not in the 2nd tier discussion. Nor should Tannehill be unless he puts in another year like the top 10 QB he was during his 7-1 streak. FWIW, when Tannehill's OL has been healthy - and that includes loads like Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner, he's something like 10-1 or 11-1. If Melty, Cam, Rivers and/or Stafford were interjected onto the teams that Tannehill had to work through, there's a strong possibility that they would not even be considered Tier 3 QBs!

I will never understand the love Bradford gets. No playoff appearances in 6 years. He should be considered one of the bigger #1 draft busts of the last 20 years.

National reporters haven't really watched Tannehill play a complete game outside of a few times on prime time, and in most prime time games, his fault or not, he hasn't looked good. I can't really fault them for latching on to the narrative that Tannehill isn't a franchise guy. But if you actually watch every game he plays, he's much better than the common perception of him. His strides last year were significant. If the Dolphins are playoff contenders all year and he performs well in primetime games, that perception will begin to change.

Of course you can, they're writing for the USA ****ing today. It's a shame these guys can put so little effort into their analysis.

Perhaps it is because everyone on Finheaven are fans, and fans will defend their players even when they are not that good. Tannehill will get more respect when he wins playoff games, takes over games, and does things like the truly good quarterbacks do. When a quarterback has an occasional good game, and is not consistent, people that are not fans are not going to be very supportive.

Like weak armed, brittle, do-nothing tier 3 QB Sam Bradford?

Name me one good receiver that Bradford has worked with in St. Louis, Philadelphia, or Minnesota.

Name me one good receiver that Bradford has worked with in St. Louis, Philadelphia, or Minnesota.

Gather around and take witness. It's not every day you get to see a Sam Bradford apologist. :lol:

To appease you: Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson, Jordan Matthews, Stefon Diggs. RB Darren Sproles is another great pass catcher.

thill17 and Bradford are bottom of tier3 or top tier 4. this guy have been in nfl for while. they both do not get respect in nfl.

Back
Top Bottom