USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY

I would put Luck a tier ahead of Tannehill based off my eyes, but the stats have them close to even, except Lucks win/loss stat is obviously much better.

And I would put Dalton and Cousins a tier ahead of Tannehill based on stats, even though my eyes would say they should be in the same tier.

And what are your eyes seeing? Serious question?

Personally I think the only thing you see is what you admitted to - statistics and the win/loss column - which is invalid information to analyze a QB's mechanics and skillset under center.

and what are your eyes seeing? Serious question?

Personally i think the only thing you see is what you admitted to - statistics and the win/loss column - which is invalid information to analyze a qb's mechanics and skillset under center.

Your opinion of things is invalid if you didn't form your opinion the same way i formed my opinion!!!!!!!!!! INVALID!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion but I believe there is a lot more to playing QB than reading a defense and throwing mechanics. For instance if you slide feet first a yard short of the first down with the playoffs on the line I see that with my eyes as a negative, and thats something that doesn't show up on the stat sheet, except the QB win/loss stat.

Your opinion of things . . .

Do you have access to any full NFL games? Preferably not Dolphins so we can eliminate any bias?

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Just my opinion but I believe there is a lot more to playing QB than reading a defense and throwing mechanics.

Fair enough as do I (but they are of great importance). Such as?

Do you have access to any full NFL games? Preferably not Dolphins so we can eliminate any bias?

I do not get into eye test pissing contests, people see what they want to see as evidenced by Tannehill getting straight A's and Moore getting all F's when most unbiased people would grade them as even.

I do not get into eye test pissing contests, people see what they want to see as evidenced by Tannehill getting straight A's and Moore getting all F's when most unbiased people would grade them as even.

In other words, you don't how to analyze a player on film. Got it.

I specifically said, "not Dolphins" game tape as to remove any bias and to get a baseline of tape/player breakdown. All you've done here is deflect from that as if you're incapable of doing so or afraid to stray from the inaccuracies of rudimentary statistical comparisons.

Can you at least complete your answer as what you believe are important qualities/traits/attributes that a QB must have to compete at the professional level?

I would put Luck a tier ahead of Tannehill based off my eyes, but the stats have them close to even, except Lucks win/loss stat is obviously much better.

And I would put Dalton and Cousins a tier ahead of Tannehill based on stats, even though my eyes would say they should be in the same tier.

Wait. I thought SoS was being sarcastic. That's really one of the metrics you use? QB wins/losses? Oh my.

2nd tier QBs:

Ben Roethlisberger - 2 Super Bowls
Philip Rivers - 5th best passer rating all time, 6 time Pro Bowl performer.
Matt Ryan A Super Bowl apperance/league MVP
Cam Newton - A super Bowl appearance/league MVP
Russell Wilson - A Super Bowl
Eli Manning - 2 Super Bowls
Matthew Stafford - Most 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drive in a season (all time).

Look at the 3rd tier and show me the consistency needed to knock one of these players on his level out

Evidently math isn't your strong suit.
There are 32 starting QBs in the NFL. The 1st quartile are 1-8. 2nd quartile 9-16. 3rd quartile 17-24 and the 4th quartile 25-32
Name 24 QBs better than RT. That is the argument. Phillip Rivers and Matthew Stanford have won nothing and Roethlisberger is a tier 1 QB. Give me 17 more names to bolster your weak argument.
You named 7.

I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change anyone else's. My "valid" reasons are probably going to be invalid in your eyes or anyone else who disagrees with my views anyways. I've seen enough through these 5 years to come to my own conclusion on him. He's the QB right now and I'll support him, but I'm not going to defend his play like I used to the first 4 years he's been the QB.

I find it odd that you claim to have defended Tannehill's play during his first four seasons while he was surrounded by inadequate talent and incompetent coaching, but now you have become a harsh critic when the team's talent level is better and they finally have an excellent head coach that trusts and supports Tannehill leading to promising positive results. It just doesn't make sense. Now is the time to be excited about what is possible after what Gase and Tannehill showed they are capable of doing over the second half stretch of last season. All arrows are pointing up.

How exactly can one scream through the Internet? If you'd like, tomorrow when I'm by a computer I can go through your post history and highlight the ridiculous and blasphemous things you've posted. Would that adequately tickle your pickle?

Or when your library minutes roll back to an hour....

Evidently math isn't your strong suit.
There are 32 starting QBs in the NFL. The 1st quartile are 1-8. 2nd quartile 9-16. 3rd quartile 17-24 and the 4th quartile 25-32
Name 24 QBs better than RT. That is the argument. Phillip Rivers and Matthew Stanford have won nothing and Roethlisberger is a tier 1 QB. Give me 17 more names to bolster your weak argument.
You named 7.

Reading obviously isn't your strong suit. I'll help you...

Look up "tier" and "quartile" and tell me the difference...if you can.

Back
Top Bottom