Vick to the Jets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick to the Jets

I ask you again to please go back and re-read the discussion then you will get it. Please don't make me explain this to you.

It's literally impossible for you to admit you're wrong. It's going to be fun for your kids to grow up if that's the mentality you create for their upbringing.

How are the two not the same? You're simply stating that Vick didn't think it was wrong b/c he grew up around it. Why is it unfair to say that if someone had grown up around belittling and raping women it isn't the same?

A lot of the criminals that exist today had tough upbringing rights? Child abuse leads the child into a similar environment when they get older. Hell watch Law and Order: SVU for ideas!

They are different for two reasons. One dogfighting to a certain segment of people is basically a sport regardless of the legality, I can think of no environment in the united states where a child would be witnessing rape constantly and be raised to think of it as a sport. They may grow up in an abusive home but that's a different scenario. Where Vick grew up dogfighting is very prevalent, hell there are some areas of Florida where they are very prevalent. Most of us are lucky to know basically nobody involved or that has been involved in dogfighting. It is much like people that have grew up in areas where selling drugs is prevalent, they really don't see it in the same morality as everyone else. Not an excuse because they know what they do is illegal but this is the life they learn from a young age. In reality people love blood sports to a great degree. Boxing and UFC are very much derivatives of blood sports. In a civilized society neither should probably exist but people love to see people fight. Football is a somewhat of a blood sport also , we crave the big hits and the guys sacrificing their bodies and possibly their health for our pleasure. Im sorry I diverted , the other reason is because they are animals. As much as I love an animal I cannot rationalize the same penalty for running over a dog as a person. Im currently in a country where they have puppy farms in certain places because some people here eat dog. Dogfighters do everything they can to have the meanest and toughest dog much of it very cruel. They may train their animal using bait dogs because you cant train an animal to be vicious with out practicing being vicious. Like I said dogfighting is a vile blood sport but comparing these guys to serial killers shows a complete lack of understanding of the subject matter. Now if Vick was just randomly killing peoples pets or dogs without rationale then I would buy into that theory. As disgusting as it is there is a thought process behind what they do to the dogs. This is what it takes to make them the vicious killing machines they want them to be.

They are different for two reasons. One dogfighting to a certain segment of people is basically a sport regardless of the legality, I can think of no environment in the united states where a child would be witnessing rape constantly and be raised to think of it as a sport. They may grow up in an abusive home but that's a different scenario. Where Vick grew up dogfighting is very prevalent, hell there are some areas of Florida where they are very prevalent. Most of us are lucky to know basically nobody involved or that has been involved in dogfighting. It is much like people that have grew up in areas where selling drugs is prevalent, they really don't see it in the same morality as everyone else. Not an excuse because they know what they do is illegal but this is the life they learn from a young age. In reality people love blood sports to a great degree. Boxing and UFC are very much derivatives of blood sports. In a civilized society neither should probably exist but people love to see people fight. Football is a somewhat of a blood sport also , we crave the big hits and the guys sacrificing their bodies and possibly their health for our pleasure. Im sorry I diverted , the other reason is because they are animals. As much as I love an animal I cannot rationalize the same penalty for running over a dog as a person. Im currently in a country where they have puppy farms in certain places because some people here eat dog. Dogfighters do everything they can to have the meanest and toughest dog much of it very cruel. They may train their animal using bait dogs because you cant train an animal to be vicious with out practicing being vicious. Like I said dogfighting is a vile blood sport but comparing these guys to serial killers shows a complete lack of understanding of the subject matter. Now if Vick was just randomly killing peoples pets or dogs without rationale then I would buy into that theory. As disgusting as it is there is a thought process behind what they do to the dogs. This is what it takes to make them the vicious killing machines they want them to be.

1. Use the enter/return button a few times.
2. I'm not reading all of what you said. What Vick did, illegally gambling and fighting dogs/killing the losers, is a crime. Those are the facts. He did his time. He's still and always will be a piece of **** to me.

That last statement is beyond asinine hopefully u were actually being funny if so I apologize.
As a person I thought Porter was a piece of crap much like Vick before, during and after being a Phin.

At least Vick got jailtime while other dogfighters like Porter never got caught and never did a day in jail for doing Im pretty damn sure similar activies.
I don't think dogfighters are psychopaths but I do think they have a messed up view of animals mainly dogs.
I wish more dogfighters will do jailtime but the majority will never see a day of jail. Vick was just like any other professional dogfighter.
A psychopath just couldn't stop torturing animals for 5 years, there is no sense of wrong even if you might get caught.
Most dogfighters to the best of my knowledge don't get off on the prospect of having to destroy the animals they have invested in but in their mind they are trying to achieve the best out of the animal or destroying their useless animal that can make them no money

Maybe I'm not writing clearly, but I've never said all dogfighters are psychopaths. Absolutely **** human beings, certainly, but not psychopaths. The key word is "torture." Not all dogfighters get off on torturing their animals, which you even acknowledge in the bolded sentence. Vick got off on it.

And how do you know he's stopped or doesn't still get off on even thinking about it? Because he claims he's remorseful? Because he says he knows it's wrong? Do the people you put away ever say similar things? No doubt you immediately let them go, because they clearly must mean it.

Anyways, continue condoning it, because that is exactly what you are doing when you downplay it and claim it's just "their culture."

Maybe I'm not writing clearly, but I've never said all dogfighters are psychopaths. Absolutely **** human beings, certainly, but not psychopaths. The key word is "torture." Not all dogfighters get off on torturing their animals, which you even acknowledge in the bolded sentence. Vick got off on it.

And how do you know he's stopped or doesn't still get off on even thinking about it? Because he claims he's remorseful? Because he says he knows it's wrong? Do the people you put away ever say similar things? No doubt you immediately let them go, because they clearly must mean it.

Anyways, continue condoning it, because that is exactly what you are doing when you downplay it and claim it's just "their culture."

All people that fight dogs are torturing their animals in one way or another. How do you figure that Vick got off on it. I not once condoned it nor do I condone stealing or selling drugs. I don't condone cheating on your wife. I only claimed he wasn't a psychopath, sociopath or soon to be serial killer as many like to act. I also don't think he is the same as a child molester. dogfighting is vile in every way but I know everyones perspective and past are not the same. Condoning something is to let it happen and not do anything about it or to act like it was not wrong. Dogfighting is wrong on so many levels to me. Hell I would never hang out with a guy that likes to hunt because I think its also a bloodsport that I choose not to engage in. The only thing I will give vick credit about is he has seemed to be on the straight and narrow since his jailtime and not everyone can stay out of trouble once they fall like this.

I wouldn't go there? Based off my recent posts? This coming from the guy who's spent half the day defending a pedophile? You sir are a hypocrite and kind of a scum bag for so passionaltely defending a pedopile in the other thread. Unless you've just been trolling all day, which is entirely likely seeing as noone could possibly defend those actions in all seriousness.

Who cares why you brought him up. Fact is you did bring him up, and then you whined about others doing it. Hypocrite.

keep spewing lies.

I am consistent at all times, whether guys play for my team or not. Mark did nothing wrong, if he did I would bash the heck out of him. I am not like you guys that excuse everything bad Miami does and bash everything the Jets do.

I suggest you learn how to read.

junc has bashed RIcky for smoking pot (oh the horror) but Vick killing and torturing innocent dogs... "Come on guys, it happened a few years ago, time to move on.." BWHAHAHAHHA

what is w/ you guys? why is it no one can read? when did I bash Ricky for smoking pot? the only times I bring up Ricky are when you bash Cro b/c they did essentially the same thing yet you guys celebrate Ricky and bash Cro and you are calling me a hypocrite?:lol2:

I wasn't talking to you nitwit. To claim I'm attracted to you because I respond to your BS is hilarious considering you sure do the same thing to me. Also, go ahead and bring up stuff that happened when I wasn't even alive yet.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Why would any of us or you know what he does in his free time. No one knew he was doing that when he actually did it.

so you don't know anything yet you can bash the guy?

It's literally impossible for you to admit you're wrong. It's going to be fun for your kids to grow up if that's the mentality you create for their upbringing.

where am I wrong? is it my fault you guys can't understand what you are reading? I brought an asinine example based on the asinine reasoning about Vick.

keep spewing lies.

I am consistent at all times, whether guys play for my team or not. Mark did nothing wrong, if he did I would bash the heck out of him. I am not like you guys that excuse everything bad Miami does and bash everything the Jets do.

what is w/ you guys? why is it no one can read? when did I bash Ricky for smoking pot? the only times I bring up Ricky are when you bash Cro b/c they did essentially the same thing yet you guys celebrate Ricky and bash Cro and you are calling me a hypocrite?:lol2:

where am I wrong? is it my fault you guys can't understand what you are reading? I brought an asinine example based on the asinine reasoning about Vick.

Lies? It’s all there for anyone to read. Of course, you’ll read it differently than every other human being on the planet.

Consistent? The only thing you’re consistent about is being in a state of perpetual dizziness from all the spinning you do. And you’re kidding yourself (or outright lying) if you’re trying to sell us the myth that, if there was a 99% chance that Tannehill was a pedophile, as is the case with buttfumble, you wouldn’t be all over it. You’d be bashing him for sleeping with children, but because it’s buttfumble, you justify it. Just like with Vick. Nobody here believes that you wouldn’t be talking smack if we signed him. If Miami signed him, I’d bash this organization into the stone age. If Tanny were a pediphile, I’d bash him too. But fortunately, Tanny is a grown ass man who likes women, not little girls, and our GM has the sense not to sign the BTK killer of small animals.

Some paragraph separations would be good.

You are defending an illegal behavior. Just because it is a part of growing up or part of the culture does not make it legal nor does it make it acceptable. You mentioned Florida. Don't. Dogfighting, killing animals and torture of animals are illegal in the State of Florida.

There is a reason that dog fighting and torturing of animals is illegal.

But you can make all kinds of excuses for him. And because of people like you, Junc and the like, guys like Vick can do whatever they want to and still keep playing for millions of dollars and be an idol for many kids who will value dog fighting and animal torture less of a crime because of a famous person like Vick.

Lies? It’s all there for anyone to read. Of course, you’ll read it differently than every other human being on the planet.

Consistent? The only thing you’re consistent about is being in a state of perpetual dizziness from all the spinning you do. And you’re kidding yourself (or outright lying) if you’re trying to sell us the myth that, if there was a 99% chance that Tannehill was a pedophile, as is the case with buttfumble, you wouldn’t be all over it. You’d be bashing him for sleeping with children, but because it’s buttfumble, you justify it. Just like with Vick. Nobody here believes that you wouldn’t be talking smack if we signed him. If Miami signed him, I’d bash this organization into the stone age. If Tanny were a pediphile, I’d bash him too. But fortunately, Tanny is a grown ass man who likes women, not little girls, and our GM has the sense not to sign the BTK killer of small animals.
you have proven you struggle w/ basic reading comprehension.

I bash and praise equally, doesn't matter if it is my team or not. My track record is a proven one.

while you guys made excuses for your 2 DUI players in 2010 and bashed Braylon I bashed them all and called for a suspension for Braylon(and all players arrested for that offense)
while you guys made excuses for Ricky and bashed Cro I bashed both for what they did and praised both for seemingly maturing and taking care of business in recent years.
I called for Alosi to be removed immediately even though he was a great S&C coach and it has hurt us.

so stop w/ this nonsense, if it is found out Mark did something wrong I will bash. you are speculating and you even posted a quote where he found out she was 17 and he backed off yet still bash.

you have proven you struggle w/ basic reading comprehension.

You keep saying that. I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

I bash and praise equally, doesn't matter if it is my team or not. My track record is a proven one.

while you guys made excuses for your 2 DUI players in 2010 and bashed Braylon I bashed them all and called for a suspension for Braylon(and all players arrested for that offense)
while you guys made excuses for Ricky and bashed Cro I bashed both for what they did and praised both for seemingly maturing and taking care of business in recent years.
I called for Alosi to be removed immediately even though he was a great S&C coach and it has hurt us.

Feel free to point out me making excuses. I have never and would never defend a DUI arrest. I'm ashamed of any player, regardless of team, who's stupid enough to get behind the wehhl after a few drinks. I did state that Cromarties situation was greatly exaggerated when compared to Ricky's. Because it is. Cromartie did the same thing as Ricky but on a much grander scale. Cro started his own trailer park (because saying ghetto makes me a racist in your simple mind) with all his illegitimate children. Neither one is ok in my book but at least Ricky married his most recent baby momma. I present facts, you make excuses.

so stop w/ this nonsense, if it is found out Mark did something wrong I will bash. you are speculating and you even posted a quote where he found out she was 17 and he backed off yet still bash.

No, if you could comprehend what the statement, along with the subsequent ones, were saying, you would have seen that once he found out that 17 was legal, he was balls deep in that little girl. But then, it’s buttfumble so I doubt your brain will allow you to see what’s obvious to everyone else.

as much as I love dogs I don't think he is a sociopath. I think he was raised in an environment that condoned dog fighting. I think its disgusting but hell some people eat dogs. This is what dogfighters do, anyone that thinks that dogfighters are good stewards of animals is really naïve.
These dogs are trained for this purpose and if they cant do it they are of no use. They don't look at dogs the same way as normal people. Not all people feel a sense of morality when it comes to dogs. I don't condone this disgusting behavior in any way but this doesn't make him a sociopath.

Culture is not an excuse for what Vick did. Not when any decent person can tell that a dog is suffering. He knew better and he tortured and fought dogs anyway.
Vick is a piece of ****.

what does this prove exactly? I have bashed Gastineau a million times.

you have me confused w/ you guys. did I bash you for singing that punk Finnegan? No I praised the move. you guys can make up all the stuff you want but get back to me when you come back to reality.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Finnegan has never done anything off the field as bad as Vick to my knowledge.

last time I checked Ricky doesn't have nearly as many kids as Cromartie. Whats Cromartie up to anyways? 8 kids with 6 different women or something? lol

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Yeah Finnegan may be a "punk" but at least he never murdered or tortured dogs like the new Jets' player did.

nyjunc stays losing:lol2:

Mark Gastineau who:
a. battered three women
b. harassed several including his ex wife
c. violated his ex's restraining order
d. was arrested several times for barroom beat downs
e. was arrested in AZ for possession of narcotics and paraphenelia
f. was incarcerated twice including a 6 month stint
g. was so hated by his teammates as a glory whore that they spit on his car when he broke union strike ranks

yet, the guy who's pointing at our players' missteps, 10-13 years after knowing full well what a ambidextrous scumbag he is, started a TGG thread complete with pic congratulating him on being named to the jest Ring of Honor (which itself shows jest cluelessness about how it reflects on them). In character, he showed up drunk for the ceremony which says it all.

And then midway thru the thread when someone actually commented that he was a disgrace to the franchise and should never have been heralded, junc, although being active in that thread and could have said "yeah I agree wholeheartedly but was just passing along the news", instead ignored it completelyLong way of saying that glass house dwellers should never throw stones

keep spewing lies.

You say not to hold past transgressions against people but only after you talked **** about Mercury Morris. You can't say both and get away with it.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

You keep saying that. I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

That's what he says when he's grasping at straws and is close to not knowing what else to say.

Aside from the FACT that he's an absolute piece of **** human being, I think this was a bad move from a football perspective too. The "more competition is a good thing" is nonsense, especially with QB. If Vick came in accepting his role as backup and veteran mentor a la Moore, I'd be more concerned. Instead, he's going to be leeching snaps and slowing both the development of Geno and the ability to determine if he's got what it takes, not to mention the ability to develop a rapport with any new WRs. No problem with that from a rival standpoint.

That being said, Vick is human garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom