Vick to the Jets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick to the Jets

I would love for him to go to GB, sit back learn from one of the best and they hit the FA market next year.

I expect he will end up in SL and will take over at some point for a struggling Bradford.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

if the Jets didn't wait so long to release him he would have been signed in a hurry. He would have gone to Oak, Hou or one of those places. Mark would have been the best QB on the market had he been available at the start of FA(to be fair it was a weak market).

Oakland had every chance to trade for him over Scwaub but didn't . Of course some team will sign him but no team outside of the worst ran team in the NFl would have looked at him as a starter and even they passed.
for scwaub who will cost quite a bit.

Oakland had every chance to trade for him over Scwaub but didn't . Of course some team will sign him but no team outside of the worst ran team in the NFl would have looked at him as a starter and even they passed.
for scwaub who will cost quite a bit.

the rumblings were Oak wanted him or Schaub, they worked out a deal for Schaub.

Schaub reworked his deal by the way.

Im far from condoning it. In fact I have put people in jail for it and don't take it lightly. What he did is pretty common with people that fight dogs, these are not pets. Im explaining the mentality behind it. Being where Im from I know of people that have done these things. I know a guy that actually sold a fighting dog to Joey Porter, said this long ago when Porter was a Dolphin but of course since he was phin people defended him to no end.Dog fighting is beyond barbaric in my mind but that's because of my affinity for animals and dogs. He didn't go anymore beyond what a great majority of dog fighters do, people just are shocked by this disgusting culture and want to somehow relate it to treatment of a human. Also I doubt he is a pscyho path since that would mean he would be prone to do it again and again no matter what. A psychopath just cant turn it off because he might get in trouble. This culture doesn't look or treat dogs as anything but gladiators and if they are not winners then they are basically dead meat.

Torturing animals, beyond the already incredibly inhumane dogfighting, is common amongst them? Great, we know where a bunch of psychopaths hang out together.

And yes, he is prone to doing it again. You don't just turn something like that off and I certainly don't believe he has. I have no doubt he still gets off on that ****, regardless of whether he is still able to.

As for Joey Porter, we know you didn't defend him, until he went to a different team of course. :lol:

Torturing animals, beyond the already incredibly inhumane dogfighting, is common amongst them? Great, we know where a bunch of psychopaths hang out together.

And yes, he is prone to doing it again. You don't just turn something like that off and I certainly don't believe he has. I have no doubt he still gets off on that ****, regardless of whether he is still able to.

As for Joey Porter, we know you didn't defend him, until he went to a different team of course. :lol:

That last statement is beyond asinine hopefully u were actually being funny if so I apologize.
As a person I thought Porter was a piece of crap much like Vick before, during and after being a Phin.

At least Vick got jailtime while other dogfighters like Porter never got caught and never did a day in jail for doing Im pretty damn sure similar activies.
I don't think dogfighters are psychopaths but I do think they have a messed up view of animals mainly dogs.
I wish more dogfighters will do jailtime but the majority will never see a day of jail. Vick was just like any other professional dogfighter.
A psychopath just couldn't stop torturing animals for 5 years, there is no sense of wrong even if you might get caught.
Most dogfighters to the best of my knowledge don't get off on the prospect of having to destroy the animals they have invested in but in their mind they are trying to achieve the best out of the animal or destroying their useless animal that can make them no money

as much as I love dogs I don't think he is a sociopath. I think he was raised in an environment that condoned dog fighting. I think its disgusting but hell some people eat dogs. This is what dogfighters do, anyone that thinks that dogfighters are good stewards of animals is really naïve.
These dogs are trained for this purpose and if they cant do it they are of no use. They don't look at dogs the same way as normal people. Not all people feel a sense of morality when it comes to dogs. I don't condone this disgusting behavior in any way but this doesn't make him a sociopath.

Yes you do in that post. And I could literally throw up at your excuses for Vick's behavior. We claim to be a well developed society yet we accept barbaric behavior like that and find every excuse in the book? Based on your philosophy we should accept the rape of women and children as well because some cultures do that.

As an NFL player you have twice the responsibility of being an idol than the normal average citizen in this country. I find it absolutely absurd and disgusting for the excuses being made just because a player is an NFL player. Our moral obligations as a society is not to hail people like the Vicks but to punish them and then put them into programs where they never have access to those beings they hurt and tortured. We do that with child molesters and rapist as well.

I guess for some people morality goes out of the window when it comes to football.

Vick under center for the jests is a lot more worrisome than Sanchez or Geno. He may be long in the tooth, he may have been overrated even in his prime, but he always seems to have our number. I'm not sure what his record is against us, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but from recollection alone, he always seems to make highlite reel worthy plays against us. He's leaps and bounds better than anything they've had in quite a while.

as much as I love dogs I don't think he is a sociopath. I think he was raised in an environment that condoned dog fighting. I think its disgusting but hell some people eat dogs. This is what dogfighters do, anyone that thinks that dogfighters are good stewards of animals is really naïve.
These dogs are trained for this purpose and if they cant do it they are of no use. They don't look at dogs the same way as normal people. Not all people feel a sense of morality when it comes to dogs. I don't condone this disgusting behavior in any way but this doesn't make him a sociopath.

So if a guy was raised in a culture where rape was condoned it'd be okay? **** that. To act like he didn't know what he was doing was wrong shows how much of a clueless asshole he is/was.

So if a guy was raised in a culture where rape was condoned it'd be okay? **** that. To act like he didn't know what he was doing was wrong shows how much of a clueless asshole he is/was.

yep, that's the same thing. you should probably give back your 2 SB trophies b/c Mercury Morris was a big part and he's been arrested a bunch of times.

lol at junc bringing up Morris. Dude you guys just signed a dog murdering felon.:lol2:

is he still doing it? did he spend time in jail? if he was still doing it I'd be opposed to having him on our team even if he was great which he isn't but he paid his debt and has moved on w/ his life. it's silly to knock a player for something that happened so long ago.

Vick under center for the jests is a lot more worrisome than Sanchez or Geno. I'm not sure what his record is against us, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but from recollection alone, he always seems to make highlite reel worthy plays against us. He's leaps and bounds better than anything they've had in quite a while.

Vick is 2-0 as a starter against the Dolphins. He also came in to relieve Chris chandler in another game. The dolphins won that one but Vick had them at the goal line to win the game but failed.

After that 1st failure against the Dolphins he is unbeaten

Yes you do in that post. And I could literally throw up at your excuses for Vick's behavior. We claim to be a well developed society yet we accept barbaric behavior like that and find every excuse in the book? Based on your philosophy we should accept the rape of women and children as well because some cultures do that.

As an NFL player you have twice the responsibility of being an idol than the normal average citizen in this country. I find it absolutely absurd and disgusting for the excuses being made just because a player is an NFL player. Our moral obligations as a society is not to hail people like the Vicks but to punish them and then put them into programs where they never have access to those beings they hurt and tortured. We do that with child molesters and rapist as well.

I guess for some people morality goes out of the window when it comes to football.

I made no excuse for Vick but reading comprehension is not a strong point to some I guess. I explained the philosophy behind people that fight animals. Throw up all you like the world is not a pretty place but don't put words I never said in my mouth. I never accepted the behavior at all , you are basically talking about things you have no understanding of. This is what these repugnant human being do. Just because I say he is not a sociopath or a psychopath does not make me defending his behavior. Believe it or not morality has very little to do with the NFL or the business world. I never said once I accept his behavior, he was convicted in a court and served federal prison time for this. Please don't compare an illegal animal fighter with a rapist or a child molester because its insulting to victims of these crimes. The punishment for dog fighting is not as severe for this crime as it for these other crimes for good reason. Its quite abhorrent to think of someone killing and abusing animals , I never said any different. every person doesn't look at a dog the same way. Laws are getting much harsher for dog fighting but up until that time the max sentence he could have received was 5 years and most sentences did not even approach his. There are plenty of people in the NFL and other areas of society with less than stellar morals. There is not a team in the NFl that emphasizes morals over football.

There's a better chance of Michelle Ryan becoming monogamous than the jest eKnight ever declaring:

"What Vick did to man's best friends in the sadistic way he did is beyond reprehensible, and as bad as it was naming Mark Gastineau, a batterer of 3 women, incarcerated twice, a harasser of an ex wife, arrested for drugs and paraphernalia as well as several barroom assaults being named to the jest Ring of Honor, I'm absolutely embarrassed and mortified having my beloved team's name associated with this felonious serial canine murderer."

1pgt52-1.jpg

Lets quit comparing fighting animals to raping people because its quite a stretch. Vick knew it was illegal of course but to some animals are not beloved creatures. I personally think hunting is fairly barbaric and unnecessary for the most part but some people love to kill animals for sport, that doesn't make them psychopaths. I think bullfighting is a pitiful display but crowds flock to it where it is legal. None of this frees Vick of blame but some people are not taught the same. he grew up around dogfighting. Doesn't make it right, but he wasn't taught that these dogs used for dogfighting were anything else but sport. I grew up around many people that fought dogs and none of them thought it was some disgusting display, it was sport to them. Never liked any of those people because I have always loved dogs. A man my mom was dating tryed to fight my dog and I luckily snatched my dog as the fight was about to begin. This was not some professional dogfight just a bunch of azzholes that didn't think the same way about dogs as I do. I truly cannot understand what goes on inside a person that has no issue with dogs killing each other just as I cannot understand the contentment that many feel when they hunt. Hell I don't even like to think about how chickens, cows and pigs are slaughtered just to make me feel satisfied when I eat. Are these the same things no but none of them are pleasant thoughts to me. It bothers me to think of anyone doing those things to a dog but he is not some deranged serial killer. He was a person that fought dogs for sport and this is what they do. This is the norm among so called professional dogfighters most of which never see a day of court or jail.

There's a better chance of Michelle Ryan becoming monogamous than the jest eKnight ever declaring:

"What Vick did to man's best friends in the sadistic way he did is beyond reprehensible, and as bad as it was naming Mark Gastineau, a batterer of 3 women, incarcerated twice, a harasser of an ex wife, arrested for drugs and paraphernalia as well as several barroom assaults being named to the jest Ring of Honor, I'm absolutely embarrassed and mortified having my beloved team's name associated with this felonious serial canine murderer."

coming from the guy that excused DUIs and fathering babies and running away that is hysterical(but again, unintentionally).

what Vick did was obviously wrong but he served his time and as far as I know he's not involved in it anymore so it isn't a issue for me. Life is about learning and not repeating the same mistakes. I bring up the Ricky/Cro comparison a lot for what jerks both were but I also commend both for seemingly maturing and settling down.

for you it all matters what uni he has on, if a dolphin they can do whatever they want and it's ok, if a jet they can't do anything. I hate everything Vick did but it's time to move on- it was a few years ago in Philly. By all accounts he has grown up and is a great teammate and improving person.

Back
Top Bottom