Vikings want to trade out of #3, dolphins chance to move up? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings want to trade out of #3, dolphins chance to move up?

so you guys are pretty much sure that tannehill is irelands guy huh? did it ever occur to you that maybe ireland prefers weeden? tannehill might be younger but weeden is clearly the better qb.

Either one should do. Weeden is the better QB, so I wouldnt be upset if Cleveland gets Tannehill and we trade down in the first to pick up another 2nd or 3rd.......and draft Weeden.

We have a lot of good options. Thats why that little schit Ireland keeps grinning and telling us to wait for everything to play out.

Either one should do. Weeden is the better QB, so I wouldnt be upset if Cleveland gets Tannehill and we trade down in the first to pick up another 2nd or 3rd.......and draft Weeden.

We have a lot of good options. Thats why that little schit Ireland keeps grinning and telling us to wait for everything to play out.

we had options in 2011 as well, and instead of taking the best rb on the board, we waited til the 2nd round and took DT with 3 picks...

2010 we take a god damn DL, at 28 after trading out of 15 or wherever it was and leaving in our dust, earl thomas, ryan matthews, JPP, brandon graham, dez bryant...

we've always had options, and we seem to have a knack for choosing option f, instead of option a, b, or at the very least c.....

Hello... It's a passing league now, you don't need to have a first round RB. You do, however, need a couple of explosive players on O including a QB. How many championships has A. P. won?

Move up to the three spot for Richardson? One of the dumbest idea's I have ever heard.

Let some other sucker give away a whole bunch of picks for the chance to draft a player who has a better than even chance of busting. Better to have a lot of picks, which increases your chances of picking one who doesn't bust.

I think the reason AP has not won a championship is the same reason fins cant make the playoffs. No QB. When Farve played with AP they got to the championship game and should have won that game except for FARVE mistake and some Bounty gate late hits on him. After he left Vikings although they have good personnel cant win since then. Thats why they drafted Pnder with the 12th pick last year which was a major reach but they did it anyway. Kalil would be a great pick for them and AP and Ponder to move forward. Not sure why spielman would even consider messing with #3 pick. Not a smart move.

I want Tannehill so bad I would do that. They will want Wake though. I think QB is so much a need for this franchise that we HAVE to fix it even if it costs us elsewhere.

"Next year" is NOT an option. Even if we are 4-12 we will be out of Barkley range and Jones may not be worth it. You have to try NOW to get a QB. If it doesn't work, rinse and repeat but don't give up until you have one. The other positions can be filled other ways. If we get Tannehill there are all kinds of WR and DL and OL options in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

No, I am not sure Tannehill is their guy, but I don't see them trading up from #8 for anything other than a QB. It is more likely that Miami passes on Tannehill then trade up for another position.
I agree. Even if Tannehill is not their guy I don't think that there is any position worth trading up for other than QB for us at this point. Many of the other posters have already made the point that championship teams don't necessarily have elite RBs. The QB position is the one position worth mortgaging some of our future on.

LOL. Here is my dream scenario, never gonna happen but....... Colts shock the world and take RGIII, then the Skins, known for stupid moves, grab Richardson. Vikes trade #3 to Phins, we got Luck. OK. I am half asleep, maybe just a dream, but wouldn't that be some scenario?

P.S. Don't flame me, I was just throwing around some of the better what-if's.

Move up to the three spot for Richardson? One of the dumbest idea's I have ever heard.

yup. as good as richardson may become, still a really bad move for MIA. imo - do not trade up for anyone. in fact, trading down makes more sense. if you can't move on, decide if tannehill is your guy. if he's not, again, trade down. if you can't, take michael floyd (assuming he's there and blackmon is gone).

I like Weeden in a trade down scenario and besides he's more ready to play, but remember Moore is only 28 so unless you play Weeden right away he will be a wasted draft pick. I believe the fins will trade down to acquire more picks because QB isn't a need right now. There isn't one QB in this draft that can run the WCO where this team can compete in the first year. Watch for Dallas in a trade up to the fins spot.

"QB isn't a need right now"

Dude are you high? We have been in NEED of a QB for over a decade. We will not seriously compete in this league until we get one.

Please do not trade up in this draft. That would be a stupid move. Stay tight or trade down depending on your convictions on Tannehill, but do not trade up. Tons of value in rounds 2, 3, and 4.

Back
Top Bottom