W.b.c. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W.b.c.

MikeO said:
If he was T.O. or Moss in his interviews you would call him a "cancer". He is well spoken and doesn't rock the boat and now he's boring.

No matter what he does he will get knocked. Either way he can't win. Pete Samparas was dull and boring, AND one of the if not the greatest tennis player of all time. It's all about the numbers.

hew:sleep:

MikeO said:
When your #1 at anything people will always hate you. When AROD was in Seattle and Texas he was sorta hidden and sheltered from this. I think going to NY threw him into a shock. This being his 3rd year in NY now.....he will get even more used to it.

And I laugh at people who knock the guy every chance they get, cause if he was traded to THEIR favorite team (whatever team that is) tomorrow, you would be throwing parades in the streets and be all over him. The guy IS the best all around player in the game today. His numbers and production speak for themselves. You wanna say he isn't clutch and all of that nonsense......hey whatever. I'll take him on my team anyday of the week. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool or just blind to the facts!

No one is debating whether Arod is a great talent or not, because he is. He is one of the best if not the best all around player in the game no question. However I know know how you can say that him not being clutch is nonsense especially since you see him play everyday. He never shows up when the game is on the line. I know you'll throw out the home run against Schilling and his 10 RBI, 4 Home Run game but just look at his stat line in October. 2 for 15 with one extra base hit and 0 RBIs. As great as he is he's not clutch at this point of his career. Neither was Bonds until recently, so Arod has the chance to break out of it. Being the great talent he is, I'm sure he will sooner or later.

Korea beats Japan, clinches semis; US still alive

Team USA still has a chance to win the World Baseball Classic thanks to Korea.

Now, it's up to Roger Clemens and his teammates to take advantage of the opportunity.

Chan Ho Park and four relievers combined to pitch a six-hitter, Jong Beom Lee hit a two-run double in the eighth, and Korea beat Japan 2-1 Wednesday night to clinch a berth in the semifinals of the inaugural WBC.

The Americans, who would have been eliminated with a low-scoring win by Japan, can wrap up the other semifinal berth in Group One on Thursday with Clemens on the mound by beating Mexico.

"I'll tell you what, I don't know that I've ever been as nervous watching a baseball game as I was in this one," Team USA manager Buck Martinez said. "What a great game that was. It's a big relief, obviously. We were all very anxious for this game tonight. Japan is a very good baseball team.

"It was a well-played game, both teams showed tremendous hearts. There were great defensive plays and key pitching."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/worldclassic2006/news/story?page=260317909_WBC_06

Tremendous talent, sure. But he's a pretty boy who doesn't get his hands dirty. There's a reason Varitek gave him a mitt full of leather in 2004. It's because he epitomizes the me-first athlete of today, despite saying all the right things.

He's not only a non-clutch hitter, but he also goes completely brain dead in the field at crucial times (see the past two playoffs for examples).

It's not possible to bring cohesion to a clubhouse when you're making $250 million.

Prediction: He'll never be a world champion.

Ray Finkle said:
No one is debating whether Arod is a great talent or not, because he is. He is one of the best if not the best all around player in the game no question. However I know know how you can say that him not being clutch is nonsense especially since you see him play everyday. He never shows up when the game is on the line. I know you'll throw out the home run against Schilling and his 10 RBI, 4 Home Run game but just look at his stat line in October. 2 for 15 with one extra base hit and 0 RBIs. As great as he is he's not clutch at this point of his career. Neither was Bonds until recently, so Arod has the chance to break out of it. Being the great talent he is, I'm sure he will sooner or later.

how many chances has he had? hes been in the playoffs all of what? 3 times?

btw, i agree with your accessment so far. but like you said, he has a chance to break that, and i predict he will. also, during the season he was really clutch, he hit a lot of HRs that tied or put the yankees up last year.

PressCoverage said:
Tremendous talent, sure. But he's a pretty boy who doesn't get his hands dirty. There's a reason Varitek gave him a mitt full of leather in 2004. It's because he epitomizes the me-first athlete of today, despite saying all the right things.

He's not only a non-clutch hitter, but he also goes completely brain dead in the field at crucial times (see the past two playoffs for examples).

It's not possible to bring cohesion to a clubhouse when you're making $250 million.

Prediction: He'll never be a world champion.

ARod is a pretty boy, whos afraid to get his hands dirty?

:sidelol:

wow.

:eek:

:mexico: México!! México!! México!! :mexico:

Too bad we couldn't beat one of those 2 asian teams :(

Ray Finkle said:

When your hitting 50 home runs and driving in 140 your clutch! He isn't the reason this team has lost in the playoffs recently. Pitching has been!

I know this is going to sound harsh

but USA sports lack the heart other countries have.
It was like they were playing like they had to and not like they wanted to represent their country. i dont know maybe their making too much dam money.

finsmx said:
:eek:

:mexico: México!! México!! México!! :mexico:

Too bad we couldn't beat one of those 2 asian teams :(

:1st::clap::mdfin::dolphins:

It's weird that we can beat the US in baseball but not in soccer.

Rixon said:
I know this is going to sound harsh

but USA sports lack the heart other countries have.
It was like they were playing like they had to and not like they wanted to represent their country. i dont know maybe their making too much dam money.

1) It's the money

2) Olympics and WBC will always come 2nd compared to NBA and MLB. These guys get their bread buttered by NBA and MLB, they will never go all out for Olympics or WBC. They will go half speed or half assed and there is nothing to change that.

3) We as a country are arrogant. We assume we are the best at every sport. Times have changed. We can't just walk through every other country in sports anymore.

MikeO said:
When your hitting 50 home runs and driving in 140 your clutch! He isn't the reason this team has lost in the playoffs recently. Pitching has been!

A-Rod seems to choke in big moments but the guy who I believe to be the smartest man in baseball, Billy Beane doesn't believe anybody is clutch and I tend to agree. Beane didn't pick the team and he puts together guys who are more successful during a long season but too many guys dropped out. I think the WBC has been a success but guys who aren't US born didn't wanna play. I wanted to see the US win but not at the expense of Buehrle who is one of the lead leaders in innings pitched. I think A.J. Pierzynski should've been picked for the team, he isn't well liked in the league but I think he's a "winner" and would've been a better choice ahead of Barrett.

Back
Top Bottom