W.b.c. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W.b.c.

djfresh47 said:
A-Rod seems to choke in big moments but the guy who I believe to be the smartest man in baseball, Billy Beane doesn't believe anybody is clutch and I tend to agree. Beane didn't pick the team and he puts together guys who are more successful during a long season but too many guys dropped out. I think the WBC has been a success but guys who aren't US born didn't wanna play. I wanted to see the US win but not at the expense of Buehrle who is one of the lead leaders in innings pitched. I think A.J. Pierzynski should've been picked for the team, he isn't well liked in the league but I think he's a "winner" and would've been a better choice ahead of Barrett.

A-Rod was on some bad Seattle teams that made the playoffs. He was clutch then since he was all they had pretty much. Baeball is too difficult a sport to throw a tag on someone of not being clutch. It's stupid beyond belief. A guy (anyone not just Arod) can hit over .300, hit 40-50 home runs, drive in 130+ RBI's and because he doesn't get a base hit in the 8th inning of a game he isn't clutch????? Please.

Bottom line is this, if ARod was traded to YOUR (not you, but Joe Fan in general) favorite team tomorrow (whoever your favorite team is in general), YOUR opinion of him would change overnight. Your not going to run him out of town and your not going to say he isn't clutch. You will welcome him with open arms. He is the BEST ballplayer out there today.

Oh, and the ONLY way the WBC is a success is if they play the games in NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!

Playing them in March when these guys won't go all out and risk injury and pitchers are on pitch counts makes these games a joke! Play the games in November after the World Series. Guys might be worn down and beaten up, but at least they will go 100% with no fear! They might actually try and care!

MikeO said:
Oh, and the ONLY way the WBC is a success is if they play the games in NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!

Playing them in March when these guys won't go all out and risk injury and pitchers are on pitch counts makes these games a joke! Play the games in November after the World Series. Guys might be worn down and beaten up, but at least they will go 100% with no fear! They might actually try and care!

That would be the best option for the Americans but still guys would have to shake off rust and I still think alot of pitchers wouldn't of gone. It was a success but still isn't the biggest thing in baseball for Americans which is the season which is why Bud put the pitch count in which I think was a good idea. If Buehrle would've gone who pitches a ton of innings and would've struggled late in the year I would've said the WBC has alot to do with it. Maybe guys who aren't signed to MLB contracts should be able to pitch as much as possible but does that create and unfair advantage?

MikeO said:
A-Rod was on some bad Seattle teams that made the playoffs. He was clutch then since he was all they had pretty much. Baeball is too difficult a sport to throw a tag on someone of not being clutch. It's stupid beyond belief. A guy (anyone not just Arod) can hit over .300, hit 40-50 home runs, drive in 130+ RBI's and because he doesn't get a base hit in the 8th inning of a game he isn't clutch????? Please.

Bottom line is this, if ARod was traded to YOUR (not you, but Joe Fan in general) favorite team tomorrow (whoever your favorite team is in general), YOUR opinion of him would change overnight. Your not going to run him out of town and your not going to say he isn't clutch. You will welcome him with open arms. He is the BEST ballplayer out there today.

I don't think one man makes a team and pitching wins out IMO. Like I said before i'm with Billy Beane and that is that nobody is really clutch they perform to there average more often than not. I would love to see A-Rod play SS instead of Juan Uribe and think he's a much better player than Joe Crede, but I think it comes down to how a team is constructed. To get off the WBC an onto the player who would've put USA probably in the round of 4, how nervous did Bud seem when he was asked questions about Bonds? I would have to think Bud has a great PR guy and would've loved to just talk about the WBC but for a moment Bud was speechless and Miller kept ranting.

MikeO said:

Yeah, I'm sure that's the case.... Just look at the way Culpepper is being warmly received by 100% of the fans here...

I was ecstatic that the Red Sox' deal for A-Rod fell through... ECSTATIC... So, please don't speak for everyone... In fact, don't speak for anyone...

PressCoverage said:
Yeah, I'm sure that's the case.... Just look at the way Culpepper is being warmly received by 100% of the fans here...

I was ecstatic that the Red Sox' deal for A-Rod fell through... ECSTATIC... So, please don't speak for everyone... In fact, don't speak for anyone...

every post you put up you bash AROD, go look at your post history from the past 2 weeks. You clearly have some issues with him!

And Culpepper isn't the best player in the league. Trade Peyton Manning here and EVERY Dolphins fan would be happy!! That is a bad comparison on your part.

Because I take pleasure in helping keep accountable A-Rob's clutch futility doesn't mean I have any "issues" with him... Especially if it untucks Yankees fans' shirts.... But good try!!!!

I think he's a hotdog and a divisive clubhouse presense, even if unintentional... I'm sorry if that hurts your Yankee feelings, but I take great pleasure in watching him fail...

As for the football analogy, the point you are trying to make is that everyone would love to have the superstar... That is totally untrue as an absolute ...

As for Manning, you're wrong once again... Not only is his disproportionate salary hurting the Colts badly, but he has yet to perform in the clutch either... I would NOT want Peyton Manning on this team at his current salary, no, and I'm quite sure a lot of people would feel the same.... So once again, please don't speak for everyone... In fact, don't speak for anyone...

When is it ok to just be a $100 millionaire? Why does a player have to be a $200 millionaire?

Put it this way

Im glad A-rod is/was on the team

But everytime he stepped to the plate and we were behingd I was thinking 'Oh well its up to someone else'

We didnt deserve to win the wbc, but I hope we do next time

Take away that farce of a game against South Africa, A-Rob's numbers went like this:

4-for-17, 0 runs scored, 2 RBIs, 2 walks, 6 strikeouts, 10 LOB...

Jeter?

5-for-17, 1 run scored, 0 RBIs, 1 walk, 1 strikeout, 5 LOB...

Damon 1-for-4 with a triple...

Just too many Yankees...

PressCoverage said:
Because I take pleasure in helping keep accountable A-Rob's clutch futility doesn't mean I have any "issues" with him... Especially if it untucks Yankees fans' shirts.... But good try!!!!

I think he's a hotdog and a divisive clubhouse presense, even if unintentional... I'm sorry if that hurts your Yankee feelings, but I take great pleasure in watching him fail...

As for the football analogy, the point you are trying to make is that everyone would love to have the superstar... That is totally untrue as an absolute ...

As for Manning, you're wrong once again... Not only is his disproportionate salary hurting the Colts badly, but he has yet to perform in the clutch either... I would NOT want Peyton Manning on this team at his current salary, no, and I'm quite sure a lot of people would feel the same.... So once again, please don't speak for everyone... In fact, don't speak for anyone...

When is it ok to just be a $100 millionaire? Why does a player have to be a $200 millionaire?

So you don't want Peyton Manning on your football team and you don't want AROD on your baseball team. :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Ok, nuff said. You just showed the world your sports knowledge! :sidelol:

PressCoverage said:
Take away that farce of a game against South Africa, A-Rob's numbers went like this:

4-for-17, 0 runs scored, 2 RBIs, 2 walks, 6 strikeouts, 10 LOB...

Jeter?

5-for-17, 1 run scored, 0 RBIs, 1 walk, 1 strikeout, 5 LOB...

Damon 1-for-4 with a triple...

Just too many Yankees...

NO, you don't have issues when it comes to the Yankees! :sidelol: :sidelol: And its the "PLAYERS" fault that a team wants to pay them alot of money??? SO, if I offered you $200 mill you would say no......I only need $100 mill! :wink:

And Johnny Damon hasn't played 1 game for the Yankees yet! lol......dude, you need to join an "AA" type of club for Yankee haters. You have serious issues!

And I like how you can just change ARODs numbers to fit YOUR argument! :rolleyes2 Yeah, that's fair. Take away 400 of Marino's TD passes and he only has 20 for his career. He was an f'n terrible QB!:sidelol: :sidelol:

Smileys aren't supporting your argument, no matter how many you provide...

The South Africa game (one game) captures my point completely... He pads his stats against inferior teams and weak pitching in blowout games... Then, when the heat is on, he a far far less productive hitter...

An "issue" would indicate that the Yankees vex me somehow... They don't... I take great pleasure in watching their annual $200 million dollar failures...

As for A-Rod and Peyton Manning, again... Show me their championship. ... You're right, I wouldn't want them on my team if i had a choice, in this fantasy scenario you propose. ... Give me Tom Brady, or David Ortiz, and you can have your overpaid choke artists... Mmm-kay?

PressCoverage said:
Smileys aren't supporting your argument...

The South Africa game (one game) captures my point completely... He pads his stats against inferior teams and weak pitching in blowout games... Then, when the heat is on, he a far far less productive hitter...

An "issue" would indicate that the Yankees vex me somehow... They don't... I take great pleasure in watching their annual $200 million dollar failures...

As for A-Rod and Peyton Manning, again... Show me their championship. ... You're right, I wouldn't want them on my team if i had a choice, in this fantasy scenario you propose. ... Give me Tom Brady, or David Ortiz, and you can have your overpaid choke artists... Mmm-kay?

You just labeld Johnny Damon as a "choke artist" in another thread. Didn't he win the Red Sox a ring??? Yet now he is in NY he is a "choke artist" because of what he did in the WBC! :sidelol:

And the Yankees are failures? Let's see.......won 4 rings in 5 years. In the playoffs every year. Win the division every year for 10 years straight......yeah, I will take that kind of failure every year. It is unrealistic to expect a team to win the World Series EVERY season! I don't care what the payroll is.

I understand you hate the Yanks and thats cool and all. But when you post things like you wouldn't want AROD on your team (or Manning on the fins) you lose ALL CREDIBILITY! If you are a fan of a team you want your team to have the best players (who aren't murderes or killers or something). You take your Yankee hate to the 1,000,000,000th degree and you come off looking like a fool. I don't like the Red Sox and Schilling, I think he is a pompus ***. But if I could get him on the Yanks tomorrow, I would take him!!!!! Because he is an upgrade and a good player! :shakeno: I'm not gonna take the Red Sox hate to such a degree that I would say something stupid like......"I don't want Schilling on my team"

And Tom Brady is a good QB and a winner and all. But he is a product of the system and playing for GREAT coaches. Put Brady in Houston, Minnesota, or Cleveland and he ain't winning no rings.

MikeO said:
And Tom Brady is a good QB and a winner and all. But he is a product of the system and playing for GREAT coaches. Put Brady in Houston, Minnesota, or Cleveland and he ain't winning no rings.

Neither does Peyton Manning what's your point.. Every QB is a product of the system.. Peyton has an All-pro RB, and 2 All-pro WR, if he was in Houston he would have Dominick Davis and a Andre Johnson and and awful line.. You think Kurt Warners great seasons had to do with the fact the he is a great QB or the fact he had Marshall Faulk, Issac Bruce, Tory Holt, Proehl and others..

Back
Top Bottom