W.b.c. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W.b.c.

MikeO said:
You just labeld Johnny Damon as a "choke artist" in another thread. Didn't he win the Red Sox a ring??? Yet now he is in NY he is a "choke artist" because of what he did in the WBC! :sidelol:

And the Yankees are failures? Let's see.......won 4 rings in 5 years. In the playoffs every year. Win the division every year for 10 years straight......yeah, I will take that kind of failure every year. It is unrealistic to expect a team to win the World Series EVERY season! I don't care what the payroll is.

I understand you hate the Yanks and thats cool and all. But when you post things like you wouldn't want AROD on your team (or Manning on the fins) you lose ALL CREDIBILITY! If you are a fan of a team you want your team to have the best players (who aren't murderes or killers or something). You take your Yankee hate to the 1,000,000,000th degree and you come off looking like a fool. I don't like the Red Sox and Schilling, I think he is a pompus ***. But if I could get him on the Yanks tomorrow, I would take him!!!!! Because he is an upgrade and a good player! :shakeno: I'm not gonna take the Red Sox hate to such a degree that I would say something stupid like......"I don't want Schilling on my team"

Of course you would.... Because Schilling is a winner... I'd take Jeter on the Red Sox in a heartbeat... So, whoops, there goes your argument...

It's terrific to harp back to your successes of the late 90s, when you upped the ante on player payroll. But really, that's not at all what I'm referring to here. I'm talking about the near 1 billion dollars your hero owner has pissed away since his last title. Who looks like a fool?

As for Damon, I never said he was a choke artist, I merely said he want 1-for-4 in the WBC... Now you're making things up... However, now that he's with New York, and his attention-craving woman has equal spotlight and he's with all the other Rolls Royces in the clubhouse, here's another prediction: He'll never win another title either.

Face it: Your favorite team has no cohesion, no youth and no patience. History tells me that's a bad, bad precedent.

MikeO said:
And Tom Brady is a good QB and a winner and all. But he is a product of the system and playing for GREAT coaches. Put Brady in Houston, Minnesota, or Cleveland and he ain't winning no rings.

Yes, i'm sure Brady is just a product of the system.

Give me a team full of unselfish, talented men like Brady, and give you a team full of stat padders, and mine will whoop yours 9 out of 10.

Rooting for the Colts were you in the 03 and 04 playoffs? I made a killing on both games. Brady's a better quarterback. Ortiz is a better hitter.

PressCoverage said:
Yes, i'm sure Brady is just a product of the system.

Give me a team full of unselfish, talented men like Brady, and give you a team full of stat padders, and mine will whoop yours 9 out of 10.

Rooting for the Colts were you in the 03 and 04 playoffs? I made a killing on both games. Brady's a better quarterback. Ortiz is a better hitter.

Brady isn't a better QB. He had a better defense and better coaches.

He's a better quarterback. Try, try as you might.

There were throws to be made by Manning in the playoffs the last 7 seasons, and he hasn't made them. All the way back to the Titans loss in '99. Those throws had nothing to do with the Colts defense.

You (among others) are so caught up on payroll like the money is coming out of your pocket. I will never get it.

And since the Sox are #2 in payroll when they don't win (like last year) are they overpaid choke artists as well? And Schilling doesn't split a clubhouse?? LOL, I guess you missed it last year when the team was fighting over whether he should be the closer or be starting. yeah, cohesion! lol

PressCoverage said:
He's a better quarterback. Try, try as you might.

There were throws to be made by Manning in the playoffs the last 7 seasons, and he hasn't made them. All the way back to the Titans loss in '99. Those throws had nothing to do with the Colts defense.

In 99' he was in his 2nd year, give the guy a break! If you think Brady is a "better" QB than Manning your nuts. It's Marino-Montana all over again. Put Dan on those SF teams and he will have all hte rings and Montana would have nothing.

Put Manning on the Pats, and he has all the rings. Brady isn't a bad QB by any means, but Manning is better. And if your starting an expansion franchsie tomorrow, everyone with a brain would take Manning over Brady!

Ah yes, of course... Point to the second-ranked payroll team to deflect the collossal failures of your own...

But we're not really talking about the Red Sox here, now are we? We're talking about your favorite team, and their negative effect on the w.b.c.

MikeO said:
In 99' he was in his 2nd year, give the guy a break! If you think Brady is a "better" QB than Manning your nuts. It's Marino-Montana all over again. Put Dan on those SF teams and he will have all hte rings and Montana would have nothing.

Put Manning on the Pats, and he has all the rings. Brady isn't a bad QB by any means, but Manning is better. And if your starting an expansion franchsie tomorrow, everyone with a brain would take Manning over Brady!

Well gosh, Marino did awfully well in HIS second year. Why not the guy you just made a comparison to?

I guess I must be without a brain, because that decision is a no-brainer to me... I select Tom Brady.

Your Marino-Montana parallel is ridiculous, because Marino's contract wasn't holding the rest of the team back. Regardless, I do feel Montana was a slightlly better quarterback. Sorry. Marino was a better pure thrower, but Montana the better quarterback.

PressCoverage said:
Ah yes, of course... Point to the second-ranked payroll team to deflect the collossal failures of your own...

But we're not really talking about the Red Sox here, now are we? We're talking about your favorite team, and their negative effect on the w.b.c.

Yeah, I guess you never heard of the word DOUBLE-STANDARD! :sidelol:

PressCoverage said:
Well gosh, Marino did awfully well in HIS second year. Why not the guy you just made a comparison to?

I guess I must be without a brain, because that decision is a no-brainer to me... I select Tom Brady.

Your Marino-Montana parallel is ridiculous, because Marino's contract wasn't holding the rest of the team back. Regardless, I do feel Montana was a slightlly better quarterback. Sorry. Marino was a better pure thrower, but Montana the better quarterback.

Marino didn't walk into a 3-13 or 1-15 team like Manning did. The Phins were in the Super Bowl in 82 and in 84 when he started they were still a top team in the league!

Manning's contract isn't holding the Colts back. Bad draft picks on defense and poor coaching is. What is it with you and money? I have never seen anyone so resentful of people who make money. Every post with you is about Arods contract, Yankees payroll, how much Manning makes. My god, get over the money aspect. All athletes make big money. Teams spend lots of money. You are consumed with money!

MikeO said:
When your hitting 50 home runs and driving in 140 your clutch! He isn't the reason this team has lost in the playoffs recently. Pitching has been!

I guess you're blocking out every Game 4, 5, and 6 of the 2004 ALCS. Winning run on 3rd base with 2 outs in extra innings and Timlin gets Arod to strike out in Game 5. Or what about Game 6 and the famous slap? How about Game 5 of the 2005 ALDS, when he grounded into a double play ending the Yankee season? No Arod isn't the only reason why the Yankees haven't won anything but when you're considered one of the best players in the game he should be putting up numbers in the playoffs.

I honestly don't know how you can sit there with a straight face and say Arod is clutch. But hey if you have confidence in him to get the winning hit more power to you but you're one in the minority ofYankee fans that think Arod is clutch.

MikeO said:
And since the Sox are #2 in payroll when they don't win (like last year) are they overpaid choke artists as well? And Schilling doesn't split a clubhouse?? LOL, I guess you missed it last year when the team was fighting over whether he should be the closer or be starting. yeah, cohesion! lol

Actually Mike, if you remember correctly there wasn't a fight about Schilling being closer, in fact Johnny Damon was the only one that said Schilling shouldn't be the closer and that Timlin should be. There was no fight in the clubhouse about it, it was just the good old Boston media trying to turn a non story into the next big disaster in Red Sox Nation (also see the "Manny Ramirez refusing to play" incident).

Schilling isn't a model citizen by any means.

Ray Finkle said:
I guess you're blocking out every Game 4, 5, and 6 of the 2004 ALCS. Winning run on 3rd base with 2 outs in extra innings and Timlin gets Arod to strike out in Game 5. Or what about Game 6 and the famous slap? How about Game 5 of the 2005 ALDS, when he grounded into a double play ending the Yankee season? No Arod isn't the only reason why the Yankees haven't won anything but when you're considered one of the best players in the game he should be putting up numbers in the playoffs.

I honestly don't know how you can sit there with a straight face and say Arod is clutch. But hey if you have confidence in him to get the winning hit more power to you but you're one in the minority ofYankee fans that think Arod is clutch.

I never said AROD was clutch :shakeno: . What I am saying is he is the best player in baseball today. Period. And any fan of any team wouldn't complain if he was traded to their team today! (Example: if your a Dodgers fan and they go and trade for Arod tomorrow, you think Dodgers fans are gonna get hung up on the fact he isnt CLUTCH??!?!?!?!) lol, yeah right!

And to be pissed at him because some stupid owner in Texas gave him a stupid contract is also a dumb stance to take. If an owner wants to pay him $250 mill over the life of a contract, he has to take it. ANYONE WOULD HAVE TO TAKE IT. So to hold his contract against him is a joke. And he cant give money back, HE WANTED TO WHEN A TRADE TO BOSTON WAS IN PLACE AND THE UNION WOULDN'T LET HIM!:shakeno:

So if I guy hits 50 home runs in innings 1-6 but only 3 in innings 7-9, he isn't clutch?? That is stupid beyond belief. I don't think anyone in baseball is "clutch". In a sport where you fail 7 out of 10 times and hit .300 and you are considered great, it is impossible to label anyone as "CLUTCH". Sure, every 50 years or so someone like Ortiz goes on a run for a year or two and hits every big hit in big games. OK, Ortiz is clutch. Nobody is arguing that. But now give me the list of MLB players today that are clutch and back them all up with a resume....

Ray Finkle said:
Actually Mike, if you remember correctly there wasn't a fight about Schilling being closer, in fact Johnny Damon was the only one that said Schilling shouldn't be the closer and that Timlin should be. There was no fight in the clubhouse about it, it was just the good old Boston media trying to turn a non story into the next big disaster in Red Sox Nation (also see the "Manny Ramirez refusing to play" incident).

Schilling isn't a model citizen by any means.

Damon had teamates who supported his stance according to many reports..

The entire point was AROD never split a clubhouse like someone else claimed. Just because he makes a lot of money he doesn't split a clubhouse. Christ everyone in that clubhouse makes a ton of money! Neither has Schilling if what you say is correct.

MikeO said:
And any fan of any team wouldn't complain if he was traded to their team today!

Once again... stick to speaking for Yankee fans... Not everyone....

Because I wouldn't want him. For the same money, I would prefer 3 or 4 other All-Stars or solid players, combined.

But then, money's not an object as Yankees can attest to.

Back
Top Bottom