We are now at # 7 in the draft order | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are now at # 7 in the draft order

yep...i think when it's all said and done it's #7 overall for us also...

And if Indianapolis upsets Houston this Thursday...watch out. Steve Ross will probably be the most aggressive owner in the NFL when it comes to pursuing an Andrew Luck trade.

At the #9 pick we can say goodbye to Luck, Barkley and RG3. I am not saying we should tank the last two games, but winning another game means we won't have nothing but crumbs at QB. I would trade down and then just go with the BPA's...or see if the Colts are serious about moving Manning, as long as he can pass a medical exam.

1. Indianapolis (1-13)
  2. Minnesota (2-12)
  3. St. Louis (2-12)
  4. Jacksonville (4-10)
  5. Cleveland (4-10)
  6. Tampa Bay (4-10)
  7. Washington (5-9)
  8. Carolina (5-9)
  9. Miami (5-9)
  10. Buffalo (5-9)
  11. Philadelphia (6-8)
  12. Kansas City (6-8)
  13. Tennessee (7-7)
  14. Arizona (7-7)
  15. Seattle (7-7)
  16. San Diego (7-7)
  17. Cincinnati - from Oakland (7-7)
  18. Chicago (7-7)
  19. Dallas (8-6)
  20. Cincinnati (8-6)
  21. New York Jets* (8-6)
  22. Cleveland - from Atlanta* (9-5)
  23. Detroit* (9-5)
  24. Houston* (10-4)
  25. New York Giants* (7-7)
  26. Denver* (8-6)
  27. Pittsburgh* (10-4)
  28. San Francisco* (11-3)
  29. Baltimore* (10-4)
  30. New England - from New Orleans* (11-3)
  31. New England* (11-3)
  32. Green Bay* (13-1)

I think it was Washington that moved down the order and we passed them up. I thought head to head mattered in this but according to the radio this morning it doesn't have anything to do with the order, its only SOS.

i don't think this is accurate rugby...truths got a thread in the draft forum with current picks...and we're #9...

I heard it on the Joe Rose show and they talked a lot about it. That we are now # 7 and Washington is # 8 due to their beating the Giants on the road, is considered a better win than our beating the Bills. It changed the SOS enough that they moved behind us.

well we will probably end up 5-11 so we might move up a spot or two

I heard it on the Joe Rose show and they talked a lot about it. That we are now # 7 and Washington is # 8 due to their beating the Giants on the road, is considered a better win than our beating the Bills. It changed the SOS enough that they moved behind us.

Can anyone confirm this? I could've sworn we were 9th, but that would be great.

this is the system

Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. The team with the lowest strength of schedule percentage wins the tiebreaker and picks ahead of all other teams with the same record.
• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.
• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage

And if Indianapolis upsets Houston this Thursday...watch out. Steve Ross will probably be the most aggressive owner in the NFL when it comes to pursuing an Andrew Luck trade.
Probably. Weren't there rumors that Ross is pretty much obsessed with Luck?

Assuming this thread is correct, and we are indeed #7 we are still screwed and have to trade up. Obviously Indy is taking Luck, and the only team I can honestly say will NOT take a QB is St Louis because of the amount of money they have tied up on Bradford, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. I am hearing that Tampa is going to fire R. Morris so if the new HC doesnt like Josh Freeman they too will be looking to take a QB, but I wouldnt be upset getting Bradford, Freeman, Cassel or one of the rookies from this year to groom them behind Moore. Jax might be taking a QB because Gabbert struggled, and Minny also could be regretting taking Ponder. I hope none of these teams trade down, and we get our QB but its not seeming that way.

1. Indianapolis (1-13)
  2. Minnesota (2-12)
  3. St. Louis (2-12)
  4. Jacksonville (4-10)
  5. Cleveland (4-10)
  6. Tampa Bay (4-10)
  7. Washington (5-9)
  8. Carolina (5-9)
  9. Miami (5-9)

he was obsessed with harbaugh and we know how all that turned out. I doubt Indy trades the pick

I would offer them my first round pick, Cameron Wake and Randy Starks but I doubt they would take it even though they get two stout nfl defenders in the deal.

Minnesota, St. Louis, Tampa, Jacksonville and Carolina won't be picking QBs. I highly doubt Cleveland will either; they seem content with McCoy. The only teams we'd have to worry about are Indy and Washington; then again Dan Snyder is not the smartest guy in the world so who's to say the Redskins will be smart enough to pick a QB? Our final 2 games are losses I think (and hope, so we can get our franchise QB FINALLY), so we should be able to get ahead of Washington in the draft.

There is also no sure proof that Indy will select a QB since Manning still has 2-3 good years left, and if they do how do you know its going to be Luck? What if Barkley and Griffin shine at the pro days? Indy could select Tannehill or Weeden in the 2nd round and groom him under Manning for 2-3 years for all we know.

Regardless, if all 3 QBs come out we will be high enough to get one of them and I'd be ECSTATIC with either Luck, Barkley or Griffin. They're all good to me.

Don't be so sure about Jax. Blaine Gabbert has looked pretty awful at times. I'm worried about them being ahead of us.

Back
Top Bottom