We could have had Couch instead of Feeley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We could have had Couch instead of Feeley

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Think about it. We could have Tim Couch, the number 1 pick in the draft overall, instead of Feeley.

Couch was the Eli of his draft. The Carson Palmer. The franchise QB.

He went to Cleveland and they failed to put anything around him. H

Yet, he has more experience than Feeley and more potential. He has been through the pressure of starting week in and week out, and knows how to handle fans booing him off the field, which can happen in Miami.

Couch would have likely cost less than Feeley as well since the Browns wanted to move him.

Its just sad.

He went to Cleveland and he failed is the truth.

They gave him Andre Davis, Kevin Johnson, Dennis Northcutt, Quincy Morgan, William Green, etc. And he couldn't do it. He was a product of Hal Mumme's system in Kentucky. The guy is a bust and he has no potential. He's played 5 years and done squat. You have likely never seen Feeley play, who has a tonne of upside, but you're not willing to give him a shot. IT'S MAY. This thread is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couch had nothing around him?

William Green, Lee Suggs, Dennis Northcutt, Andre King, Andre Davis, Quincy Morgan??

If I remember correctly....

As Tim Couch stunk up the field two years ago Kelly Holcombe had no problem winning.

Couch is NOT an upgrade.

Boomer said:

They gave him Andre Davis, Kevin Johnson, Dennis Northcutt, Quincy Morgan, William Green, etc. And he couldn't do it. He was a product of Hal Mumme's system in Kentucky. The guy is a bust and he has no potential. He's played 5 years and done squat. You have likely never seen Feeley play, who has a tonne of upside, but you're not willing to give him a shot. IT'S MAY. This thread is ridiculous.

Ya beat me to it!

Yea! What he said.

Boomer said:

Wow first time I've seen Boomer cranky.

You know you just got whooped when the thread makes Boomer cranky :tongue:

Dolfan4life said:
Think about it. We could have Tim Couch, the number 1 pick in the draft overall, instead of Feeley.

Couch was the Eli of his draft. The Carson Palmer. The franchise QB.

He went to Cleveland and they failed to put anything around him. H

Yet, he has more experience than Feeley and more potential. He has been through the pressure of starting week in and week out, and knows how to handle fans booing him off the field, which can happen in Miami.

Couch would have likely cost less than Feeley as well since the Browns wanted to move him.

Its just sad.

What REALLY is sad is the list of "miss cleos" that troll this site !!!

How do YOU know that T Couch WOULD or COULD be an upgrade to AJ when Feeley has yet to run this offense in a game situation ?????

Why do you think that Couch will be released ? Don't you think that if there was even the slightest possibility that Couch could be successful as the Browns starting qb that the trade and release rumors would be false ??

T Couch is a slightly more improved version of R Leaf !!

:shakeno:

Marino1983

Sorry, I have to defend Tim Couch alittle bit, the Browns didn't give him what a QB needs most an offensive line. Living up here in Ohio I get to watch all the Browie games As far as the players you listed the only one to prove anything in the NFL is KJ, Davis looks like he could be a player, Northcutt is a third receiver + returner who thinks he's a number 1 receiver, Quincy (I drop more than I catch) Morgan is a joke. Last but not least Willie Green had half a good season, but has probable lost the starting job to Sluggs

Yeah, Where's Ryan Leaf...we need a good QB here since already two mini-camps have taken place and neither JF nor AJ have proven that they are the next Brett Favre or Dan Marino....let's tar and feather all three of the QBs so that they have to go after someone else !!!

Seriously....Tim Couch ??? The same Tim Couch that couldn't wrestle the starting job in CLEVELAND (no less) from Kelly Holcomb ??? Give me a break....another ridiculus thread....

Couch just couldn`t quite make that next step performancewise to prove he was worthy of being the 1# pick. He showed flashes of brilliance, but Holcomb was clearly the better of the two. Too bad too, because the guy lit it up in college, but UK ain`t exactly on a par with the NFL.

HofCityFan said:
Sorry, I have to defend Tim Couch alittle bit, the Browns didn't give him what a QB needs most an offensive line. Living up here in Ohio I get to watch all the Browie games As far as the players you listed the only one to prove anything in the NFL is KJ, Davis looks like he could be a player, Northcutt is a third receiver + returner who thinks he's a number 1 receiver, Quincy (I drop more than I catch) Morgan is a joke. Last but not least Willie Green had half a good season, but has probable lost the starting job to Sluggs

Well hell......

Give us your defense for Fiedler while your at it. :lol:

Gadsden, Chambers (first 2 years), Lamar Smith, James Mcknight, Dedric Ward, a turnstyle offensive line, and three different coordinators.

WTF??? If we are going to make excuses Fiedler's excuses top them all!

The fact is that Couch's arm isn't that good and he isn't overly accurate. He's had 5 years to shown them something. And they're choosing Kelly Holcombe and Jeff Garcia over him.

He may have been the "Eli" of his draft. But he's also the Andre Ware of his draft. And I'll take the Donnovan McNabb and Dante Culpepper of that draft any day of the week.

TIM COUCH was never given a good offense or a line to work with BUT i still don't want him.We need a gamer like delhomme(or even that low life brady)someone who is a play maker and a leader.forget all the scouting reports who shows up on sunday is what's important not who can throw the best spiral!

HofCityFan said:

Yeah, I'd say the Browns didn't give him what a quarterback needs the most. Unfortunately, what I'm talking about and what you are talking about are two different things.

The Browns can't give Tim Couch what he needs, because what Tim Couch needs is an arm and accuracy. Arm strength and accuracy is what Tim Couch doesn't have, and that stuff is God-given, not Browns-given.

So what if he was the #1 pick in the draft! The reason he went #1 was the numbers he put up at Kentucky. There is really no difference in the system Tim Couch played in and the system that Andre Ware and David Klingler played in. If you paid attention to the talent that is needed to play at the pro level, you would have seen that Tim Couch didn't have it. Unfortunately, even scouts let outside factors effect their grades. Sometimes, scouts don't stay true to their grading system, and they will bump a player simply because of public perception.

For example, take Russ Lande. In his book, Lande had Couch rated as the 6th best quarterback in the 1999 draft based on his grading system and around the 50th best player in the draft. He didn't change his rankings though, but obviously, some scouts did.

Actually the Browns did bring in olinemen - Orlando Brown, Ross Verba, they drafted Melvin Fowler, they drafted Jeff Faine, the #1 center on my board last year, etc etc. He just couldn't get it done.

Back
Top Bottom