We could have had Couch instead of Feeley | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We could have had Couch instead of Feeley

Sherif said:
Couch has a higher passer rating than
Fiedler.

Actually, Fiedler's career QB rating is 78.1, while Couch's is 75.1. A full three points higher.

NCFINFAN38 said:
You people just don't get the logic behind the post. He is exactly right. At least Couch has played a little in the NFL.

Yeah, he played and he failed. Next question.

You people seem to think just because no one can for sure say AJ is a complete failure, that that some how makes him an all-star. AJ was a backup in college and a lucky-to-make the roster 3rd string in the pros.

Actually, he was a starter in college and lost his job after suffering a severe elbow injury. He sure didn't look "lucky" when he was a missed FG away from 6-0 down the stretch in '02.

And who says A.J. is an all star?? Obviously we don't know what he'll be.

The rest of the post is complete nonsense. So I won't bother with it.

NCFINFAN38 said:
You just proved my point. The Jets NEARLY gave up a "3rd" but knew they were overpaying. They were gonna do that when they HAD to have someone. We were in a better position, having a whole offseason to find someone with some experience, and yet we gave them a 2nd. But the bigger point is the NEARLY part. The Jets came to their senses before making pulling the trigger. RS won't see the light until 2 or 3 weeks into the season.

You know what would have been really dumb?? To give up a 3rd round pick for a QB when you've already got an established 27-year old franchise QB on the roster. THAT'S why the Jets didn't pull the trigger. But the fact that they almost did anyway speaks volumes. Whether they felt Feeley all by himself wasn't worth the pick is purely speculation on your part.

As for not giving him a chance, that is where you are dead wrong about me at least. If he comes out and sets the league on fire I will tell ya I was wrong about him, unlike all the Jay bashers here who could never admit when he had great games.

That still does not amount to giving him a chance. Giving him a chance would be "Wait and see". But you seem to have already branded him to be a failure.

As for it not being like the Walker trade, how can you say that. We way over paid for a player that has the rest of the league scratching their heads. At least in the Walker trade they were getting a proven commodity. I guess from that stand point it is not the same.

Compare the trades.......

Hershel Walker = 5 players, 6 picks (largest player trade in NFL history)
A.J. Feeley = 1 pick

Looks just a little bit different from here.

I have been reading your posts alot nc38, seems to me like you have nothing better to due then try and get into arguments with other people on this board. You have no basis for anything you say and everyone knows it.

KAISER said:
I have been reading your posts alot nc38, seems to me like you have nothing better to due then try and get into arguments with other people on this board. You have no basis for anything you say and everyone knows it.
Kaiser,

Welcome to the board. Unfortunately, I have to tell you that these forums are not here for people to take each other's personal inventories. Please discuss the merits of posted comments on their particulars. Comments like the above aren't acceptable, no matter how much you may disagree with someone else. Hit him on the facts, Kaiser, and let it go from there. Thanks.

P4E

It is good to know Miami has more fans who beat the crap out of eachother than other teams do. I mean darn, where did al this i hate the team whining come from. I mean it is like half the fans of this team have PMS! Dolfanreal69

The Jets were going to give Philly a 3rd for Feeley..

Miami gave Philly a 2nd next year for Feeley.

According to NFL trade boards, those 2 are equivalent.

A 2nd rounder next year = A 3rd rounder this year.

NCFINFAN38 said:
You just proved my point. The Jets NEARLY gave up a "3rd" but knew they were overpaying. They were gonna do that when they HAD to have someone. We were in a better position, having a whole offseason to find someone with some experience, and yet we gave them a 2nd. But the bigger point is the NEARLY part. The Jets came to their senses before making pulling the trigger. RS won't see the light until 2 or 3 weeks into the season.

As for not giving him a chance, that is where you are dead wrong about me at least. If he comes out and sets the league on fire I will tell ya I was wrong about him, unlike all the Jay bashers here who could never admit when he had great games.

As for it not being like the Walker trade, how can you say that. We way over paid for a player that has the rest of the league scratching their heads. At least in the Walker trade they were getting a proven commodity. I guess from that stand point it is not the same.

How am I proving your point? My point is that DESPITE the Jets having a proven commodity - one of the leagues best players, in Chad Pennington - they still almost gave up a 3rd for AJ. The reason they didn't? Because they got a better than expected prognosis for Pennington's return, plus, they decided that a combo of Testeverde and the kid they really like Brooks Bollinger could handle the load. But if they hadn't have had such a positive prognosis, Feeley would have been a Jet. That is not proving your point, simply disproving your theory that we are the "laughing stock of the league". We had no proven commodity waiting to come back.

The Herschel Walker trade was a 5 player for 1 trade. This is a 1 player for a 2nd round pick trade. That's like trying to argue that Peru is the same size as China.

Dolfan4life said:
Think about it. We could have Tim Couch, the number 1 pick in the draft overall, instead of Feeley.

Couch was the Eli of his draft. The Carson Palmer. The franchise QB.

He went to Cleveland and they failed to put anything around him. H

Yet, he has more experience than Feeley and more potential. He has been through the pressure of starting week in and week out, and knows how to handle fans booing him off the field, which can happen in Miami.

Couch would have likely cost less than Feeley as well since the Browns wanted to move him.

Its just sad.

And? I could have had a Firehouse steak sub last night instead of a cheap crappy bic mac. I could also have had my soda too I was just to lazy to make an u-turn.

The Cowboys got 5 players and a slew of draft picks for Walker. Yes you overpaid for Feeley, but no it's not even close to the Walker trade.

Back
Top Bottom