We could have had Couch instead of Feeley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We could have had Couch instead of Feeley

I wouldn't trade AJ for Couch. I watched him a lot at UK and I never thought he was worth the #1 pick. I haven't seen enough of AJ to be sure that he will or won't be the man, but I've seen enough of Couch to be sure he won't be the man. I'll take a maybe over a definately not everytime.

Couch would have probably cost us less in terms of what we would have to give up to get him but he would command a higher salary than Feeley. I don't like the Feeley trade because of what we gave up for him, but I wouldn't have been happy if we traded for Couch. He is a bust.

Dolfan4life said:
Think about it. We could have Tim Couch, the number 1 pick in the draft overall, instead of Feeley.

Couch was the Eli of his draft. The Carson Palmer. The franchise QB.

He went to Cleveland and they failed to put anything around him. H

Yet, he has more experience than Feeley and more potential. He has been through the pressure of starting week in and week out, and knows how to handle fans booing him off the field, which can happen in Miami.

Couch would have likely cost less than Feeley as well since the Browns wanted to move him.

Its just sad.

Your first sentence told me your entire post was rather weak imo........so he was a number one pick 5 years ago huh........he MUST be good right???? :shakeno: :o

Thank god for Boomer and Zod!!! If everybody thought so irrationally, we would trade away Ricky Williams to the Jets for Marvin Jones becaus RW fumbled twice in a preseason minicamp... Calm down people, its MAY!! Just because there's hardly anything interesting to talk about doesn't mean you should turn relatively menial discussions into "good" ones by making an @sshole of yourself!

We could get Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, David Klingler, Rick Mirer, Jim Druckenmiller (again), Cade McNown (again), Heath Shuler, Dan McGwire, Todd Marinovich, Andre Ware, Kelly Stouffer, Chuck Long, and Art Schlichter. They could battle for the starting job.

One of them has to be great....

Whether the browns oL was any good or not, the fact remains that Holcombe won with the same team tho. ;)

The biggest thing to me for a quarter back is for the guy to elevate the team as a whole. A great quarterback will take what he's given and mold it into a winning team. When it comes down to it football is a TEAM sport. Adding one player will not win you the game, but his leadership can inspire the team to rise above themselves. Some of the greatest QB's were the worst players in terms of talent, but when they were on the field the rest of the team played like hall of famers. Cause they believed in someone. Holcombe won cause he inspired his team. Holcombe saw them as his brothers. Couch saw them as the people that were holding HIM back... IMO.

Couch, IMO was a humongous bust and I'm much happier with Feely than I would be with Couch. Couch strikes me as one of those players who lit it up in college but failed on translate that success to the NFL for whatever reason (talent, environmental factors, whatever). Feely is relatively cheap and has alot of upside, so I think hes the better fit for our team. O, and Rafael, I see where you're coming from with your argument, but just because he was a #1 pick doesnt mean hes great. I mean, come on....the name Ki-Jana Carter ring a bell?

This just makes me sick. Let's complain about not getting Jeff Blake or making a deal for Jon Kitna. :rolleyes:

You guys are taking me wrong I never said I wanted Tim he just never got any help till after his confidense (SP?) was broken belief me I've watched alot of Browns games and it was all his fault, and since you brought it up it is like the Dolphins they couldn't put all the pieces together at the same time

We could have had Philip Rivers...

Chargers | Rough Debut for Rivers - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 8 May 2004 10:41:08 -0700

Bernie Wilson, of the Associated Press, reports San Diego Chargers first-round pick, QB Philip Rivers, had a rough day during the team's minicamp, May 7. "He struggled," coach Marty Schottenheimer said. "There's just eight million things going on out there." Rivers admits to having a shaky NFL debut. "It's just you're throwing to guys you've never thrown to before, you're getting the snap from somebody you've never gotten a snap from before," Rivers said.

The grass is always greener...

FakeSpike13 said:
Thank god for Boomer and Zod!!! If everybody thought so irrationally, we would trade away Ricky Williams to the Jets for Marvin Jones becaus RW fumbled twice in a preseason minicamp... Calm down people, its MAY!! Just because there's hardly anything interesting to talk about doesn't mean you should turn relatively menial discussions into "good" ones by making an @sshole of yourself!

Well said. :cooldude:

Muck said:
The fact is that Couch's arm isn't that good and he isn't overly accurate. He's had 5 years to shown them something. And they're choosing Kelly Holcombe and Jeff Garcia over him.

He may have been the "Eli" of his draft. But he's also the Andre Ware of his draft. And I'll take the Donnovan McNabb and Dante Culpepper of that draft any day of the week.

Andre Ware? You are exxagerating Muck. He is certaintly not the Andre Ware of his draft. Specially starting for an expansion team isn't easy enough for a player like couch. David Carr hasn't done anything different that couch has while his almsot 3 seasons in cleveland.

Back
Top Bottom