We could have had Couch instead of Feeley | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We could have had Couch instead of Feeley

I think the point of Ware is that being the top pick doesn't mean that the player is going to pan out. Couch might not quite be a bust just yet, but he will be if he isn't successful the next time he has a chance.

Dolfan4life said:
Think about it. We could have Tim Couch, the number 1 pick in the draft overall, instead of Feeley.

Couch was the Eli of his draft. The Carson Palmer. The franchise QB.

He went to Cleveland and they failed to put anything around him. H

This sounds very familiar.....Very much like when the saints picked up Heath Shuler. I guess since Heath was a first round pick, we should've kept him instead of trading a 3rd for Brooks.

No thanks. He's a proven failure. I'll take the guy that's been successful.

Couch was a loser in kentucky and is a loser in the nfl, period! Dolfanreal69

Forget Couch, the future is Feeley.
How long will it be, before a sign Beuerlein thread starts?

The other thing to remember is that Couch came from a "run and shoot" offense at Kentucky. Those offenses are VERY qb friendly, and can make a good qb look amazing and a bad qb look good. I think Couch is a good qb, but I would argue that if Feeley was in that offense at Oregon, without Harrington to compete with, he would've put up some real good numbers as well.

Boomer I agree with you. The diff is you can name the o-linemanIe fowler Faine verba Brown, but they were not in same year and for one reason or another have not done chit. Verba has yet to play a full season for them Brown has been gone 3+ years, Fain was hurt last year. Thay also lost 4 lineman this offseason. Truth be told Green has played 7 good games his rookie year before and since nothing. Suggs is very good but came on late last year. Receivers are good but had some growing pains, they do have a tendency to drop balls.

Now the opposite side against Couch and this is teh biggest. The hype over couch was inflated, Boomer is dead on he was a product of Mumme's system, he never played in a pro style system, almost exclusively out of teh shotgun if i am remembering it right. He was also thrown to the wolves from teh start when he needed to sit and learn. His arm strength is not great, better than Jays but not a ton. He never got away from looking at his receivers, he does alright for awhile then reverts back to his bad habit. He presses to much and forces passes he has no business forcing at times as well. He has one big similarity as Jay, he is not consistent at all.

Basically Couch did not have great supporting casts togethor at the same time, he did not show that he had any more potential than what he has shown to date. To me he is not a safer risk than Feeley. He has his questions as well. AJ has questions yes, but at least his questions are questions of the unknown with upside potential, rather than questions of which is the true qb, the one that had the potential and failed to realize it or teh one with a bad supporting cast. To me the one who has already had his chance and made nothing of it is the bigger risk, because you are betting he wont play as he already has, whereas with AJ, you want him to continue the play and build on what he has shown.

You people just don't get the logic behind the post. He is exactly right. At least Couch has played a little in the NFL. You people seem to think just because no one can for sure say AJ is a complete failure, that that some how makes him an all-star. AJ was a backup in college and a lucky-to-make the roster 3rd string in the pros. Couch may not be Marino, but is a whole world better than AJ. For those idiots who keep saying "don't say anything bad until he gets a chance" well why not bring me in and pay me millions to fall on my face.
AJ has yet to give anyone who has watched his career anything to think he will be in the same league with Couch, or Garcia or even Sage for that matter. You people really need to leave you glass houses long enough to smell the coffee. AJ is NOT the answer. This is not a matter of being positive or negative, it is a matter of seeing things realistically. If you think you are not being a homer then just go to any other message board around the league besides here or Philly, and ask for what others think of RS's great trade. We are a laughing stock of the league. This deal ranks right up there with the H. Walker to Minnesota trade. I don't like it either but we may as well face the truth now rather than be surprised later.
I would love to be wrong about this, but there is a better chance of me winning the next two power ball lotteries back to back.....and if ya notice I am not rushing out to buy my new vette yet.

DeDolfan said:
Whether the browns oL was any good or not, the fact remains that Holcombe won with the same team tho. ;)

Hmmm.... I seem to remember a certain team with an unheralded QB, who wins games when every other QB given a shot looks horrible...

How the hell does this rank up there with the Herschel Walker trade?? What a ridiculous analogy. I don't see us as the laughing stock of the league. Sorry to hammer home this point, but the Jets nearly gave up a 3rd rounder for AJ when Pennington broke his wrist against the Giants in pre-season last year EVEN THOUGH Herm Edwards knew that he had one of the leagues best passers coming back after 10-14 weeks.

This thread is d-u-m-b, but typical of some Miami fans who didn't get the "name" player they wanted and so will NEVER give Feeley a chance no matter what. This is what's sad.

BOOMED!!!!!! OUT OF THE PARK!!!!!!! I'll take who we have over a guy who has had every chance to suceed and hasn't. I"ll say it again, I have faith that Coach Trestman will have Feeley ready to go on opening day.

Boomer said:
How the hell does this rank up there with the Herschel Walker trade?? What a ridiculous analogy. I don't see us as the laughing stock of the league. Sorry to hammer home this point, but the Jets nearly gave up a 3rd rounder for AJ when Pennington broke his wrist against the Giants in pre-season last year EVEN THOUGH Herm Edwards knew that he had one of the leagues best passers coming back after 10-14 weeks.

This thread is d-u-m-b, but typical of some Miami fans who didn't get the "name" player they wanted and so will NEVER give Feeley a chance no matter what. This is what's sad.

You just proved my point. The Jets NEARLY gave up a "3rd" but knew they were overpaying. They were gonna do that when they HAD to have someone. We were in a better position, having a whole offseason to find someone with some experience, and yet we gave them a 2nd. But the bigger point is the NEARLY part. The Jets came to their senses before making pulling the trigger. RS won't see the light until 2 or 3 weeks into the season.

As for not giving him a chance, that is where you are dead wrong about me at least. If he comes out and sets the league on fire I will tell ya I was wrong about him, unlike all the Jay bashers here who could never admit when he had great games.

As for it not being like the Walker trade, how can you say that. We way over paid for a player that has the rest of the league scratching their heads. At least in the Walker trade they were getting a proven commodity. I guess from that stand point it is not the same.

Back
Top Bottom