We got flexed out of NBC prime time vs the patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We got flexed out of NBC prime time vs the patriots

I understand the reasoning for it. I realize the Vikings and Cardinals would be a bigger draw talent wise with players like Peterson and Favre and Fitzgerald,Warner,Boldin but from a standings and matchup standpoint who gives a ****? There's no rivalry there, and nothing significant is on the line except MAYBE the #2 seed in the playoffs assuming the mediocre Cardinals can even stay with in striking distance of the Vikings for the next two weeks.

why are you guys pissed?

the less recovery time the patriots get the better! that's an extra 6-7 hours you can take away from patriots' recovery time in the short week for them. they're playing monday night...will have 5 short days to recover....and less time to practice too.

While this is true, i think it's still a stretch. If anything we might have been hurt by this because we clearly play better in night games with the home crowd charged up and behind us.

It also is bad for me.
Because I was planning on driving to Pittsburgh that weekend with friends ( all Steelers fans) to see the Raiders game. Then I would be able to catch the fins game at night.

Looks like I am not going now.... Fins are more important.

What a bunch of cowards they are! They see the brew brewing of a potential humbling of the Pats coming and so they kept it out of PrimeTime to keep the Pats from being humbled any further by losing on Prime Time "right after" losing to the Saints the week before. That's what it looks like to me...

Now I'm forced to see it online, "illegally"...:(

I mean can't they at least wait until Monday so we can see what's going on? If the Phins lay an egg and lose the Bills then yeah the Sunday Night game is irrelevant, or if the Patriots beat the Saints it would be less of a marquee matchup because the division would then not be on the line in Miami on December 6th.

Sucks for me since I've got to work that day, and was planning to be home in time to watch the evening game.

Oh well, I guess I'll catch the highlights and follow the score on NFL.com -it should be a great game.

Maybe the earlier start time will give Miami a bit of an edge with some hot weather? The Pats now have a bit less time to prepare for this game, and as has been stated, I hope they have a brutal physical game against the Saints (and lose too).

this maybe the biggest joke. i dont care about god damn brett favre anymore, the guy is a prima donna. whether or not its better to play at 1 isnt the issue, its the fact that our crowd wouldve been so much louder at night then day, plus it is just a much more appealing matchup than vikes cards. lets look at both matchups.dolphins pats- potenially for divison lead, big division rivalry, tom brady, randy moss, etc, also the dolphins have played 3 times on primetime and have had arguably 2 of the top 5 games of the season to date. vikes cards- 2 teams who play in real crappy divisions, the game will be no meaning really as the cards can win there division at 8-8, while the vikes have locked theres up already while being 3 games up in the standings plus the head to head with gb so techincally 4 games up. all this is bc of brett god damn favre. i hope he gets knocked out this week by tommie harris and nbc has jackson starting for the vikes that week. i have the ticket so it wnt affect me, but the fact is once again when u think there is no way we would not be playing on primetime after we had beaten carolina to get to 5-5 and back in the hunt, and against the poster boy of the nfl, we get stabbed again.

Wow huge blow, now I might miss the game. NBC blows.

It is true though, the Phins don't have any superstars and the Pats are an elite team. The Dolphins don't beat elite teams...

Wow huge blow, now I might miss the game. NBC blows.

It is true though, the Phins don't have any superstars and the Pats are an elite team. The Dolphins don't beat elite teams...

NBC wants to promote the big names for the Vikes-Cards game, so I can understand, even if by the time they play I think it won't be for much of anything -certainly not for a division lead.

With Ronnie out, yeah, no more big name players for us, but I don't consider the Pats an elite team this year. Good, very good even? Yeah, but we usually manage to at least split our games with the Pats most years (other than that 1-15 team in 07) so I like our chances of a win.

We were one Ginn catch from beating the Colts, one failed TD drive from beating the Saints, and this team is getting better each week as Henne gets more experience.

The mounting injuries may hold us back this year, but you can look and see this team will give every opponent fits.

I hate Brett Favre. I wish nothing but pain on him. And I now hate NBC more than ever.

Back
Top Bottom