We have become a complete laughing stock of the NFL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have become a complete laughing stock of the NFL

This franchise has been a joke since Nick Saban passed on Drew Brees which led to Saban quitting ten months later. Everything since then has been a disaster except for two lucky years in 2008 and 2016.
Losing to 2nd year Houston at home on opening day as 2 TD favorites in 2003 I think started the downward spiral of this franchise.

Giants had a player show up today, decide he didn’t want to do anything and leave. We are bad but some still have it worse.

The Patriots had spygate, deflate gate, and a guy arrested arrested on multiple murder charges

Look guys since Shula its been mediocre at best around here and its not because we have had cheap owners who didn't try. Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells and Nick Saban are/were big names in the business who had been highly successful in the football world prior to joining the Dolphins. As far as our present situation we looked like sh*t at this time last year even with RT at the helm barely beating the lowly Browns and lucky to do so. The defense was a sieve and the offense was barely breathing. We are currently standing at 2/2 after a 10 6 season, with what appears to be a better defense, a proven running back and the same offensive line minus Albert. Yea, I get the Cutler issue who is playing not to loose but other than that we are the same offense as last year and we won with Moore. So yea we have a hard schedule ahead, but remember the Titans game this week was suppose to be lost and their QB went down and our defense showed up. Gase proved crafty last year stealing victory from defeat, hang on and lets see what he can pull out of his hat.

Here are just a few things through the years
  • Drafting Ronnie Brown #2
  • Drafting Jake Long #1
  • Drafting Ted Ginn
  • Drafting Pat White in 2nd round
  • GM asking Dez if mom is a prostitute
  • Bad coach after bad coach
  • Laramy Tunsil situation
  • Jonathan Martin/ Incognito situation
  • Coach snorting coke before meeting

I came up with these off the top of my head. Feel free to add more if you would like.
Yeah...I wouldn't call us the laughing stock of the league. But thank you for venting

Awful thread. Miami isn’t a laughingstock. If they were it wouldn’t be because of these things you listed.

We are being laughed at because we have the pieces on offense to be a high scoring team. Last year, albeit with Tannehill, we had the same players and we were a dangerous team in Gase's system. This year we lose Albert and Tanny and this mess is all we get? It is pretty laughable.

Remember all the drafts some of us have repeatedly asked for continued commitment of high draft picks building the OL and LBs over multiple years?

Losing sucks, doesn't it?

Teams that control the line of scrimmage win. You BUILD from the inside out. You win in the trenches.

Trying to re-invent winning is ludicrous. The design is simple. The logic is sound. The results are proven.

Regardless how it happened, when Parcells left town the NFL turned its back on us.

It takes years to build a foundation for winning. And every time a thread like this pops up there is a rational call for "doing it the right way". Yet in year 2 of any new regime the fans become completely predictable and fall back into wanting to draft WRs, CBs, S, RBs and any name that becomes sexy right before the draft.

We have money committed to positions that are not impacted the game for us. And why we never draft and keep a developmental QB is beyond me.

And regardless of the man's abilities, Suh's contract is an absolute financial burden for anyone trying to build a D. It is the elephant in the room most excuse as being needed, but his overall impact to the game could be replaced with a relative bargain contract. The difference in money does not equate to the difference in play. I'd rather use 2 space eaters up front and pour resources into our LBs.

And I'm shocked how people like Branden Albert are run out of town for being "injury prone" when other players like Parker and Pouncey are dubbed as key to our success when they have been more injured than Albert. Maybe some should switch to bifocals to see how bias and near sighted their claims are while overlook they use one line of logic to rid themselves of one player while other players' absences are more damaging to our team for the exact same reasons.

Want to build?

Get rid of Suh, Thomas, Maxwell and several other overpaid bums and get real.... fast. In order to truly build you have to shed big contracts. Suck it up and forgo now to invest in a real future. Suh might be great, but he is not what we need.

And btw, any "move" that TBum is lauded for in the present has always shown to be a mistake long term. The man cannot draft or evaluate talent. He is a splash GM. But long term he absolutely damages a franchise. His penchant for trading draft picks was known when he come here. It was predicted and it has come true.

Want to build?

Clean house. No flashy names. Just go get the respected men of the NFL and beg them to build your team.

I wanted Coughlin at any price. Had we shown Tbum the door and let Coughlin call the shots we would have had a different story line in a couple of years. As it stands, we will be looking for a new HC and GM around that time.

The Jets are more of a laughing stock than the Dolphins...even with an L and scandals abroad....

Ill take all of our woes...Hell,I'll take Jay Cutler through all of 2017-2018 over the "Buttfumble" era anyday.

Remember all the drafts some of us have repeatedly asked for continued commitment of high draft picks building the OL and LBs over multiple years?

Losing sucks, doesn't it?

Teams that control the line of scrimmage win. You BUILD from the inside out. You win in the trenches.

Trying to re-invent winning is ludicrous. The design is simple. The logic is sound. The results are proven.

Regardless how it happened, when Parcells left town the NFL turned its back on us.

It takes years to build a foundation for winning. And every time a thread like this pops up there is a rational call for "doing it the right way". Yet in year 2 of any new regime the fans become completely predictable and fall back into wanting to draft WRs, CBs, S, RBs and any name that becomes sexy right before the draft.

We have money committed to positions that are not impacted the game for us. And why we never draft and keep a developmental QB is beyond me.

And regardless of the man's abilities, Suh's contract is an absolute financial burden for anyone trying to build a D. It is the elephant in the room most excuse as being needed, but his overall impact to the game could be replaced with a relative bargain contract. The difference in money does not equate to the difference in play. I'd rather use 2 space eaters up front and pour resources into our LBs.

And I'm shocked how people like Branden Albert are run out of town for being "injury prone" when other players like Parker and Pouncey are dubbed as key to our success when they have been more injured than Albert. Maybe some should switch to bifocals to see how bias and near sighted their claims are while overlook they use one line of logic to rid themselves of one player while other players' absences are more damaging to our team for the exact same reasons.

Want to build?

Get rid of Suh, Thomas, Maxwell and several other overpaid bums and get real.... fast. In order to truly build you have to shed big contracts. Suck it up and forgo now to invest in a real future. Suh might be great, but he is not what we need.

And btw, any "move" that TBum is lauded for in the present has always shown to be a mistake long term. The man cannot draft or evaluate talent. He is a splash GM. But long term he absolutely damages a franchise. His penchant for trading draft picks was known when he come here. It was predicted and it has come true.

Want to build?

Clean house. No flashy names. Just go get the respected men of the NFL and beg them to build your team.

I wanted Coughlin at any price. Had we shown Tbum the door and let Coughlin call the shots we would have had a different story line in a couple of years. As it stands, we will be looking for a new HC and GM around that time.

You had me until the part where we get rid of Suh. The man is a generational talent with none of the diva qualities that often come with the dominance...and by next year salaries will likely continue to rise to the point that his cap hit is par for the course for stud dline men. I'll get on board the build to win in the trenches train but I don't start that by getting rid of the guy who is one of the best in the trenches

You can’t say Wayne H. didn’t try

Back
Top Bottom