We have become a complete laughing stock of the NFL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have become a complete laughing stock of the NFL

Remember all the drafts some of us have repeatedly asked for continued commitment of high draft picks building the OL and LBs over multiple years?

Losing sucks, doesn't it?

Teams that control the line of scrimmage win. You BUILD from the inside out. You win in the trenches.

Trying to re-invent winning is ludicrous. The design is simple. The logic is sound. The results are proven.

Regardless how it happened, when Parcells left town the NFL turned its back on us.

It takes years to build a foundation for winning. And every time a thread like this pops up there is a rational call for "doing it the right way". Yet in year 2 of any new regime the fans become completely predictable and fall back into wanting to draft WRs, CBs, S, RBs and any name that becomes sexy right before the draft.

We have money committed to positions that are not impacted the game for us. And why we never draft and keep a developmental QB is beyond me.

And regardless of the man's abilities, Suh's contract is an absolute financial burden for anyone trying to build a D. It is the elephant in the room most excuse as being needed, but his overall impact to the game could be replaced with a relative bargain contract. The difference in money does not equate to the difference in play. I'd rather use 2 space eaters up front and pour resources into our LBs.

And I'm shocked how people like Branden Albert are run out of town for being "injury prone" when other players like Parker and Pouncey are dubbed as key to our success when they have been more injured than Albert. Maybe some should switch to bifocals to see how bias and near sighted their claims are while overlook they use one line of logic to rid themselves of one player while other players' absences are more damaging to our team for the exact same reasons.

Want to build?

Get rid of Suh, Thomas, Maxwell and several other overpaid bums and get real.... fast. In order to truly build you have to shed big contracts. Suck it up and forgo now to invest in a real future. Suh might be great, but he is not what we need.

And btw, any "move" that TBum is lauded for in the present has always shown to be a mistake long term. The man cannot draft or evaluate talent. He is a splash GM. But long term he absolutely damages a franchise. His penchant for trading draft picks was known when he come here. It was predicted and it has come true.

Want to build?

Clean house. No flashy names. Just go get the respected men of the NFL and beg them to build your team.

I wanted Coughlin at any price. Had we shown Tbum the door and let Coughlin call the shots we would have had a different story line in a couple of years. As it stands, we will be looking for a new HC and GM around that time.

Great post, and to add on to this....when was the last time this team truly ran a thorough search for GM? It wasn't in 2008 when Huizenga wanted Parcells and Parcells only to run his team, Tuna already knew he wanted Ireland as his GM, I don't think anyone else even interviewed for the position...when Parcells left Ireland took over full time...it didn't really happen in 2014 when Ireland was "fired" , that debacle of a search had candidates confused on the power structure, the better ones declined interviews, they weren't interested, nobody wanted to be forced to work with and have no authority over Philbin, we offered the job to two guys, they both said no, so we settle for Hickey. He only lasts 2 years, did we interview a single current or former executive to replace him? No, we just promoted Grier.

Back
Top Bottom