We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we didn't gameplan for Dallas. so much for that. and Dallas kept their starters in their longer than we did

Right, right, "it never happened", i gotcha.

And :sidelol: at the "kept their starters in there longer" thing. Missed where Ware took the field....oh wait, that didnt happen. I see what you did there. Shrewd tactic.

we didn't gameplan for Dallas. so much for that. and Dallas kept their starters in their longer than we did

Dallas basically had no starters playing so how do u figure that. No Romo, no Bryant, no Austin, No Murray, No Witten. Now your just making things up

the physical talent was definitely there. he took a chance on a guy who neeed seasoning. not Ireland's fault Davis was resistant to coaching

Yeah I hear teams don't bother looking into how well guys take coaching before they get drafted. I mean, why would you when it's not going to be your fault?

And they didn't gameplan for us. Plus I'm pretty sure they only had one starter out there on defense.

the Cowboys had an enshrinee in Larry Allen and the game was on national TV. certainly they wanted to look good whereas Philbin only wanted to assess the back end of our roster

Do you have tape of such facts? I need tape and actual notarized documents before I take this seriously...otherwise they're just opinions. And opinions can NEVER be wrong.
Well I guess an interview where he states these things just wouldn't do. http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...nvisions-pat-white-as-part-of-qb-competition/ Vision of future at quarterback?
Ireland:” We have a high regard for Chad (Henne). We have a high regard for Pat where we selected him. I don’t think you can have too many good players at that position.
“There’s an unknown about Chad and there’s an unknown about how we’ll use Pat. But I don’t know that Chad Pennington is not going to be there. We feel good about having three … four … really good players at that position.”
What do you see as Pat White’s role?
Ireland: “Right now he’s going to line up at quarterback. There’s going to be a lot said about how we’re going to utilize him. We’re creative enough as a coaching staff that he’s going to enhance our offense in a number of ways.
“Pat is going to be a little bit of an element of surprise. You can put him out at receiver, you can put him at quarterback. You can put him at receiver and use Ronnie in the Wildcat still. There’s a lot of things you can do with great athletes. “
What pushed Vontae Davis above Darius Butler?
Ireland: I think the physicality. Both are great players, I have to say that. We really like Darius. But just felt that Davis fit us a little bit better. Felt like he was kind of a rare body for the position and I like his physicality at the position.
Was two CBs early on part of the plan?
Ireland: “We wanted to address it. I don’t think you go into it targeting a particular player. We had Sean (Smith) on our board in a good place and felt like that was good value to add two corners.
“They’re hard to find to begin with. And they’re very difficult to get through free agency. And they’re very difficult to keep, as we found this last year (with loss in free agency of Andre Goodman).”
Does the decision not to address WR mean you’re satisfied with the current group?
Ireland: “The draft is a funny thing. You stack your board based on value and how those players can help you. I feel like the receiver position is solid, but there’s also a possibility that we’ll address that in the next several days.”
What do you see in Sean Smith?
Ireland: “His skill set is rare for his size. We’ve just got to do a good job to develop that skill set. He’s got a little ways to go, but I think he’ll play pretty early.”
How much did the quality of AFC East WRs influence your decision?
Ireland: “You obviously aware of matchups in your division. Our philosophy is you have to win the division. But we like big corners, that’s our philosophy. We like big, physical corners.
“When you are able to match those things with the match ups in the division you feel pretty good about it.”
Did the Jets improve at quarterback?
Ireland: With (USC’s Mark) Sanchez? Sure they did. Good player. Great kid. Got a lot of moxie to him. Like him very much.”
checkbigpng-1.jpg
checkbigpng-1.jpg
checkbigpng-1.jpg
checkbigpng-1.jpg

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...-part-of-qb-competition/#sthash.GZArNDkt.dpuf

Allow me to summarize the line of reasoning greasyobnoxiousgas is on:

1. Ireland can only be judged for 2011-12. Which has definitely been a success. 'Cause.

2. Even if Ireland was responsible for 2008-11, those years with losing records were more good than bad.

3. When Ireland picks a player who doesn't want to be coached, it's definitely somebody else's fault that he picked him.

4. Pat White led a game winning drive the other night. Which proves he was a good pick and Sparano ****ed him up.

Well I guess an interview where he states these things just wouldn't do. http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...nvisions-pat-white-as-part-of-qb-competition/ Vision of future at quarterback?
Ireland:” We have a high regard for Chad (Henne). We have a high regard for Pat where we selected him. I don’t think you can have too many good players at that position.
“There’s an unknown about Chad and there’s an unknown about how we’ll use Pat. But I don’t know that Chad Pennington is not going to be there. We feel good about having three … four … really good players at that position.”
Ireland: “Right now he’s going to line up at quarterback. There’s going to be a lot said about how we’re going to utilize him. We’re creative enough as a coaching staff that he’s going to enhance our offense in a number of ways.
“Pat is going to be a little bit of an element of surprise. You can put him out at receiver, you can put him at quarterback. You can put him at receiver and use Ronnie in the Wildcat still. There’s a lot of things you can do with great athletes. “
Ireland: I think the physicality. Both are great players, I have to say that. We really like Darius. But just felt that Davis fit us a little bit better. Felt like he was kind of a rare body for the position and I like his physicality at the position.
Ireland: “We wanted to address it. I don’t think you go into it targeting a particular player. We had Sean (Smith) on our board in a good place and felt like that was good value to add two corners.
“They’re hard to find to begin with. And they’re very difficult to get through free agency. And they’re very difficult to keep, as we found this last year (with loss in free agency of Andre Goodman).”
Does the decision not to address WR mean you’re satisfied with the current group?
Ireland: “The draft is a funny thing. You stack your board based on value and how those players can help you. I feel like the receiver position is solid, but there’s also a possibility that we’ll address that in the next several days.”
Ireland: “His skill set is rare for his size. We’ve just got to do a good job to develop that skill set. He’s got a little ways to go, but I think he’ll play pretty early.”
Ireland: “You obviously aware of matchups in your division. Our philosophy is you have to win the division. But we like big corners, that’s our philosophy. We like big, physical corners.
“When you are able to match those things with the match ups in the division you feel pretty good about it.”
Ireland: With (USC’s Mark) Sanchez? Sure they did. Good player. Great kid. Got a lot of moxie to him. Like him very much.”
checkbigpng-1.jpg
checkbigpng-1.jpg
checkbigpng-1.jpg
checkbigpng-1.jpg

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...-part-of-qb-competition/#sthash.GZArNDkt.dpuf

:sidelol: Wow....if you believe everything they say in an interview.... :lol2:

the Cowboys had an enshrinee in Larry Allen and the game was on national TV. certainly they wanted to look good whereas Philbin only wanted to assess the back end of our roster

Wasnt one of the Hall of Fame inductees a Dolphin?

I have it on good authority everything was his fault when he worked for the team.

the physical talent was definitely there. he took a chance on a guy who neeed seasoning. not Ireland's fault Davis was resistant to coaching

It's Ireland's fault for ignoring all the red flags that came with that physical talent.

Taking a player that need seasoning seems to be a Jeff Ireland trademark.

Allow me to summarize the line of reasoning greasyobnoxiousgas is on:

1. Ireland can only be judged for 2011-12. Which has definitely been a success. 'Cause.

2. Even if Ireland was responsible for 2008-11, those years with losing records were more good than bad.

3. When Ireland picks a player who doesn't want to be coached, it's definitely somebody else's fault that he picked him.

4. Pat White led a game winning drive the other night. Which proves he was a good pick and Sparano ****ed him up.

5. The Cowboys played well during the Hall of Fame Game because Larry Allen had just gotten inducted into the Hall. Philbin didn't care about the first team playing well because he can only watch one quarter of football per day and picked the fourth quarter.

checkbigpng-1.jpg
checkbigpng-1.jpg
checkbigpng-1.jpg
checkbigpng-1.jpg

So Greasy u gave me a thumbs down for proving what Jeff Ireland said about these players lol that's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom