We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinfoilhat-1.jpg

It's preseason guys! Don't you know it TOTALLY doesn't count....unless we lose then it counts!!!

he may have had. hardly worth speculating over. we KNOW he extended Wake and Jones. we KNOW he added the 2012 and 2013 draft classes. we KNOW he added this year's free agency group.

We also "know" he had final say over personnel decisions written into his contract. Doesn't stop people from pretending he didn't.

We don't much of anything about the 2012 and 2013 draft classes. People want to assume things and declare certain players future stars (and preach "patience" on certain players who look like busts), but we don't know jack ****. I'm glad Wake and Jones were extended. But guess what? Those are easy decisions. You have stars, you keep stars. An idiot can do that. The hard part is acquiring stars, and if you don't give him the blame for the moves made by the team from 2008-11, then you can't give him the credit for acquiring the few stars this team does have (aside from Paul Soliai, who was actually a Randy Mueller pick).

even if Ireland called the shots prior to 2012, there's a lot more good in those years than bad in years prior.

We've had a losing record over those years. How is that more good than bad? :lol:

laugh all you want. in reality, i'm the one laughing at your ignorance

Oh, if your under the assumption im just typing my laughter and not getting a good chuckle out of this away from the computer, you are mistaken. Again.

Feel free to cure me of my ignorance though, still waiting on those "well documented" links. Or the damn time stamp, which ive asked for 3 or 4 times now.

We also "know" he had final say over personnel decisions written into his contract. Doesn't stop people from pretending he didn't.

We don't much of anything about the 2012 and 2013 draft classes. People want to assume things and declare certain players future stars (and preach "patience" on certain players who look like busts), but we don't know jack ****. I'm glad Wake and Jones were extended. But guess what? Those are easy decisions. You have stars, you keep stars. An idiot can do that. The hard part is acquiring stars, and if you don't give him the blame for the moves made by the team from 2008-11, then you can't give him the credit for acquiring the few stars this team does have (aside from Paul Soliai, who was actually a Randy Mueller pick).

We've had a losing record over those years. How is that more good than bad? :lol:

the biggest difference would obviously be Pilbin over Sparano. no GM can shine with Sparano as head coach.

Wrong. Your suppose to trade them away for lesser draft picks then what you used to acquire them.

Dont you get general managing? Gawd.

By the way, please use that tactic for our fantasy football league. I will happily declare you the best GM in it if you make those trades. Happily.

Oh, if your under the assumption im just typing my laughter and not getting a good chuckle out of this away from the computer, you are mistaken. Again.

Feel free to cure me of my ignorance though, still waiting on those "well documented" links. Or the damn time stamp, which ive asked for 3 or 4 times now.

if only you knew

[/B]

the biggest difference would obviously be Pilbin over Sparano. no GM can shine with Sparano as head coach.

Tony Sparano proved to be a subpar coach. That said, the majority of the players he had to work with have proven to be incapable of playing a competent role for other teams. While I don’t doubt that many had their potential hampered by Sparano, I have a difficult time believing he destroyed their careers to the point that they couldn’t recover. The far more likely explanation is that they just weren’t good prospects to begin with.

Tony Sparano proved to be a subpar coach. That said, the majority of the players he had to work with have proven to be incapable of playing a competent role for other teams. While I don’t doubt that many had their potential hampered by Sparano, I have a difficult time believing he destroyed their careers to the point that they couldn’t recover. The far more likely explanation is that they just weren’t good prospects to begin with.

Here’s a list of players that Jeff Ireland drafted and a brief commentary on their results. This is all personal opinion based on observations and statistics. I will only be focusing on those on a roster and not currently out of the league or free agents. If a single coach in this league won’t take a chance to redeem their careers than it’s fair to say Sparano wasn’t the one at fault. I will not be focusing on players that are currently on our team, as it’s apparent to all how they have played.

Chad Henne- after starting strong Henne regressed and is no longer viewed as a viable option at quarterback. New general manager David Caldwell has publically supported Blaine Gabbert and has privately discussed addressing the quarterback position. Either way, Henne does not appear to be in their long term plans.

Kendall Langford- Langford had a solid season for the Rams. He played well if unspectacular, notching 27 tackles and 2 sacks. Those are keeping with the numbers he put up as a Dolphin. While Mike Nolan is arguably the superior defensive mind, Jeff Fisher knows his way around a defense and certainly wasn’t a liability to Langford’s coaching.

Edmond Gates- Gates had a single great game this past season for the Jets. He put up 82 yards against Miami. The rest of the season he only eclipsed 50 yards in a game once. He scored no touchdowns and finished with 224 yards. He did have Tony Sparano calling plays for him though. That said, others were able to carve out some sort of success, albeit limited, with Sparano calling plays. The Jets are looking to address the receiver position this offseason.

Vontae Davis- Davis struggled with injuries this season for the Colts. It’s also important to note that he only had days to learn their defensive scheme after being traded. As well, the man in charge of said scheme was unable to continue coaching the defensive because of problems with his health. Davis is considered a key part of their future.

Donald Thomas- Thomas is a backup for the Patriots. He has graded out well when filling in for injured players. With Logan Mankins and Dan Connolly as their starters, Thomas likely won’t be on a starter for them anytime soon. It’s difficult to tell what their plans on for him. The most likely scenario is he will walk after his contract is up.

Parmele, Hilliard, Nalbone, Gardener, Edds, McCoy, and Kearse are rotational or backup players who, at the best of my knowledge and research, have made very little impact on their respective teams.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?335235-Ireland-Mythology-Index-vol-2&highlight=

A player under contract can be fined up to $30,000 per day for holding out and neither Cameron Wake nor Reshad Jones were fined for missing workout(s).

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?335235-Ireland-Mythology-Index-vol-2&highlight=

Screwed up with the quote and the site isnt letting me edit it. But you get the point.

[/B]

So the coaching was the problem with a guy like Pat White? Not the talent? I heard Philip Merling is doing great with the Redskins, except for the fact that he still sucks. Same with Patrick Turner. Too bad nobody realized what a gem he was just waiting to get all coached up and he's a street free agent now. And it's definitely coaching that took injury prone players like Jake Grove and Justin Smiley and made them get injured again. I bet Chad Henne is going to turn into a franchise QB in Jacksonville, too. Damn that David Lee. He ****ed us! :lol:

Of all the players acquired by Jeff Ireland, the only one to leave the Dolphins and be better somewhere else is Erik Walden. Perhaps someone else can find a better name than that. Good for them. It's not a long list, in any case.

Coaching is a huge part of football but so is talent. Where's the evidence that there was talent waiting to be untapped?

So the coaching was the problem with a guy like Pat White? Not the talent? I heard Philip Merling is doing great with the Redskins, except for the fact that he still sucks. Same with Patrick Turner. Too bad nobody realized what a gem he was just waiting to get all coached up and he's a street free agent now. And it's definitely coaching that took injury prone players like Jake Grove and Justin Smiley and made them get injured again. I bet Chad Henne is going to turn into a franchise QB in Jacksonville, too. Damn that David Lee. He ****ed us! :lol:

Of all the players acquired by Jeff Ireland, the only one to not be anything with us but go somewhere else and even have medium success is Erik Walden. Coaching is a huge part of football but so is talent. Where's the evidence that there was talent waiting to be untapped?

Pat White led the game winning drive against the Titans two days ago, so not sure what you're talking about. he had it in him all the time

The only thing I'm going to say is..

Since Philbin has been hired, the talent accusation seems better..S

I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom