We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
semantics to someone who doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion. for everyone else, not re-signing somebody and flat out firing somebody is a big difference

The general gist is: Ireland will no longer be associated with this franchise. I havent seen any evidence that Ireland's contract runs out after this season. Heres the reports when we resigned him:

Two weeks after extending an olive branch to coach Tony Sparano, the Miami Dolphins have given the general manager who helped orchestrate the mea culpa his own new deal.
The Dolphins announced Saturday that Jeff Ireland had signed a multiyear contract extension.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6048064

The Dolphins announced Saturday morning that Ireland had signed a “multiyear extension” on a contract that had been set to expire after the 2011 season. It’s possible Ireland’s contract now runs beyond 2013 as why else would the team not be specific in this case as they were with Sparano’s new deal?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...olphins-extend-gm-jeff-irelands-contract.html

The only, and i mean only, report ive seen that it will run out is from Ben Volin, who didnt say anything specific about the actual contract. I, kind of rudely, asked him if he had learned of Irelands contract when he was answering questions in VIP. I never received an answer(he stopped posting).

The team has kept his contract a franchise secret. They explained Tony Sparanos. I believe they explained Philbins. Thus far, i havent seen anything definitive about Ireland. But again: please post where the team said he was gone after this offseason. What was the time mark for that video?

The general gist is: Ireland will no longer be associated with this franchise. I havent seen any evidence that Ireland's contract runs out after this season. Heres the reports when we resigned him:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...olphins-extend-gm-jeff-irelands-contract.html

The only, and i mean only, report ive seen that it will run out is from Ben Volin, who didnt say anything specific about the actual contract. I, kind of rudely, asked him if he had learned of Irelands contract when he was answering questions in VIP. I never received an answer(he stopped posting).

The team has kept his contract a franchise secret. They explained Tony Sparanos. I believe they explained Philbins. Thus far, i havent seen anything definitive about Ireland. But again: please post where the team said he was gone after this offseason. What was the time mark for that video?

That was a pretty weak reply, I would expect better from you.

You don't need to post "proof" to see when some of these people actually think Ireland took charge. Just ask them whether he drafted Reshad Jones or signed Cameron Wake. It takes care of itself.

That was a pretty weak reply, I would expect better from you.

:sidelol:

Look at what i have to work with? In a fail thread(well done there OP), hes arguing about the word "fired" instead of posting the "well documented" reports. I legitimately want to see those things. Again: my faith in humanity would be restored if Ross said Ireland would not be with this franchise if we didnt succeed this year. Celebrations would be had.

You don't need to post "proof" to see when some of these people actually think Ireland took charge. Just ask them whether he drafted Reshad Jones or signed Cameron Wake. It takes care of itself.

Indeed.

Amazing how Ireland took charge when he signed Wake, but wasnt in charge when we drafted Pat White and Patrick Turner. I mean, just brilliant. Why dont more people do that?

Going back to your sandwich example: "hey man, your complaining about the rotten meat on your sandwich? Not my fault, but i did do the cheese", "hey, your food poisoned you? Not my fault, but id did cook that bread, that was pretty good right?", "hey, this place is falling apart? Well, not my fault, but i did make that bad ass sign out front". Sounds legit to me. Cant backfire.

If youre someone like Spesh, you kinda have to.

Otherwise, you would be forced to follow logic. Logic simply dosent add up to re-electing Obama and not extending Ireland.

This board is priceless whenever politics is part of the discussion. If Obama wasn't re-elected there was only one option: Mitt Romney. He was going to bring a massive percentage of players from the George Bush administration, the one responsible for the overseas turmoil and economic collapse. Several reporters dug into the names on the Romney list. In most cases more than 80 or 85% had ties to the Bush regime, the one that produced a sustained presidential approval rating of high 20s to low 30s for three consecutive years post-Katrina. Let's not forget that the Right Track/Wrong track poll percentage late in 2008 was in surreal depths, with Right Track in single digits or low double digits:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/14/poll-record-high-for-wrong-track-rating/?_r=0

If Jeff Ireland is let go, we're not locked in to only one option and the same cast of pathetic players. Who knows, we might actually stumble upon a sharp guy in the front office for a change. I've only been waiting several decades.

The anti-Obama posts are always allowed to linger on this forum. If they were properly dealt with, I wouldn't feel the need to respond every few months. In this case it was even more preposterous than the norm, linking Obama and Jeff Ireland.

well, we know Ireland signed both to extensions

Post-holdouts.

People forget that part.

Oh wait, this is where im told it wasnt "really" a holdout. Just like "preseason doesnt count oh wait yes it does!".

This board is priceless whenever politics is part of the discussion. If Obama wasn't re-elected there was only one option: Mitt Romney. He was going to bring a massive percentage of players from the George Bush administration, the one responsible for the overseas turmoil and economic collapse. Several reporters dug into the names on the Romney list. In most cases more than 80 or 85% had ties to the Bush regime, the one that produced a sustained presidential approval rating of high 20s to low 30s for three consecutive years post-Katrina. Let's not forget that the Right Track/Wrong track poll percentage late in 2008 was in surreal depths, with Right Track in single digits or low double digits:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/14/poll-record-high-for-wrong-track-rating/?_r=0

If Jeff Ireland is let go, we're not locked in to only one option and the same cast of pathetic players. Who knows, we might actually stumble upon a sharp guy in the front office for a change. I've only been waiting several decades.

The anti-Obama posts are always allowed to linger on this forum. If they were properly dealt with, I wouldn't feel the need to respond every few months. In this case it was even more preposterous than the norm, linking Obama and Jeff Ireland.

Fuzzy math.

Right up there with "Parcells drafts cornfed, Ireland doesnt!" despite the fact that Ireland has spent a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd on "cornfed" while "Parcells" spent a 1st and 3rd. Just total fuzzy math.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom