We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's if THIS SEASON does not go well. Not last season or this off-season. Ireland job was safe as long as he stuck to his plan to improve the team through free agency and that's what he did, on paper.

To say the last 12 months has been worthy of an extension...well I just have to disagree. Maybe watching him fail time and time again to replace the traded Brandon Marshall and leaving a rookie QB with the receiving group that he did is difficult for me to overlook.

getting rid off Marshall was a blessing for Tannehill. Marshall would have chewed up and spat Tanneill out everytime the ball was going to anyone else

So now you take everything Ross says as a fact? What about when Ross earlier this year said 2012 was the first true year where he had the front office the way he wanted it? Did you believe Obama when he said there were 57 states?

So is Ross telling the complete truth about the stadium failure and how we should view speaker of the house in Tallahassee?

Ross makes PR type statements all the time, you can't pick and choose which ones are fact and which ones aren't.

This draft will be different for the Dolphins in that there can be no rewrite of history when or if things go wrong. The Pat White draft pick, for example, was pretty much an orphan for quite some time until the last three months when I got Ireland and Parcells to took responsibility for the mistake on the record -- Ireland on my radio show, Parcells in a column I wrote last week.

Parcells is still proud of the Jake Long pick and doesn't deem it a mistake but he understands, he also told me, if some folks think Matt Ryan would have been the better selection. The Big Tuna has also told me that in the spring of 2008 he sent Dan Henning, Tony Sparano and Ireland to Ann Arbor (to see Chad Henne), to Delaware (to see Joe Flacco) and to Boston (to see Ryan) and everyone came back saying Henne was every bit as good as the other two.

So again, responsibility goes where responsibility goes -- on the entire organization.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/jeff_ireland/

I believe it when the words come out of their mouth and the evidence supports it. Jeff Ireland held the role of General Manager, he got paid like a General Manager, he admitted to making decisions as a General Manager, and Ross extended him based on his record as a General Manager. If its a conspiracy, i applaud the efforts theyve gone to.

And i have no doubt Ross truly believes Weatherford screwed him. Hes wrong, his efforts were bound to fail, he "did it wrong", but he speaks the truth as he knows it.

Hilarious how im the one that is picking and choosing which to believe, while your denying quotes right out of the mans mouth. "He didnt mean that, but he meant this one!", "its not ___ fault, its the dude thats no longer on the teams fault!". Just come out and say "its not true because i dont want it to be true" and be done with it.

Jeff Ireland's contract extension runs until the end of the 2013 season so if the team did not do well he would have been fired, he just would not have been re-signed.
The fact that his contract expires after this year has to eat at the Ireland haters. If the team wins, he gets an extension. If they lose he doesn't get extended and just walks. Ireland may never officially get "fired". :lol:

getting rid off Marshall was a blessing for Tannehill. Marshall would have chewed up and spat Tanneill out everytime the ball was going to anyone else

I agree that getting rid of Marshall was a blessing for Tannehill but who did he replace Marshall with? NaaNee? Chad Johnson? Anthony Armstrong? Jabar Gaffney?

Tannehill had not one receiver that could make a play on his own or really threaten the defense.

there's tons of reports. google it

Ive looked into it, nothing. There hasnt been any reports from any source that Ireland's job is in jeopardy. In fact, the general impression is he was resigned to a contract longer then Sparanos.

Please, back up your assertion. Please show where someone involved with this teams has said Ireland will be fired. It would do wonders, just wonders, for my belief in humanity.

Ive looked into it, nothing. There hasnt been any reports from any source that Ireland's job is in jeopardy. In fact, the general impression is he was resigned to a contract longer then Sparanos.

Please, back up your assertion. Please show where someone involved with this teams has said Ireland will be fired. It would do wonders, just wonders, for my belief in humanity.

obviously, reading is tough for some people. no where did i say Ireland would be fired. i said he "will not return".

as far as not returning goes, watch this

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...hen-Ross/a0d55fc9-08f0-44cd-83ee-3c1e49783aed

The fact that his contract expires after this year has to eat at the Ireland haters. If the team wins, he gets an extension. If they lose he doesn't get extended and just walks. Ireland may never officially get "fired". :lol:

That is so true.

I agree that getting rid of Marshall was a blessing for Tannehill but who did he replace Marshall with? NaaNee? Chad Johnson? Anthony Armstrong? Jabar Gaffney?

Tannehill had not one receiver that could make a play on his own or really threaten the defense.

unfortunately, you can't fix everything at once. we had to get a QB in round one, which Ireland did.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

But the link you posted said fired.

fair enough. it wasn't an inaccurate article. i didnt say fired though.

"Will not return" "will be fired". Semantics.

If you dont mind, what time does he state Ireland "wont return"? Time mark please?

semantics to someone who doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion. for everyone else, not re-signing somebody and flat out firing somebody is a big difference

If youre someone like Spesh, you kinda have to.

Otherwise, you would be forced to follow logic. Logic simply dosent add up to re-electing Obama and not extending Ireland.

Du fuq kind of bull**** is that? :lol:

Did Ireland run for the post of GM against a gibbering retard and I didn't know it?

Hey, guys, there's a sandwich shop near my house that's run poorly. Has been run poorly for at least the last four years. Apparently if I eat there it's the same as voting for Obama. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom