We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny because I imagine if we'd lost again Jacksonville this thread wouldn't exist.

Let's cool our engines and let this season play out. The guy spent about $100 million dollars, so in my opinion he has a lot of winning to do to compensate for that sort of expenditure.

Reading through this thread it has become crystal clear to me that some of you are too emotional invested.

Honestly, your feelings seem to go where the wind blows.

Please do yourself a favor, log off, step away from the screen, take a deep breathe, gain some perspective, and come back when you have a clue.

And when you come back just know, your delusion was surely not missed.

CFg3Qkopng-1.jpg

damn right! I just hope he is willing to stay!

You think the past 12 months has been special? Really? He spent over $200 million on a handful of players that many have questions about or atleast thought there were better options available.

how many GMs have the balls to be this aggressive in free agency when their job is one the line. most everyone like to play it safe in that situation

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Reading through this thread it has become crystal clear to me that some of you are too emotional invested.

Please do yourself a favor, log off, step away from the screen, take a deep breathe, gain some perspective, and come back when you have a clue.

i've been monitoring the situation for a while.it's not innjest when i say Ireland has been killing it

Uhhh, no. He's been equally bad and good. Lets see some more consistency over the long haul.

not more of a question mark than last year. Jake Long got bent over against the Browns. he looks horrible. great call letting him go anf rolling with Jon Martin

The offensive line not being more of a question mark than last year is not a reason to extend the GM. Three plus years as being the primary decision maker and the offensive line is still a question mark. I don't care how many thoroughbreds you have at the skill positions, if the horses up front cannot give your QB time to get them the ball where they can do the most damage, then your offense will not succeed.

Ireland didn't let Long go because he tried to resign him and offered him a contract similar to the one St Louis offered.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Ireland basher, I just think we should wait until after the season before talking about giving him an extension or signing him to a new contract.

Qb0z8GAgif-1.jpg

I think Ireland has a good relationship with Ross and if the team does as well as we expect he will be extended at the end of the year. He has also lived in South Florida for 6 years, so I am not sure the "fear" should exist that he would bolt for another team. A successful season, his home being there and a solid relationship with Ross and Philbin will keep him with the team.

I would have to also think that come December if this team is ahead in the division or clinched a playoff spot that Ross would lock him up before the season ends.

its not just about last night, I just have so much faith in jeff, just look at the dynasty he is building mate

• brent grimes a top 3 cb
  • will davis a turnover machine at cb
  • the best pair of safetys in the league
  • three elite dts
  • the ebst de in the league in Wake and a stud in Jordan
  • egnew a young te looking better every week
  • wallace the biggest home run threat in the league
  • hartline - WHITE LIGHTNING
  • The best center in the league
  • a great young lt who will prove everyone wrong
  • a future all pro kicker and a current all pro punter
  • and the heir of marino at QB

I just cant help but believe mate, jeff has done such a good job

4 straight horrible years for America........

Spesh "Re ELECT Obama. It was all Bush's fault".

4 straight losing seasons for the Dolphins, the first 3 of which Ireland truly wasnt even the head of football operations.

Spesh "FIRELAND!!! This has nothing to do with Parcells. Its all Ireland's fault!!!"

Solid logic bro.

So lets see:

4 straight years of horrible America=dont reelect Obama.
4 straight losing seasons=extend Ireland.

Brilliant stuff. Still waiting to hear how it wasnt Parcells who hired Ireland.

It's funny because I imagine if we'd lost again Jacksonville this thread wouldn't exist.

Let's cool our engines and let this season play out. The guy spent about $100 million dollars, so in my opinion he has a lot of winning to do to compensate for that sort of expenditure.

Actually, some of us were way ahead of the curve, as ushe.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...s-Get-Real-Jeff-Ireland-quot-Like-a-Boss-quot

Preseason game vs. Jacksonville has nothing to do with the FACT that Jeff Ireland has done an outstanding job running this team the past 2 years.

how many GMs have the balls to be this aggressive in free agency when their job is one the line. most everyone like to play it safe in that situation

Ireland's job was on the line? I don't remember Ross saying Ireland's job was on the line. Ireland said last year he had a plan for this year and Ross let him follow that plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom