We’d be crazy to go into next season without 2 competent QB’s | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We’d be crazy to go into next season without 2 competent QB’s

If they get a top 5 pick they better be looking at either Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen. If not I’m still hoping for a mid round pick of Tanner Lee.

Got alot of really bad teams out there. They would have to lose the rest, ok possible I guess- and then still might be doubtful.

Mayfield would be the only 6 foot 1 or less qb in the history of football to go top 5 of it does happen.

I just can’t see it measurables and test scores are a big part of a players draft value

I’d expect the Louisville kid to go well before him cause he will check off the size speed and athlete boxes even if the pocket play is a work in progress

And teams will have the zone read and pistol stuff in their back pockets as immediate package play options

I really like Tanner Lee our of Nebraska. I’d be happy if they picked him up even in round 2. I think since Tannehill will be the starter next year having Lee sit behind him as backup, this team would be better off than with Moore, Fales, or Doughty.

A part of me wonders if gase will just roll with Doughty as the back up next year.

That pay raise on the p squad has to be about something and I doubt it’s just scout team reps

getting a top 5 picks will be hard even if we lose out but who knows. With all the holes we have if we had a top 5 picks we have to at least field offers for that pick. We need a lot of help

Ozzy rules!!

I don’t think a qb is in play with our 1st round pick in 2018. That puts too much media pressure and shows a lack of faith in tannehill that I don’t think gase would do.

I could see it in 2019. Provided tanny has more major medical issues this next season.

Day 2 though 2018 draft I could see it. The pressure to play a guy is not nearly the same media wise or on the incumbent

A part of me wonders if gase will just roll with Doughty as the back up next year.

That pay raise on the p squad has to be about something and I doubt it’s just scout team reps
Man I hope not, but I think you're right.

Rosen, dArnold, Allen in the first round.

Mayfield or Rudolph in the second imo.

I know some are high on Lamar, but that guy is a blown acl waiting to happen.

What’s a blown back?

I just know what gets guys drafted high and Lamar’s got a lot of it.

But he damn well better slide or they will smash him at the next level.

I don’t know the answer about if he plays to contact yet. I just haven’t seen enough tape but it doesn’t take long to say someone will bet on that athlete and upside and think they can develop the pocket stuff very high

What’s a blown back?

I just know what gets guys drafted high and Lamar’s got a lot of it.

But he damn well better slide or they will smash him at the next level.

I don’t know the answer about if he plays to contact yet. I just haven’t seen enough tape but it doesn’t take long to say someone will bet on that athlete and upside and think they can develop the pocket stuff very high
Typed on my phone, autocorrect ftw

He’s gonna run sub 4.5

That’s gonna get decision makers juices flowing

I’d say 4.48

I don’t love the build either but he’s put on weight and he’s carrying it well and he hasn’t scraped the athlete in the process

If he’s a legit 6 foot 3 and 215 I don’t rhink it’s gonna hurt him.

Can probably project him carrying 220 and still running low 4.5

If he’s 208 then that’s where I think the flags come in

Let's face it, any of these guys would be a massive upgrade over what we have. (Tanny not included.)

I'd be happy with any of them. Particularly if they can sit on the bench 2018.

If that happens, that’s when I seriously question Gase and what he sees in him, just like with Cutler and Thomas. Sometimes I wonder with Gase.

Back
Top Bottom