We’d be crazy to go into next season without 2 competent QB’s | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We’d be crazy to go into next season without 2 competent QB’s

His first year he had a 76.1 QB rating and only threw 12 TDs in 16 games running the same offense he had in college, good for 27th in the league, his rookie year was pretty unimpressive to say the least.

I'm not so sure we make the playoffs had Matt Moore not taken over, he led us to back to back road division wins, especially in Buffalo where Tannehill is 0-4, does he get us to 34 points against the Bills? We needed every point to win that game.

4th is too late.

When I said first year, I meant his first year in the offense. As for Matt Moore taking us to the playoffs with his wins against buffalo and the jets.. really? I get that division games are tough to win, but I can't think of one thing Matt Moore brings to the table at QB that is an improvement over Tanny.

Tannehill doesn't have the "It" factor. It's more of an "It?" factor. Doesn't mean he isn't good, he just doesn't have "It." Look at Cam Newton. I don't think he has the "it" factor either. However, Cam is so physically gifted that he makes up for it, or the lack thereof.

De is a project position outside of the top 10...the only rookie blowing up every down at de or edge has been the top pick in the draft.

Everybody else is a work in progress in terms of playing every down

Year 2 and 3 is when the rubber hits the road and these kids sink or swim...
It’s also when most of them will go in as plan a’s

Mayfield comes in 6 foot or less he will be on there longer than people think although success like Deshaun Watson with a similar game won’t help things. Difference being Watson checked off the height box at 6 foot 3

I’d say you better be ready to pull the trigger in round 2. Height and measurables matter a lot in terms of draft value

Maybe Asiata is miamis plan a at right guard.

Any chance the success of Watson leads to Lamar Jackson sky rocketing too? Watson was more of a polished passer coming out but he still had a few red flags.

I know there's issues with Jackson's throwing motion and accuracy but he is a freak athlete that's hard to bring down.

Any chance the success of Watson leads to Lamar Jackson sky rocketing too? Watson was more of a polished passer coming out but he still had a few red flags.

I know there's issues with Jackson's throwing motion and accuracy but he is a freak athlete that's hard to bring down.

Yes. I fully expect it. He’s a one read qb but he will come in with the full pistol and zone read and everything you can run off of it.

He’s gotten bigger has more of an nfl body as a passer he’s a work in progress but he steps into his throws and someone will fall in love with the upside. Probably gonna run in the low 4.4s and at 6 foot 3 and actually looking 215 now I don’t see him getting out of the top 5.

He doesn’t have the body to run to contact at the next level so he better be a slide guy like Deshaun Watson or they will scramble his eggs in the nfl.

There’s nothing progression based about his game though.

One thing I will say is at times he knows where he’s going with the football pre snap which does indicate some coverage read ability and is why at times he will look off coverage before going to his intended target. That’s a plus for sure

The threat of his legs give him tons of one on ones with no help. Just like Deshaun Watson who also had scattershot accuracy in college

Last edited:
Yes. I fully expect it. He’s a one read qb but he will come in with the full pistol and zone read and everything you can run off of it.

He’s gotten bigger has more of an nfl body as a passer he’s a work in progress but he steps into his throws and someone will fall in love with the upside. Probably gonna run in the low 4.4s and at 6 foot 3 and actually looking 215 now I don’t see him getting out of the top 5.

He doesn’t have the body to run to contact at the next level so he better be a slide guy like Deshaun Watson or they will scramble his eggs in the nfl.

One thing I will say is at times he knows where he’s going with the football pre snap which does indicate some coverage read ability and is why at times he will look off coverage before going to his intended target. That’s a plus for sure

The threat of his legs give him tons of one on ones with no help. Just like Deshaun Watson who also had scattershot accuracy in college

Pray the Jets don't get him....but I don't think he goes top 5

getting a first rd qb. is not bad move for dolphins next yr. if that qb they real want for future. can adam develope a rookie qb ?? it seem to me he likes veteran qb...
I agree with everything you said except that you need to know that Gase was Tim Tebow's QB coach in Denver.

Brissett is still developing. He’s got a solid QB rating, a positive TD-INT ratio, and has shown he can be a threat with his arm and legs. Do I think he’s going to be a top tier guy? Unlikely. However, I do feel he’s got enough in him to be a solid enough starting quarterback in this league and could have success in the right system with a good defense backing him up.

He’s unlikely to ever be a world beater, but from what I’ve seen he’s going game manager with some upside about him, and QBs like him can make a career for themselves on the back of that.
Behind a line that's not good but better than ours, he's gotten sacked a league leading 32 times. That's worrisome.....that a guy that can move in the pocket is getting dropped more than anyone in the league.

By the way he already has better pocket awareness than Tannehill has ever had.

Last edited:
If they get a top 5 pick they better be looking at either Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen. If not I’m still hoping for a mid round pick of Tanner Lee.

Back
Top Bottom