We’d be crazy to go into next season without 2 competent QB’s | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We’d be crazy to go into next season without 2 competent QB’s

De is a project position outside of the top 10...the only rookie blowing up every down at de or edge has been the top pick in the draft.

Everybody else is a work in progress in terms of playing every down

Year 2 and 3 is when the rubber hits the road and these kids sink or swim...
It’s also when most of them will go in as plan a’s

Mayfield comes in 6 foot or less he will be on there longer than people think although success like Deshaun Watson with a similar game won’t help things. Difference being Watson checked off the height box at 6 foot 3

I’d say you better be ready to pull the trigger in round 2. Height and measurables matter a lot in terms of draft value

Maybe Asiata is miamis plan a at right guard.

Last edited:
There’s also lack of consistency from des year to year. Vic Beasley and ziggy ansah examples of that

Hard to find consistent year in year out double digit sack and high level pressure guys

If Tannehill is the projected long-term starter - and he is - I see no sense drafting a clip-board holder day one. Day two? Maybe. He'll have plenty of time to develop.

De is a project position outside of the top 10...the only rookie blowing up every down at de or edge has been the top pick in the draft.

Everybody else is a work in progress in terms of playing every down

Year 2 and 3 is when the rubber hits the road and these kids sink or swim...
It’s also when most of them will go in as plan a’s

Mayfield comes in 6 foot or less he will be on there longer than people think although success like Deshaun Watson with a similar game won’t help things.

I’d say you better be ready to pull the trigger in round 2. Height and measurables matter a lot in terms of draft value

Maybe Asiata is miamis plan a at right guard.
Mayfield does look short, I'd be surprised if he was 6'.

There are going to be alot of teams looking at QB this year, I think more than usual.

I have no idea how the top 5 coming out grade out, gonna need to get TedSlimm's opinion on that, lol. And of course start watching some of these guys more intently on Saturdays.

I dont want Tbaum selling the damn farm for one of these guys, but if opportunity arises, I'm grabbing one, whether he be in the first or second round. And I'm not losing any sleep over the pick.

If he comes in 5 foot 11 he will make it to our 2nd round pick.

Might have made it to the 3rd if not for guys like Watson and Russel wilson.

Don’t think that would happen any more though unless he really rubs front offices off the wrong way. Lots of talk that he’s a prick

I don’t have any takes on really where qbs grade out pecking order wise. I haven’t done a lick of prospect study

I have heard the nfl doesn’t have any arm concerns with the kid which will help. Not that anyone should require a 18 yard come back from the opposite hash with no hitch to justify him.

Just checked ESPN, they have him listed at 6'1". I've seen him in interviews, I dont see it. Not that 6'1" is even big, but he seems more like Doug Flutie size.

Yeah college teams are notorious for fudging size... either way under 6 foot 2 he’s gonna be knocked for height.

I can see 6 foot I can’t see taller than that

I have seen a lot of great insight on this topic and now I am curious. I know it's a little early, but does anyone have an idea of how deep this QB class will be?

You just know he threw out the “do you know who I am?” card there

Lucky he didn’t break something looks like pillar concrete. Real lucky

I have no doubts he’s gonna rub some gms the wrong way

For all of his limitations, Matt Moore is better than over 90% of the mid round QBs that get drafted. Here's the last 23 QBs drafted from the 3rd-5th rounds of the last 5 drafts:

1- Davis Webb
2- C.J. Beathard
3- Joshua Dobbs
4- Nathan Peterman
5- Jacoby Brissett
6- Cody Kessler
7- Connor Cook
8- Dak Prescott
9- Cardale Jones
10-Kevin Hogan
11-Garrett Grayson
12-Sean Mannion
13-Bryce Petty
14-Brett Hundley
15-Logan Thomas
16-Tom Savage
17-Aaron Murray
18-AJ McCarron
19-Mike Glennon
20-Matt Barkley
21-Ryan Nassib
22-Tyler Wilson
23-Landry Jones

Prescott is a stud, but he's the only guy on the list that is head and shoulders better than Moore. There are probably a couple of guys you'd want more than Moore. Brissett and McCarron specifically, but mid and late round QBs are very low payoff picks that a very likely to never contribute a thing to your team. There just aren't enough good QBs. That's why teams no longer invest a ton in their backup QB unless they are actually trying to find a guy to replace their starter because he isn't any good. If your QB gets hurt at the start of the year, in most cases teams are just best off packing it in rather than spending $10 million for a one year rental. The best you can hope for in that situation is a .500 season and a mediocre spot in the draft.

4-5% to hit on an elite QB in the mid-rounds is actually really good odds. One in 20 years, which is better than the way we've been doing it (the wrong way).

I have seen a lot of great insight on this topic and now I am curious. I know it's a little early, but does anyone have an idea of how deep this QB class will be?

For a WEALTH of information, I would start right here:

http://finheaven.com/threads/slimms-2018-quarterbacks-seniors.340668/
http://finheaven.com/threads/slimms-2018-quarterbacks-underclassman.340669/

I can't say enough good things about Slimm and his analysis. CK also has some great insight there.

I think its a pretty deep class for day 2 prospects. Some of those guys are gonna be day 1 picks due to the need at the position across the league.

Back
Top Bottom