Welker Gone?????? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker Gone??????

Welker is a very good punt returner, average kick returner, and although undersized; he's a decent WR. I love Welker's heart and tenacity but I would love to have the Pat's second round pick as compensation.

The Pat's seem to be in the "win now" mode, they are being overly aggressive on this Welker deal and we should capitalize off it. Let them play checkers for once, while we play chess.

Very nice quote. Guys, think of it this way, we are given a 2nd round pick for a #3/4 WR and you want to cry? Yes he plays hard, yes he did a lot for the team but that doesn't mean we can't find someone better in the draft who can play so much better. Sidney Rice is great, Meachem and if we want a KR/PR we get Jason Hill from Washington who runs a 4.32. It's annoying when people start whining about things they can't control. I cheer the second round pick. :D

Sorry, but who cares if he's the "heart of this team?" This team SUCKED the last few seasons, particularly on offense. Yes, Welker is a gutsy, hard-working player, but his presence or absence won't affect our chances at making the playoffs again one bit.
I don't like to lose Welker but if you think about it now we can put Chambers back as our slot reciever that he excelled in two years ago. Welker was alright on special teams but not great, it will be interesting who is back on the return game this year

No problem. We could get Kelly Washington to replace him. After all Washington has a whole 12 receptions for 200yds over the last two years.:sidelol: Then we trade McMike and replace him with this David Martin guy who has done practically nothing. But we have extra draft picks.

Welker was 1st on the team in receptions, and 2nd in yards last season.

How that spells out #4 WR to you is beyond comprehension.

seriously.! ill take a #2 for welker all day long, but the way some of you are justifying it is absurd. i agree with the pats fan that it will probably be a win-win. but seriously mr. ed where do you come up with 1/2 of the crap you spout off. welker sucks as a kick returner:confused: 4th best receiver:confused: my guess is that belichek and the rest of his pats staff (and my grandma for that matter) are a little better at judging talent than yourself. again, ill take a 2nd for welker but your assesment of him is completely absurd.

KFFL reports:
Patriots | Welker update
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:29:38 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/4">Dan Pires, of The Standard-Times, reports the offer sheet the New England Patriots signed restricted free agent WR Wes Welker (Dolphins) is a seven-year, $38 million offer, according to sources close to the situation. The Patriots would have to give up a second-round draft pick to the Miami Dolphins should the Dolphins decline to match the offer.

It appears that it is now pretty official. Welker's gone.
I found that story on The Standard-Times by Dan Pires. It is dated Saturday night, so nothing is official yet.

seriously.! ill take a #2 for welker all day long, but the way some of you are justifying it is absurd. i agree with the pats fan that it will probably be a win-win. but seriously mr. ed where do you come up with 1/2 of the crap you spout off. welker sucks as a kick returner:confused: 4th best receiver:confused: my guess is that belichek and the rest of his pats staff (and my grandma for that matter) are a little better at judging talent than yourself. again, ill take a 2nd for welker but your assesment of him is completely absurd.

I think the reason the Pats are doing all this is make a HUGE run at the SB THIS year again as it will probably be Bruschi last year, and BB and the rest want to send him out as a champion... (Thus spending more $$ to fix the glaring holes..)

It sucks to see him go seeing how he was such a dependable WR.

by letting the pats have welker you are breaking the #1 commandment of trading in all pro sports. YOU DONT SEND A PLAYER TO A TEAM WHERE HE CAN HURT YOU. The man reason for this is not the losses it could produce but the question that can come from what happens if the player does well or hurts your team when you play against each other. Questions like these get people fired.

Ill agree getting a second for welker could be good business, but he was relatively inexpensive for our leading receiver (receptions). But for his price, and we know what we are getting vs an unproven commodity in the 2nd round, im not so sure.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! MAN!! WHAT A CRAPPY WAY TO START THE DAY!!! Welker is awesome. Miami is losing their core. It could be years before they win. The best hope they have this year is to be a one hit wonder. Even if they put something together, it would only last one season. That is what Miami is becoming... A FREAKING STOP ALONG THE WAY IN AN NFL CAREER!!! THAT SUCKS!! So let the list of "has beens" start lining up for Miami.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Bye bye Wes!

For a 2nd rounder..and the Pats paying him like a 2nd WR when he is a 3rd WR at best...I will personally drive him to the airport.

LATER WES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they make him their KR as well...

We can't possibly be this lucky...can we?

Let him go. I'll take the 2nd round draft pick in a heart beat. If noone hasn't realized yet, Miami is a TRUE REBUILDING MODE. Deal with it!!!

In rebuilding mode you get rid of old overpayed vets, not young up and coming stars that we could have signed cheaply. This entire deal sucks @$$. :tantrum:

this is getting out of hand!!!!!!

Ok first off i want this team to rebuild but damn getting rid of welker? he is only 25 yeah we get a pick (maybe) but there is no promise that the pick will be a good player! and now the talk of cutting mcmike??? wtf yeah he dropps passes but atleast get a pick for the guy cutting him is stupid! rebuilding is fine but get rid of the old guys not mcmike and welker! i love draft picks but we have to field a team next year cam!

Back
Top Bottom