Welker Gone?????? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker Gone??????

we didnt get rid of welker he got taken away from us.... and its not worth matching that offer

We won't field much next year. They are probably gonna go with a bare minimum squad and pile up picks for the next couple years. Then we will be talkin'. If you fall behind in the NFL, screw around with too many drafts and let your team get old this is what happens. I'm not surprised and I like the model (a lot like San Diego).

I hope Wes is gone...for a 2nd rounder of course...but what has this franchise shown you for the last few years?

Hint...they are cheap.

VERY CHEAP.

Hey...by 2010 we might have around 400 million under the cap.

Its not just cam. Randy is calling the shots also. We will be fine and I think they know what they are doing and we still can be competitive next year if Cullpepper plays good.

Ok first off i want this team to rebuild but damn getting rid of welker? he is only 25 yeah we get a pick (maybe) but there is no promise that the pick will be a good player! and now the talk of cutting mcmike??? wtf yeah he dropps passes but atleast get a pick for the guy cutting him is stupid! rebuilding is fine but get rid of the old guys not mcmike and welker! i love draft picks but we have to field a team next year cam!

Oh my god no not welker, some people on this site will comitt hara-kiri when they find out. What next the beloved Cleo?

I am really starting to second guess all this. I wasn't a fan of Cam or Randy, I thought they were both boneheads. I guess this is what happens when you put 2 boneheads together.

Getting rid of Wes is stupid. Getting rid of most of these players is stupid. I wouldn't get rid of a starter unless I had a starter to replace them with. Or at least a prospect. We now have no O-Line, WR's or TE's.

Is Ronnie next?

I would have gotten rid of Chambers and Booker before I ever released Wes.

These 2 boneheads have gone too far. This will be the last I ***** about it until we see the final outcome.

Maybe they have a super duper plan in the works.:shakeno:

Oh my god no not welker, some people on this site will comitt hara-kiri when they find out. What next the beloved Cleo?

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Great line...I hear JT and ZT are both going to retire now because of the 'rebuilding'......

(Ok, just a joke, don't jump off the 7th St bridge guys....)

In rebuilding mode you get rid of old overpayed vets, not young up and coming stars that we could have signed cheaply. This entire deal sucks @$$. :tantrum:

It does suck. What sucks is I don't think Miami had any inkling that they wouldn't get Wes back. Bell too for that matter. I think they stuck them out there with a second round tender thinking nobody would pick them up and they could resign them. That being said, what's done is done. I would like to keep him but he is not worth what NE is offering.

Guys NO OFFER was even MADE to Welker till today!! So this RUMOR is overblown....

I know man. I just can't deny how disappointed I am. It seems like Dolphins fans are just too into the "one guy take us all the way" mentality. They look at individual players too much. Super Bowl teams are usually teams made up of mostly average players that have a couple stars. It takes an entire team doing their individual parts to win.

Welker is a guy that you just want on your team. You don't compare him to T.O. or Randy Moss. Welker is simply a critical part of a winning team. And now the Patriots, a team that has won MANY Super Bowls, is getting a key player to any team.

Remember Brady to Troy Brown? Well, this year, and in the coming 7 years, we can look forward to BRADY TO WELKER. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we are able to draft Bryan Leonard you'll be over Welker in no time. I think he is going to be the same type of player as Wes. A reliable go to guy on third down. A guy heart and drive.

I am really starting to second guess all this. I wasn't a fan of Cam or Randy, I thought they were both boneheads. I guess this is what happens when you put 2 boneheads together.

Getting rid of Wes is stupid. Getting rid of most of these players is stupid. I wouldn't get rid of a starter unless I had a starter to replace them with. Or at least a prospect. We now have no O-Line, WR's or TE's.

Is Ronnie next?

I would have gotten rid of Chambers and Booker before I ever released Wes.

These 2 boneheads have gone too far. This will be the last I ***** about it until we see the final outcome.

Maybe they have a super duper plan in the works.:shakeno:

We tendered Welker, we didn't cut him. Is it Randy and Cam's fault that the Pats are giving 35 mil over 7 years? That's insane for a slot receiver. Not only that but were getting a 2nd round pick out of that. To put it in perspective here are some players that have went to other teams for 2nd round picks.
Terrell Owens, Correy Dillon, Dante Culpepper, Patrick Surtain, the list goes on and on. Each of these players has been to the probowl numerous times and or set records on their teams and the NFL. I love having Wes on our team but he's nowhere close to have the tyepe of impact the other players i mentioned have made. Were getting Value for the pick anyway you put it because of how much we spent to get him in the first place.

Sorry, but who cares if he's the "heart of this team?" This team SUCKED the last few seasons, particularly on offense. Yes, Welker is a gutsy, hard-working player, but his presence or absence won't affect our chances at making the playoffs again one bit.

Amen. Enough with the Welker, Cleo love on this site.

wow will people really be depressed if he is traded for a 5th round draft pick and a back-up O lineman.. (or something like that..)

AGAIN THE DEAL IS NOT DONE... NO AGREEMENT BEEN REACHED YET!:tantrum:

I know man. I just can't deny how disappointed I am. It seems like Dolphins fans are just too into the "one guy take us all the way" mentality. They look at individual players too much. Super Bowl teams are usually teams made up of mostly average players that have a couple stars. It takes an entire team doing their individual parts to win.

Welker is a guy that you just want on your team. You don't compare him to T.O. or Randy Moss. Welker is simply a critical part of a winning team. And now the Patriots, a team that has won MANY Super Bowls, is getting a key player to any team.

Remember Brady to Troy Brown? Well, this year, and in the coming 7 years, we can look forward to BRADY TO WELKER. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark me as one who is REALLY PISSED... and don't give me this we got a second round pick for him CRAP either because I'll bet in TWO years ..Who ever it is, isn't even on this team much less a player who makes an impact like Welker could. And to let him go to the PATS IS JUST ^$^$#%$^# MORONIC!!! YEAH LETS HELP THEM KEEP US DOWN SOME MORE.

Back
Top Bottom