Welker Gone?????? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker Gone??????

The only thing I know is based on last year Welker was our star...The one shining light in a dark stanky season...He is our 1st rounder period...When he was thrown to he caught it and when he returned it looked like he was going to break it ...He played w/ heart...Guess what? The Pats want to trade us a LOW second round pick for our first round player because they know he is worth more & he will prove it to us over and over if he goes north...That bites

Sorry, but who cares if he's the "heart of this team?" This team SUCKED the last few seasons, particularly on offense. Yes, Welker is a gutsy, hard-working player, but his presence or absence won't affect our chances at making the playoffs again one bit.

Agreed. I'll miss ya Wes, but a second rounder is just too good to pass up for a slot receiver/average return man.

We tendered Welker, we didn't cut him. Is it Randy and Cam's fault that the Pats are giving 35 mil over 7 years? That's insane for a slot receiver. Not only that but were getting a 2nd round pick out of that. To put it in perspective here are some players that have went to other teams for 2nd round picks.
Terrell Owens, Correy Dillon, Dante Culpepper, Patrick Surtain, the list goes on and on. Each of these players has been to the probowl numerous times and or set records on their teams and the NFL. I love having Wes on our team but he's nowhere close to have the tyepe of impact the other players i mentioned have made. Were getting Value for the pick anyway you put it because of how much we spent to get him in the first place.

Oh ok ..let's see ...you have a trouble making,ball dropping big mouth...Dillon isn't even a "HAS BEEN" he's a "NEVER WAS"...An OVERRATED CRIPPLE. I'm sold.

The only thing I know is based on last year Welker was our star...The one shining light in a dark stanky season...He is our 1st rounder period...When he was thrown to he caught it and when he returned it looked like he was going to break it ...He played w/ heart...Guess what? The Pats want to trade us a LOW second round pick for our first round player because they know he is worth more & he will prove it to us over and over if he goes north...That bites
Exactly!!!

LOL, how is he our "1st rounder?" Go look at his stats again. He had like 40 more receiving yards than Randy McMichael, 10 more than Chambers, and less than Booker. He had 5 more catches than McMike, 8 more than Chambers, and 12 more than Booker. He had 1 receiving TD, and none on returns.

He wasn't even the clear cut best receiver on the team last year, production wise. Talent wise, he isn't even in the same ballpark. He caught a ton of underneath passes on 3rd downs, most of which weren't even converted for first downs. He has good hands and can find a soft spot in zone coverage. Woopty doo.

In no universe is Welker more valubale than a 2nd round pick....or a 3rd, for that matter. You're letting your fan worship of his gritty style of play override any sense of logic you may possess.

Arrgh!!! Take another look at his draft status.

Look, Wes was a good receiver for us ... GOOD, not great. He was a good return guy (again good, not great) who occasionally showed flashes of great quickness, but not blinding speed. Will he be missed? Sure, he will. Is he worth paying over $5 mil per season (as the Pats are rumored to be offering him) - hell no! Thus, enter the Pats 2nd round pick (#60 overall) headed to Miami ... In my opinion, we got the best of the Pats on this one.

Wow. Peter King just reported that the Dolphins traded Welker to New England for a 2nd and a 7th. (790 the Ticket)

Welker Just Got Traded For Two Draft Picks: A 2nd And A 7th!!!!

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: @ this entire post.

Especially the part where he was our "star" - what happened to Jason Taylor?

Welker is a #3 WR, terrible KR, and decent PR. Get over it!

He wasn't even the clear cut best receiver on the team last year, production wise. Talent wise, he isn't even in the same ballpark. He caught a ton of underneath passes on 3rd downs, most of which weren't even converted for first downs. He has good hands and can find a soft spot in zone coverage. Woopty doo.

hmmm you just defined what the Pats were LOOKING for... A Troy Brown replacement.. and hmm he did all that with YOUR QB's.. Imagine what he will do with Brady??? :tongue:

Ok as much as i love Welker and the desire to play that he has, I would take a secone round pick over him any day of the week. Obviously Welker was a bright spot on a crappy team but when you can get a second for a player that that you gave up nothing for its FANTASTIC... Welker is a class act and he deserves better from the Phins but unfortunately at the state the Phins are in we are better off with the 2nd rounder...

I am really starting to second guess all this. I wasn't a fan of Cam or Randy, I thought they were both boneheads. I guess this is what happens when you put 2 boneheads together.

Getting rid of Wes is stupid. Getting rid of most of these players is stupid. I wouldn't get rid of a starter unless I had a starter to replace them with. Or at least a prospect. We now have no O-Line, WR's or TE's.

Is Ronnie next?

I would have gotten rid of Chambers and Booker before I ever released Wes.

These 2 boneheads have gone too far. This will be the last I ***** about it until we see the final outcome.

Maybe they have a super duper plan in the works.:shakeno:

:rolleyes2
OK genius ...

Should these 2 "boneheads" match the offer sheet and pay WES WELKER $5.4 MILLION/PER YEAR for the next 7 years?

Is that really what you're saying?

Look, we all understand - many Phin fans are not happy about this - but seriously, think about it ... paying Wes that kind of money is insane. Decent slot receivers/average return men (and let's be honest - I don't care how much heart he has - that's exactly what he is) are not worth $5 million+/per year.

You aren't really advocating selling the future and crushing our future cap numbers for Wes Welker are you?

hmmm you just defined what the Pats were LOOKING for... A Troy Brown replacement.. and hmm he did all that with YOUR QB's.. Imagine what he will do with Brady??? :tongue:

1) Troy Brown in his prime was a better player than Wes Welker will ever be, hands down.

2) Troy Brown in his prime would not be worth a 2nd round pick.

So he will now have Tom Brady throwing the ball to him. So what? Is that going to all of a sudden make Welker's physical ability magically grow? What is he going to do, start catching 2 TD passes a game now? Catch 5-7 more passes than he did last year?

Welker was a good boy and I dont like the fact that he now is playing in NE.

Back
Top Bottom