We're Still Alive Baby! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're Still Alive Baby!

Seriously we were pegged as a 3 win team. Now, after 14 games, we are 1 of 2 teams that have a shot. NO ONE expected that. Let's give props. I mean holy crap, really? That is far above anyone's expectations!

Only if u have really low expectations. I mean we are still fighting for last place in division with Buffalo and the Jets also

God forbid fans enjoying that the Dolphins games are still relevant in week 16 for only the second time in 9 years.

So basically, Phins need to win out. Jets need to lose to either Chargers, or Bills.

Week 16 - Steelers Beat Bengals
Week 17 - Cleveland Beat Steelers, Ravens Beat Bengals.

I think this is the longest we have lasted not being eliminated since 2008. It is very satisfying that the Jets were the 2nd team in the division but the first to be eliminated.. HAha

So basically, Phins need to win out. Jets need to lose to either Chargers, or Bills.

Week 16 - Steelers Beat Bengals
Week 17 - Cleveland Beat Steelers, Ravens Beat Bengals.

I dont understand why we need the Jets to lose one of the next two, when they are eliminated.

I dont understand why we need the Jets to lose one of the next two, when they are eliminated.

This is based off the ESPN NFL playoff machine, might be wrong. Maybe something to do with S.O.S. with Colts and Steelers?

The Jets have to drop one more game as well.

No, actually they don't. Even if they finish 8-8 and we finish 8-8, we go on to the playoffs. They are mathematically eliminated.

If the Jets and Dolphins both finish at 8-8 the tiebreaker scenario goes as follows

Head to Head (push) each team won game
Divisonal record (push) If each team makes it to 8-8 then divsional record will be 3-3 for both
Record in common games. This is where we get eliminated. We won both of our un-common games against Oakland and Cincy (this actual come back to bite us) Jets lost to Pitt and still have to play S.D. (No way for us to win this tiebreaker if Jets haves same record as us)

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

No, actually they don't. Even if they finish 8-8 and we finish 8-8, we go on to the playoffs. They are mathematically eliminated.

Jets are eliminated but they can still eliminate us by finishing with 8-8 record.

I can see us winning out and Pitt beating Cincy then Cincy losing @ Ravens buttttttttttttt Clev going into Pitt and grabbing a win with them having a chance to go to playoffs is doubtful. You never know though!

Anything can happen.

Personally I can see Pitt beating Cincy.

Ravens beat Cincy.

Cleveland beats Steelers.

And Jets will probably lose both against the Bills and Chargers.

Biggest obstacle IMO is the Pats game. Billicheat is not one to "rest" starters.

Back
Top Bottom