We're Still Alive Baby! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're Still Alive Baby!

Can everyone stop saying we need the jets to lose another game? THE JETS ARE FINISHED, 100 PERCENT ELIMINATED. THEY ARE DONE. STICK A FORK IN THEM. THEY ARE BAKED CHICKEN.

Can everyone stop saying we need the jets to lose another game? THE JETS ARE FINISHED, 100 PERCENT ELIMINATED. THEY ARE DONE. STICK A FORK IN THEM. THEY ARE BAKED CHICKEN.

CaSH as stated before the Jets are done but we still need them to lose another game in order for use to still have a shot at the playoffs

God forbid fans enjoying that the Dolphins games are still relevant in week 16 for only the second time in 9 years.

I would thank this post twice if I could.

No, our team doesn't have a good chance. But if we beat Buffalo AT HOME and the Steelers beat the Bengals next week, we will have a potentially meaningful game in week 17 against the Patriots. If you had told me we could have a meaningful week 17 before the season, I would have taken it.

I would thank this post twice if I could.

No, our team doesn't have a good chance. But if we beat Buffalo AT HOME and the Steelers beat the Bengals next week, we will have a potentially meaningful game in week 17 against the Patriots. If you had told me we could have a meaningful week 17 before the season, I would have taken it.

This. I don't see the playoffs happenning, but it's nice to be statistically relevant in late December. :up:

Funny how things are, last year everything that needed to happen for us to get into the playoffs took place right before our eyes. Chance after chance, except that we couldn't win which was the most essential part of getting in to the playoffs.

This year We will win our last two games, but Pitt will win out and Cinci will win their last game, eliminating us.

I like are chances to still be alive after this week not that crazy fins an steelers win and we have a pulse its week 17 that will be tough

The two missed FG's by Carpenter in back-to-back weeks killed us....I am not going to get my hopes up that we sneak into the playoffs, but hopefully we can finish nicely and maybe get a couple wins against the Bills and Pats.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/52553/how-dolphins-can-still-make-the-playoffs
[h=1]How Dolphins can still make the playoffs[/h]December, 18, 2012
DEC 18
4:00
PM ET

By James Walker | ESPN.com

miagif-1.jpg
Will the 6-8 Miami Dolphins make the playoffs?

As unfathomable as that sounds, the Dolphins are still in the hunt to make the postseason.

Miami needs to take care of business on the field and get a lot of assistance from other teams to sneak into the playoffs. The New York Jets losing last night to the Tennessee Titans opened the door for Miami to keep its remote playoff chances alive.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, here are all the things Miami needs to happen in the final two weeks:
  • No. 1: Miami must win its final two games against Buffalo and New England
  • No. 2: Jets (6-8) must lose to the Chargers or Bills.
  • No. 3: Bengals (8-6) must lose to both Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
  • No. 4: Pittsburgh (7-7) must beat the Bengals and then lose to Cleveland in Week 17.

If all of this happens, the Dolphins would creep into the playoffs thanks to a three-way tie at 8-8 over the Steelers and Bengals. Miami would have a better conference record by one game at 6-6.

The Dolphins need a lot of fortune, but at least they have a shot.

I'm not even worry about the playoffs at this point. I just want Tannehill to build on this past sunday and I'd still like for them to play Miller, Mathews, Moore and even Egnew. Lets face it, even if we sneak in we'd have to win 3 games on the road just to get to the superbowl. Not realistic but we can build for the off season. It's more important to see progress from the young guys(Martin too) than to sneak into the playoffs imo.

Ozzy rules!!

This reminds me of the sad misshaped Christmas trees that go unclaimed for a month. Is somebody going to dash to the lot 5 minutes before closing on Christmas Eve and shell out 60 bucks to save them?

Nope, not going to happen. Mulch.

Back
Top Bottom