Wes welker back to Miami n 2013 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes welker back to Miami n 2013

Sorry Welker has never been a number one receiver. He has always had many others to take pressure off him. Not worth the money....let him stay in NE. Would much rather have Bowe or Wallace if at all possible.

who are these "others" you speak of? because if I hear deion branch uttered I might die from laughing

I'm good on that little midget. Never forget what he said when he left here. "It's good to finally be playing for a real franchise" or something to that effect. ****em.

Have You Seen Welker Lately?

He's an old man! He needs a cane to walk up the field.

veryoldman-1.jpg

Yea deion branch and gaffney are so good they make him a 110 catch receiver thats rediculous give the man some damn credit[/QU

Sorry man. I would not feel so good about Miami having Welker as the guy "to take pressure" off the other receivers. He is not a number 1. Has nothing to do with numbers although I will always argue he is a product of the his system. Lol like how you are overlooking Randy Moss and Gronk. I think that is ridiculous or in your words rediculous!lol

who are these "others" you speak of? because if I hear deion branch uttered I might die from laughing

Uh how about Moss? I know he is easy to overlook. Gronk and Hernandez? Seriously ppl....Welker is good but he is not a true number 1. He plays the slot and there is no way he would open up the offense if he were on Miami. Are you honestly going to say that teams would not be able to shut him down if he was on Miami right now? Sorry I will respectfully disagree.lol
How many times has he ever had 10+ tds in a season? That would be NEVER. Ya he is the man in NE.lol

Wes is done in New England after this year. I think he would fit in well with tennehill.
Not only is Welker too old, but he's just not the prototype of a reciever philbin's looking for. He has very specific dementions; 6 ft to 6'2" 180-210 pounds, sub 4.5 40

I don't think Welker will go anywhere after this season. Patriots will work out a deal with him. He is just too valuable to their offense.
He extends drives and allows them to score more points because of the 1st downs which results in more wins.

Before Welker arrived (2001-2006) the Patriots had a record of 70-26 (72.9%) and scored 23.9 points per game on offense.
After Welker arrived (2007-present) the Patriots have a record of 67-18 (78.8%) and scored 30.8 points per game on offense.

7 extra wins and almost a TD a game improvement since Welker arrived. We should have never traded him to the Patriots.
He has helped them become almost unstoppable.

As a player I'd certainly take him back here at the Dolphins. Four of his five seasons at the Pats has resulted in over 1,000 receiving yards, and he typically does well with TDs as well. The only issue I'd have is that he fell out with the Pats over wanting a large contract. So would the Dolphins actually want to pay him a large contract at his age?

I'm unsure. If he was coming in on Reggie Bush type money, then I'd say sure get him signed up. But if he's wanting a big pay day, then I think there are other receivers that will hit free agency that might provide better value. He'd be a heck of an asset though, but he wasn't exactly complementary about the team when he left.

Yea deion branch and gaffney are so good they make him a 110 catch receiver thats rediculous give the man some damn credit[/QU

Sorry man. I would not feel so good about Miami having Welker as the guy "to take pressure" off the other receivers. He is not a number 1. Has nothing to do with numbers although I will always argue he is a product of the his system. Lol like how you are overlooking Randy Moss and Gronk. I think that is ridiculous or in your words rediculous!lol

Yea somehow my computer typed whatever it wanted but if he is just a product of the system whey hasnt anyone ever produced like he has in that system. No system in the entire history of the NFL has had a average receiver have 4 110 catch seasons

No. We need a strong outside reciever. We have the inside guys already.

Uh how about Moss? I know he is easy to overlook. Gronk and Hernandez? Seriously ppl....Welker is good but he is not a true number 1. He plays the slot and there is no way he would open up the offense if he were on Miami. Are you honestly going to say that teams would not be able to shut him down if he was on Miami right now? Sorry I will respectfully disagree.lol
How many times has he ever had 10+ tds in a season? That would be NEVER. Ya he is the man in NE.lol

Anyone arguing Welker is a prototypical number 1 is missing the point here. I'm arguing your assessment that welker is no good, hes just a product of the system and "others" taking pressure off him so he just walks into 1100+ yard seasons year in an year out. When Moss was there, Welker just meandered his way to 112, 111, and 123 reception seasons. When Moss crumbled into a shell of an NFL WR, welker still put up 86 receptions and 900 yards..... coming off a torn ACL in the last week of the season. Gronk is great, Hernandez is great, but that doesn't discredit Wes one bit, he is unguardable in the slot.

If you think he could get shut down in our offense, then you must just think he is some scrub, because as much as I love davone bess, welker blows him out of the water, even now at his "old age".

I don't think we should bring him in at all, feel like he burned his bridges and that ship has sailed a long time ago, but if you watched NE play since 2007... one guy is the focal point of that offense that makes it move up and down the field..... and thats been Wes

Back
Top Bottom