Wes welker back to Miami n 2013 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes welker back to Miami n 2013

Anyone arguing Welker is a prototypical number 1 is missing the point here. I'm arguing your assessment that welker is no good, hes just a product of the system and "others" taking pressure off him so he just walks into 1100+ yard seasons year in an year out. When Moss was there, Welker just meandered his way to 112, 111, and 123 reception seasons. When Moss crumbled into a shell of an NFL WR, welker still put up 86 receptions and 900 yards..... coming off a torn ACL in the last week of the season. Gronk is great, Hernandez is great, but that doesn't discredit Wes one bit, he is unguardable in the slot.

If you think he could get shut down in our offense, then you must just think he is some scrub, because as much as I love davone bess, welker blows him out of the water, even now at his "old age".

I don't think we should bring him in at all, feel like he burned his bridges and that ship has sailed a long time ago, but if you watched NE play since 2007... one guy is the focal point of that offense that makes it move up and down the field..... and thats been Wes

Not once did I ever say Welker is no good. My point is that he is not a prototypical number 1 receiver. Plain and simple. He makes lots of catches but he doesn't put up large YPC numbers and scores few TDS. That tells me he is a great guy between the 20s and a chain mover but not the true go to guy. In Miami they need a true go to guy...Welker is not that guy period. It would be interesting to see how many passes Welker has caught more than 6-7 yards down field. I would rather have bowe or wallace and keep bess and hartline. Welker has no place here. Lastly, I disagree with you that Welker "blows Bess out of the water"....Bess easily put up better stats in Miami's offense than Welker. The only way you could truly get a good comparison is to put them on the same team. Bess is an excellent slot receiver and Welker is as well but neither is a number one!

Not once did I ever say Welker is no good. My point is that he is not a prototypical number 1 receiver. Plain and simple. He makes lots of catches but he doesn't put up large YPC numbers and scores few TDS. That tells me he is a great guy between the 20s and a chain mover but not the true go to guy. In Miami they need a true go to guy...Welker is not that guy period. It would be interesting to see how many passes Welker has caught more than 6-7 yards down field. I would rather have bowe or wallace and keep bess and hartline. Welker has no place here. Lastly, I disagree with you that Welker "blows Bess out of the water"....Bess easily put up better stats in Miami's offense than Welker. The only way you could truly get a good comparison is to put them on the same team. Bess is an excellent slot receiver and Welker is as well but neither is a number one!

I disagree with you about bess vs. welker, but other than that, I agree with this explanation. When someone uses the phrase, "product of the system"... that usually means they aren't very good but are.... simply a result of the system.

We both agree he is not a prototypical number 1.
I would much rather have wallace and bowe... but just because of age vs bowe. i think bowe is beyond a waste of money... terrible hands. and only produces in garbage time

I disagree with you about bess vs. welker, but other than that, I agree with this explanation. When someone uses the phrase, "product of the system"... that usually means they aren't very good but are.... simply a result of the system.

We both agree he is not a prototypical number 1.
I would much rather have wallace and bowe... but just because of age vs bowe. i think bowe is beyond a waste of money... terrible hands. and only produces in garbage time
I like Bowe....but if I had my choice I would prefer Wallace. Nice to have that speed to stretch the field. Of course if Jennings is healthy, I would rather have him over both.lol

Wes welker is most likely not coming back. I met him in a Irish pub a few years back in NYC. Actually a gambling pub during the derby. I was the only one who noticed him, went up to him and told him how much he was missed. He said the dolphin organization was a joke compared to new England and was happy to be out of there. He seemed like a bit of a dummy to be honest but seemed pretty certain about Miami. Anyway just sharing

Well, this "joke" of a franchise is the only reason he even has a career. Sorry, but teams weren't exactly lining up for his services when San Diego cut him and we picked the UDFA up. I certainly don't remember hearing about New England bringing him in for a workout. I'm not saying he didn't earn his recognition when he played with us, because he played very hard and kept us in some games when no one else would make a play. But without Miami taking a chance on him he has no football career to speak of. I don't hate him for becoming a Patriot, but I definitely hate him for the crap he said once his foot was out the door. F**king ingrate.

Back
Top Bottom