West Virginia @ Louisville | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

West Virginia @ Louisville

Great game. L'ville looked unreal.

Great win for them. Big game next week.

if WVU had a better passing attack, it wouldve been even more of a game..but you cant run the ball all game and expect to beat a team like Louisville

I know thats WVU style..but that coach has to mix it up too

Who won?

C-A-R-D-S! CARDS! This game was AWESOME. I was on the edge of my seat all night. I can't wait to see how they look against Ohio State in Arizona... I mean Rutgers. If Brohm stays and Bush returns, next season will be brutal.

Everytime Louisville beats someone, they're suddenly "not that good" or "so and so is better." WVU is a very, very good team. Miami was ranked when Louisville beat them. They haven't lost at home in THREE YEARS! Oh, and by the way... Louisville lost their superstar running back in week 1. GIVE THE VILLE SOME RESPECT!

No, Brohm is a junior. Bush is a Senior, but never redshirted. It's still an option for him to medical red shirt.

Man oh man what a game. Here's a few observations:

1. WVU is an excellent offensive football team. Its one thing for teams to prepare for U of L with all the things they do on offense. Its another thing to prepare for WVU who you know is going to run White and Slaton. BUT YOU STILL CAN'T STOP THEM! Their defense needs some work. That 3-3-5 defense doesn't work against really good teams.

2. Brohm still isn't 100% throwing the ball. Some of his passes looked funny and he wasn't hitting receivers in stride like he usually does. I'm thinking that thumb injury isn't going to fully heal until the offseason. They're just telling everyone "its almost 100%" as a bluff.

3. Next year there won't be a defensive back in the country that can cover Uruttia. B E A S T

4. U of L's defense played well tonight except for all those missed tackles. I know they gave up points and yards, but trust me WVU's offense would give Michigan and OSU fits as well. They forced the turnovers when the needed to, got a TD, and kept WVU's return game in check.

5. I don't want to hear any more from those people who say that U of L shouldn't be in the NC game because the Big East is weak. No one said anything back in the day when Nebraska and Oklahoma ran roughshod over the Big 12 and still played the NC game.

Now comes Rutgers. Its going to be a good game. Rutger's defense is pretty good, but I think U of L's offense is better. I'll say U of L 33 Rutgers 14.

Good luck to the Moutaineers for the rest of the year. I hope Slaton is ok. Its going to be another barn burner next year!!

GO CARDS!!

305TillIDie said:
if WVU had a better passing attack, it wouldve been even more of a game..but you cant run the ball all game and expect to beat a team like Louisville

I know thats WVU style..but that coach has to mix it up too

he doesnt' have the players to mix it up

finswin56 said:
I'm not going to take anything away for UL. They were great tonight. I'm just not sold that their offense is impossible to stop against a great defense. UM is a joke this year; they also gave up 30 to Ga Tech (whose offense is CJ and not much else). They have zero character, and just gave up once they got behind on the road. UL put 28 w/ Brohm on the road against Syracuse, who's a bigger joke. UL is great, but I just really want to see them against a top defense.

Couldn't agree more. Everyone knew this would be a track meet. WVU's defense is nothing special.

MikeO said:
Great game. L'ville looked unreal.

Great win for them. Big game next week.

Yup, and this worked out great for Rutgers, it will be hard for L'ville to get up like that twice in a week.

And no I'm not saying they can't, just its tough to do so.

i keep hearing people call this "the biggest game in Big East history." didn't miami and virginia tech play some REALLY big games against each other?

UF Fin Kat said:
i keep hearing people call this "the biggest game in Big East history." didn't miami and virginia tech play some REALLY big games against each other?

Yes, but this is big for the Big East who was bascilly told by the BCS to prove they belong to keep the automatic bid two years ago.

How sad have they become, they play this weekend with not a peep about them.

zachequalsgod said:
C-A-R-D-S! CARDS! This game was AWESOME. I was on the edge of my seat all night. I can't wait to see how they look against Ohio State in Arizona... I mean Rutgers. If Brohm stays and Bush returns, next season will be brutal.

Everytime Louisville beats someone, they're suddenly "not that good" or "so and so is better." WVU is a very, very good team. Miami was ranked when Louisville beat them. They haven't lost at home in THREE YEARS! Oh, and by the way... Louisville lost their superstar running back in week 1. GIVE THE VILLE SOME RESPECT!
Who isn't giving UL any respect?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yup, and this worked out great for Rutgers, it will be hard for L'ville to get up like that twice in a week.

And no I'm not saying they can't, just its tough to do so.
True. I very interested to see how UL responds after such an emotional victory with a challenging game on the road. I'm just as interested to see Rutgers play against a very good team.

finswin56 said:
True. I very interested to see how UL responds after such an emotional victory with a challenging game on the road. I'm just as interested to see Rutgers play against a very good team.

Yep, last year L'Ville blew out Rutgers.

One other thing that may help Rutgers is the running game, Wv ran all over them, so Rice and Leonard should do well. And Rutgers is one of the Top sack teams on defense, so it could be a real interesting game.

Back
Top Bottom