What Are We Missing? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Are We Missing?

AJ Duhe

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Someone with a coaching background please explain what we're missing with the back 7 play. Burke expressly says he wants the coverage tightened up after what he saw in the Chargers game. We get to the next game, and the coverage looks exactly the same. We have exactly 1 pass breakup in 2 games. Defenders are no where near the receivers when balls are completed.

If our CBs excel in Press-Man coverage, why aren't they playing that technique on a large majority of snaps?

If our CBs are being asked to play Off-Man or Catch-Man, where are they blowing it? Are they just deficient in reading route combinations?

Is there something fundamental in our zone that is just too easily exploited? Depth of LB drops?

WHAT ARE WE MISSING?

it is really such a terrible feeling knowing that as soon as the opposing QB throws pass, it's gonna be completed.. we haven't covered a slant for years.. Brees might throw for 500.. SAD

How about burke coaches these guys.. scout route patterns switch coverages tell players when to jump what routes.. coach the damn talent

Someone with a coaching background please explain what we're missing with the back 7 play. Burke expressly says he wants the coverage tightened up after what he saw in the Chargers game. We get to the next game, and the coverage looks exactly the same. We have exactly 1 pass breakup in 2 games. Defenders are no where near the receivers when balls are completed.

If our CBs excel in Press-Man coverage, why aren't they playing that technique on a large majority of snaps?

If our CBs are being asked to play Off-Man or Catch-Man, where are they blowing it? Are they just deficient in reading route combinations?

Is there something fundamental in our zone that is just too easily exploited? Depth of LB drops?

WHAT ARE WE MISSING?
Our overall defense is Slow!

I don't think we control the middle of the line. Even with Suh, our guys mainly Lbers still get gobbled up by linemen. I cant say the last time I have seen a successful stunt that resulted in a sack. I did miss portions of the Chargers game.

Maybe it's a Gase thing.

Last year we sucked at run D.

This year it's pass D.

Last year we sucked for 5 games before we got our **** together.

This year....we can't afford that.

The modern Miami Dolphins: beat NE at Foxboro, then dump against SF at home....we win when we shouldn't, and then lose when we shouldn't.

it is really such a terrible feeling knowing that as soon as the opposing QB throws pass, it's gonna be completed.. we haven't covered a slant for years.. Brees might throw for 500.. SAD

Might? I'm scared that's a forgone conclusion.

Were missing 17 out of the last 20 years of average to good drafts. Im optimistic its finally changing toward better than bad.

I think that question could be better answered in a couple of games.

I know everyone is down about the Jets game and how poorly Miami played. If that's the norm, than almost everything is missing and we're talking about a major rebuild. I'm guessing there's a lot of knee jerk reactions in the NFL right now after a weekend of upsets. Almost every team has had a really bad game early in the season.

I'm not dismissing your question or trying to sugar coat a bad loss, but if the team turns it around and starts playing more in line with last year the answer could be very different after four games.

Heart.

Last year we did more with less.

I think the defensive scheme needs to be questioned/revised/clarified as well. What is it? What happened to D-Line stunts, disguised blitzes etc...
I just see 11 man lined up waiting to get torched or hoping for an inaccurate pass from the opposing QB.

Back
Top Bottom