What Are We Missing? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Are We Missing?

For me, it's all going back to coaching. For example, why does it seem that every other week we play a team who are without at least one of their starters on the offensive line and we all assume that Suh and company will have a field day. Then on game day, nothing happens. But when we lose a starter on the offensive line, the entire offense plays like a crap. I just don't see this with well coached teams.

Already given my opinion on defense. On offense? JThomas does indeed look old and slow. I would consider the TE to be 6th OL and instead use more 3 WR sets. Last year when the offense explode Gase called his offense through the Oline. This needs to happen again, a power running attack and Cutlers big arm are a dream match.

The defensive line is overrated. It does not take over games as its billed.

The offense doesn't score enough points to one-dimensionalize the opposing offense and permit that. Consequently we're seeing only the defensive line's ability against the run game, and not as pass-rushers who can pin their ears back.

I think Burke may be lying to himself. I coach and If I tell my guys to play press coverage, THEY'RE PLAYING PRESS COVERAGE or they're coming out of the game! If players feel like you're putting them in a position to succeed they'll trust you and do as you ask. Seems like they don't trust him as of yet because I've seen them do the exact opposite of what he said he wanted... which is really weird to me. Someones not being truthful.

Vital injuries to key players. EXECUTION!! Heart. Physicality. As far as last game, coaching is an issue for sure. Our D hasn't really been a huge problem in scoring (6th) but our offense makes them stay on the field for 40 mins. Of course we're going to lose. Last week better have been a one time deal because I cannot take much more of "that game." Very much a huge joke of the NFL right now.

I'd rather go back too the days where JJ would cut players on the spot and play a young guy and lose with him then put up with this supposedly "talented" team not showing up to knock the teeth out of the Jets mouth. This is just plain awful.

Someone with a coaching background please explain what we're missing with the back 7 play. Burke expressly says he wants the coverage tightened up after what he saw in the Chargers game. We get to the next game, and the coverage looks exactly the same. We have exactly 1 pass breakup in 2 games. Defenders are no where near the receivers when balls are completed.

If our CBs excel in Press-Man coverage, why aren't they playing that technique on a large majority of snaps?

If our CBs are being asked to play Off-Man or Catch-Man, where are they blowing it? Are they just deficient in reading route combinations?

Is there something fundamental in our zone that is just too easily exploited? Depth of LB drops?

WHAT ARE WE MISSING?

We need a ballhawking, sideline to sideline, centerfield Free Safety. IMO, if we got a guy with wheels back there, we would play more press coverage. As it is now, they are so scared of getting beat deep that they play with these ridiculous cushions.

I think that is the biggest need, but we could also use a linebacker that excels in coverage, and a solid slot corner.

02-beers-primary-image-PA-Sculpin.png

Outside of Wake, Hayes and Suh the rest of pour defense is soft and can't play physical at all. Our DBs need to start getting in receivers faces and our linebackers need to start hitting someone!!

Outside of Wake, Hayes and Suh the rest of pour defense is soft and can't play physical at all. Our DBs need to start getting in receivers faces and our linebackers need to start hitting someone!!
It's Burke's decision to play 10 yd off, and not bump and run. Not DB decision. If you want to blame, blame Burke.

We need a ballhawking, sideline to sideline, centerfield Free Safety. IMO, if we got a guy with wheels back there, we would play more press coverage. As it is now, they are so scared of getting beat deep that they play with these ridiculous cushions.

I think that is the biggest need, but we could also use a linebacker that excels in coverage, and a solid slot corner.

DING DING DING

And we need to stop with the hiring of former Bengals coaches. I don't know what the hell our fetish is with Bengals coaches but we've hired too many of them in the past and 90% of them suck. Burke is just the latest Bengals garbage. He's as bad or worse than Coyle was.

Back
Top Bottom