WHAT if we sit at #3 and barkley is on board... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHAT if we sit at #3 and barkley is on board...

No then I'd pick up a Landry Jones and a FS in the second.

I think with the success of Dalton and Newton, new rookie salary limits, and the arguable best QB in the league now (Rodgers) who sat o few years before his success, you might see teams more a willing to take a QB in the first round when other years they might not of. I wouldn't bet on having much left into the second. It might happen but it's a gamble I wouldn't want to make.

No then I'd pick up a Landry Jones and a FS in the second.
So we risk him being drafted before we pick in the mediocre middle of the first and even more mediocre middle of the second? No thanks. Take the QB.

It depends a lot on the offer. If we can stay in the top-10 and potentially pick up another mid to late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder, I think it's worth it. For example, if Cleveland was willing to part with their two picks (which right now stand at 8 and 17), I think you have to make that trade. At #8, you still have a chance to get Landry Jones or Griffen.

I also think that while unconventional...I would advocate for looking at an 'insurance' QB in the 3-4th round. I think that if we trade back this allows us to do that because it gives us an additional early pick. I think you make it a 4 way battle then, your two draft choices, Henne and Moore to see who starts day one. Best case scenario, one of two of them end up as tradeable assets that you can cash out into other picks, worst case scenario....they all flop, but that's a risk we take in any situation.

I start printing Barkley jerseys even before Goodell gets to announce the pick.

Why does Matt Barkley jump almost every time he throws the ball? Something about that bothers me.

I think Jones will be a better NFL QB than Barkley. Jones plays in a better conference, against alot better competition than Barkley does. Hes got better size, arm, etc.

Playing your college career one one of the better conferences against better competition each week, is a big advantage in my view, when you make the jump to the pro's.

I think Jones will be a better NFL QB than Barkley. Jones plays in a better conference, against alot better competition than Barkley does. Hes got better size, arm, etc.

Playing your college career one one of the better conferences against better competition each week, is a big advantage in my view, when you make the jump to the pro's.
Nicely written

This team has been without a franchise QB for over a decade and you would suggest trading the pick?????

What happens when you trade back 3 or four spots and someone else takes L.Jones? Then what! I'm a huge supporter of selecting A.Luck or M.Barkley, but if the new regime believes in L.Jones then select him at #3 don't screw around with the future of this franchise any more. The only way I would support a trade back is if B.Weeden was the #1 target of the new regime and we received a "highway robbery" in compensation.

If we can't suck enough for Luck then selecting Barkley is like gettin' with the Miss America runner up, not to shabby.

ya dude, I suggested it. For arguments sake. there was a similar thread awhile back about trading out of the #1 pick. I thought I'd put a spin on it to give folks something to talk about. Sorry you hated the thread 3rd and inches.

For the record, I'm probably taking barkley. But I'm not passing up barkley to select weeden, no matter what the compensation. To me that's kind of like what we did this year. pass mark ingram so we can grab daniel thomas. I think it's still undetermined, but I'm betting we will end up thinking we got the short end of that stick.

I do like the looks of your starting lineup in your sig.

Back
Top Bottom