WHAT if we sit at #3 and barkley is on board... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHAT if we sit at #3 and barkley is on board...

Considering our desperate QB position, you take Barkley and celebrate.

Kind of sucks we miss out on Luck, but whatever. Barkley has a shot at succeeding. I just don't like him because he depends too much on his arm

ya dude, I suggested it. For arguments sake. there was a similar thread awhile back about trading out of the #1 pick. I thought I'd put a spin on it to give folks something to talk about. Sorry you hated the thread 3rd and inches.

For the record, I'm probably taking barkley. But I'm not passing up barkley to select weeden, no matter what the compensation. To me that's kind of like what we did this year. pass mark ingram so we can grab daniel thomas. I think it's still undetermined, but I'm betting we will end up thinking we got the short end of that stick.

I do like the looks of your starting lineup in your sig.

Never said I hated the thread! I hate the idea of trading the pick because you might want a different QB, just select the QB at #3. We've gone way to long without a franchise QB to play games at the draft. It was rumoured that we would have selected C.Ponder if he was available, let's not take a chance and have that happen.

Just select the franchise QB whomever the new regime believes it is!

sorry bro. you know how ya read something that doesnt have a facial expression attatched to it and get half offended?? hahahaha

I can't get on this weeden bandwagon. I like the guys game. but I hate his age. call me petty... 29 when he hits the roster, IF he's able to transition immediately to the game, which I have no idea if he will or wont. But IF he has to sit a few years or even one, than our rookie qb is suddenly in his 30's, and we aren't far from needing another guy. I'd much rather have luck fall into our laps, which I have basically given up on already. than for me it's jone or barkley with the preference changing almost on a weekly basis.

No problem...

I just want us to finally select a guy that the majority of fans can get behind and finally believe we have a bright future again!!!

lets get more specific yet....

say we are sitting at #3, luck is gone, blackmon is gone. colts had #1, St.Louis had #2.... seattle is sitting at 5... (as of right now... I went off walterfootball current draft order)...

they offer the 5th in 2012, a 2nd round in 2012, and a 1st in 2013. Do we get out of the barkley pick? take another qb as high as five? target playmakers at 5, and try to get weeden or somebody later?

Is barkley worth 3-4 draft picks? My concern would be with the new rookie wage scale, you either have to take him because the risk isn't as high as it used to be, and IF you wanted out of the pick, you wouldn't get as much compensation for the top five pick as I think you could have garnered in the past.

No problem...

I just want us to finally select a guy that the majority of fans can get behind and finally believe we have a bright future again!!!

What for? They could turn out to be Ryan Leaf.

We have holes in the offensive line to fix. RT.

you pass on him and draft another chad henne in the 2nd. just kidding you take his ***

I think Jones will be a better NFL QB than Barkley. Jones plays in a better conference, against alot better competition than Barkley does. Hes got better size, arm, etc.

Playing your college career one one of the better conferences against better competition each week, is a big advantage in my view, when you make the jump to the pro's.

Ummm Andrew Luck?

lets get more specific yet....

say we are sitting at #3, luck is gone, blackmon is gone. colts had #1, St.Louis had #2.... seattle is sitting at 5... (as of right now... I went off walterfootball current draft order)...

they offer the 5th in 2012, a 2nd round in 2012, and a 1st in 2013. Do we get out of the barkley pick? take another qb as high as five? target playmakers at 5, and try to get weeden or somebody later?

Is barkley worth 3-4 draft picks? My concern would be with the new rookie wage scale, you either have to take him because the risk isn't as high as it used to be, and IF you wanted out of the pick, you wouldn't get as much compensation for the top five pick as I think you could have garnered in the past.

You take Barkley

Oh, I'm bettin theres a few ppl watching weeden play right now who would trade out of the pick and let barkley slide and target weeden.. just have to wait for them to come out of the woodwork.

Oh, I'm bettin theres a few ppl watching weeden play right now who would trade out of the pick and let barkley slide and target weeden.. just have to wait for them to come out of the woodwork.
I'm watching him. Looks great. Still take Barkley without any hesitation.

That would be a simple answer for me: take Barkley. Barkley looks like he will become at least a good qb in this leauge and potentially more. Why risk trading down?

Kansas 17, Baylor 0. RGIII having a not-so-good day against a HORRIBLE team. Wanna rethink refusing those Akili Smith/Andre Ware/David Klingler comparisons?

Back
Top Bottom